✿Chapter 5✿

I woke up, a ventilator over my mouth with an IV drip hanging from the other side of my elbow, sitting in the pit. Along with it dangled a blood bag, a steady stream going through it.

It hurt to move my body, but I knew I was drugged up to hell and back from how woozy and groggy I was feeling. The clean bandages and the smell of rubbing alcohol filled the room as I slowly lifted my other arm free of tubes up to the ventilator and pulled it off of my face.

I breathed in heavily through my mouth, looking around the room. A mix of red and white spider lilies sat pretty in a vase, though most of the white ones seemed to be getting dry, slowly crusting up to eventually die. The rest of the room was white with natural oak furniture, white curtains, and a seemingly uncomfortable hospital bed. This would probably be seen as extremely uncomfortable for other people, but to me, this was the best thing I've ever slept on.

After inspecting the room, I took a peek at the rest of my body. I was adorned in white bandages, scars that were healing nicely, scabs that seemed to be peeling off, and a lot of bruises. I could feel the stitching on my neck when my Adam's apple bobbed up and down. I reached a hand up to pet the stitches lightly, feeling how they were fixed up and done professionally. I sighed in relief.

I closed my eyes, a flash of memory appearing. I opened my eyes in shock before shutting them close again, trying to chase after what I had lost. I thought about it as hard as I could, but there was nothing. It was gone. It was right in front of me yet I lost it.

Anger consumed me as I tried to yell in frustration only for me to stop immediately once an uncomfortable feeling in my neck started to spread. It felt like a node was lodge deep into my throat whenever I tried to speak or even make a sound.

Over to my right was an oak tray with a whiteboard, a marker with an eraser for it, and a plastic cup of water with a sticky note slapped onto it telling me to drink it.

I reached my hand out to it and felt that the plastic was cold. Somebody must've known I was going to wake up soon. I brought it up to my mouth and took a sip. After that one sip, I realized how dry my mouth really was and started chugging it even though I knew I should be taking it in slowly. I couldn't contain myself.

I grinned from satisfaction, my thirst quenched, and a warm feeling in my stomach. I set it back over to the side and leaned into the blankets and pillows, only for the hospital door to slide open, an old little lady stepping in with a cane that looked like a syringe, a pink and white nurses uniform.

I immediately recognized her but didn't bother to greet her. I didn't feel like it and I didn't feel it was necessary either.

"Midoriya Izuku, no? I'm glad that you're awake, but maybe you should get some more rest." She said, pulling a rolling chair up to the side of his bed, a clipboard in her hand. "Use that whiteboard over there to talk. Do not speak, your vocal cords could be severely damaged. I fixed them as best as I could. You will be able to speak in the future, you should thank Ground Zero for that. He managed to salvage your jarred up and contained voice box and vocal cords among all of the ruckus."

I lazily picked up the whiteboard and marker, quickly writing to her with three questions. I'd start it off slow, I had so many things to ask.

"When was I kidnapped and how long has it been? How old am I, my birthday, name, and my family?" I wrote down quickly on the board and practically shoved it up into Recovery Girl's face.

"Ah, ah, ah! Those are a lot of questions that will be answered shortly, but as a hero and as a doctor, I need to know what happened to you first. Do you mind telling me? You don't have to if you're not ready." Recovery Girl asked me. I just looked at her blankly and sighed out. Ready? Of course I was ready, it'd take a lot of time to explain though. I sort of felt a detachment to what happened to me, so it was a lot easier to just blurt it out. I felt no remorse.