Chapter 10

Today was great.

For some odd reason, it felt like the first time I've been loved and cared for outside of home.

It was a nice, soft, warm feeling.

It was amazing.

I ended up getting the contacts of everyone in the classroom.

I can talk to them whenever I want, or at least that's what they told me.

I headed to bed until I realized something.

I don't think I ever opened my window.

And there she was.

Toga was sitting on my desk with 2 vials in her hand.

"Hey there Deky!" She called out to me. I looked around to make sure no one would be able to hear us.

I glared at her and she just smiled at me. Like a monster.

"Aw, don't be sour! I have an offer for you." She says to me. She holds up the two vials.

One of the vials liquid was a dark pink and the other vial was a light blue.

"This pink one will give you the ability to know a persons quirk just by looking at them. Every single detail." She continued. "And this blue one right here will make it so that you can see 10 seconds into the future. You can use this to avoid attacks coming at you, it's your choice."

I stared at the vials.

She was giving me quirks. But what for? How will they benefit from giving me useful quirks?

I took out a piece of paper and started writing my response to it.

"What if I decide not to choose any of these, and decline your offer?"

She stared at me intently.

"We'll kill your mother."

I stopped. I had to make a choice, but then I thought of something.

Could I get both quirks?

With both of them combined, it would be almost unstoppable.

"Am I able to have both of the vials? Both of the quirks?"

"A wise question, yes. But, we'll have to get rid of the quirk that gives you perfect eyesight." She tells me.

"Another question, how do I know you aren't tricking me? These quirks may not even work at all, and it might have dangerous side effects."

When I said that, she drank the vials liquid, leaving half of the contents in both of them

"They work alright. You should see a man walking down the street right about now. His quirk is teleportation. Weaknesses are intense nausea." She said.

At that moment I saw a man teleport and then started walking.

After a few seconds, he threw up from the after-effects of nausea.

"Also, there are no side effects. Maybe occasional headaches but other than that it's a perfect quirk." She said to me, playing with the vials that are in her hand.

"I'll take the quirks. Glasses or contacts will be a pain, but it's worth it." I write down.

"Excellent choice~. Also, don't worry about doctors looking into your bloodstream to see that your perfect vision quirk is gone. The serums make it blend in as if it seems it's never even been there, and vice versa for the quirks you'll be receiving." She said. She handed me the bottles, walked over to the window;

And jumped from it.

I gasped in surprise and I peered out the window to see if she was fine.

She wasn't even there though, she disappeared.

I looked at the vials and clenched onto them tightly.

'Heh, why does this always happen to me?'

I drank both of the vials.

I could feel the quirks giving me power, but my eyesight was faltering.

Before I knew it, my vision was blurry.

I tried looking around for an old pair of glasses that Inko told me I used to have.

I looked through everywhere, but it was hard to find them considering it was night and I was half blind.

After a couple of minutes of searching around my hand felt a pair of glasses and I put them on.

I had perfect vision.

I sighed as I felt my sadness sink in.

Everything was going fine, I was so happy.

But then they came and ruined everything.

Why did they have to ruin everything?

I couldn't sleep that night.

I was devastated. Devastated by the fact that my house was being watched, I was forced into something I never wanted, and the people around me are in danger.

When I went to school, all of it faded away.

I was greeted by my friends. But more importantly, they were worried because I had bags under my eyes with glasses covering my face.

I told them that the eyesight quirk that the villains gave me suddenly disappeared because the drug that they gave me only lasts for a certain period of time, and they believed it.

But Kacchan didn't.

I could tell that he was staring at me the entire day, he wasn't convinced.

I have to hide the truth in order for them to stay safe.

But even if I hide it, would they still be safe?

I sighed as I went throughout the day.

I knew every answer to everything. Knowledge about hero history, knowledge of basic education.

It was...kind of boring.

Until I was called to the office.

It was Midnight.

"Midoriya, as you know we've placed you into the Hero department, and we believe that you should stay there and study heroics." She said to me.

No way. I'm....a hero in training now.

"Now, don't go bouncing off the walls. We called you here because we need to know about what you want your hero costume to be. And, a hero name." She told me.

I stopped. A costume? That'll be hard to do.

But then, something more important then that came to me.

A name.

A name that'll represent me.

A sudden wave of sadness came over me. Why did I feel so sad?

I should be happy that I was going to be a hero!

But I wasn't.

But instead what took the place of sadness was anger.

'What's the point of becoming a hero, when even he said I couldn't be one?' I think as Midnight gives me a forum about becoming a hero and I say my goodbyes to her, walking out.

I looked at the ground in confusion, anger, and sadness. These emotions were choking me, and they were piling up.

A single question came to my mind.

"Why me?"

✿⋘───《●○●》───⋙✿

Original Upload: January 14th, 2018