Chapter 15

I woke up in a white hospital bed.

But it wasn't like a hospital, although it looked clean, it was my prison.

I had a really bad headache, and bandages wrapped my body and throat.

I couldn't speak anymore, my vocal chords were disintegrated.

I felt water drip down onto my hands.

"H-huh? What is this? Water?" Tears came from my eyes and I cried, not knowing why.

I hated myself. I hated everything I had done.

I regret everything.

If only I would have just killed myself, the world would have been better, my mother is probably grieving and is being harassed by news reporters.

I heard my door open and I jumped out of bed, only for my legs to give out and immense pain shot throughout my body, I fell onto the floor.

I screamed in pain, but nothing came out.

"You're awake?" Someone said. I looked behind me.

It was Uraraka, wearing a UA uniform. She looked nervous.

"H-Hey Deku... Or is it Night Silence? Or...Should I call you Izuku?" She asked me.

I tried to say something, but only a breath of air came out of my mouth.

"Oh, right...Can't speak..." Uraraka fidgeted.

"I-I was allowed to come inside your room...You're inside UA right now, well specifically underneath it. You're kind of a captive right now. They allowed some of us to come in, there are some people outside wanting to talk to you." She said walking over to me.

I patted the bed and slapped my legs. If I couldn't communicate with words I have to use body language.

"Y-You can't move your legs? You want to go up on the bed?" She asked. I nodded and she cautiously set me onto the bed.

"Is it okay if the others come in? It's only a few other people..." She said and I nodded.

She walked outside of the room and I breathed out. This would be a lot easier if I had something to write on.

I looked in my nightstand to find a whiteboard with a thin marker with an eraser on the back.

I grabbed it, and Uraraka came back in with the other visitors.

Bakugo and Todoroki.

Fear crept up my body, but I stood tall and glared at Bakugo.

"Keep staring at him and we'll kill you. Your quirks are gone right now." Todoroki said with his hands in his pocket.

I cringed.

"No wonder I feel so weak..." I thought.

"I know you hate me with a burning passion because of what I did in the past, but I don't think it was that bad to go on and attack me." Bakugo said to me, looking straight at me.

I growled at him.

I wrote down on the board.

"....Nothing? You think bullying to the point of suicide is nothing? You disgust me. You knew what you were doing, what did I ever do to you? Nothing, you targeted me just because I was quirkless. I don't want to see you ever again, get the fuck out."

Uraraka looked at Bakugo. "Did you really do that...? Aren't heroes supposed to protect people?"

"I-It was in the past. I can't change what I did." He said.

"I always knew you did something that some of us didn't know. Glad that you told us, but then again, kinda not." Todoroki said.

"If I die, I'm fine with it. I'll be ridiculed my entire life at this point, so it's better if I just disappeared. One less person to worry about 'saving' or 'defeating'." I wrote down.

"I don't want you to die though, Izu-chan." Uraraka said, making up a nickname. "I don't want you to die because you're still my friend. I understand why you would become a villain, and I'm sorry what happened to you."

Tears poured out of her eyes. Was she always this sensitive toward others feelings?

She kind of reminds me of...my mom.

Uraraka put her arms around me and hugged my small stature.

"I'm sorry Izuku. I'll be here for you, always."

Todoroki looked on, holding back a smile. I guess he cares about me also.

But Bakugo kept silent, watching on.

Days passed.

My mother never visited me.

I knew this would happen, she disowned me. Or, she might just be busy with news reporters swarming our apartment...

Yeah, I'll just go with that.

My inability to speak made me frustrated, having to write down what I wanted to say, or using gestures to get what I wanted.

That's when I told (wrote) to the doctors and heroes supervising me that I wanted to learn sign language.

The language had always interested me, and I even learned a bit in high school, but I never put my all into it.

They let me learn it, to my relief.

Although I hated being inside this boring room, filled with security cameras and being by myself with only books to read.

But one day, my caretakers decided something.

"You can go outside, however, we'll be monitoring you, with this." They handed me a collar, it was more like a choker.

It tracks where my location is and if I try to take it off, it sends a signal to the heroes.

"But...What if people outside notice me?" I wrote to them, fidgeting around with my fingers and marker.

"They won't because you'll be wearing clothing that will mostly disguise your face."

They handed me a beanie and facemask, along with colorful clothing.

"Communication will be hard, so just use the sign language you've learned so far, and if people question why you're using it, signal that you're deaf." He said, latching the choker safely onto the neck.

It was actually pretty comfortable, it covered the stitches and scars on my neck.

They sent me off with a backpack that had money, a sketchbook (because they knew I liked to draw) and some medicine.

"Come back at 6:00 PM. If not, we'll find you and take you back here by force." They said.

I nodded and went off on my own.

I was scared.

I was out in society and I felt like everyone was judging and looking at me.

I felt like how I was back in my old high school, with extreme social anxiety.

I hated it.

But I sucked all of my emotions in and breathed out.

I took my first step out into the world.

✿⋘───《●○●》───⋙✿

Original Upload: March 23rd, 2018