74. The Horans

~~October~~

"Fuzz! It’s just rain!" Niall groaned, wrapping his arms around our scared and panic ridden dog. Rain storms are completely dreaded in this house…especially now that we have two wimpy dogs. Dasher wasn’t nearly as bad as Fuzz, but with him yapping on the floor because he couldn’t jump on the bed, it just wouldn’t be fair to leave him to fend for himself.

A loud clap of thunder caused Lucy to scream and squirm from my lap and under the covers. I sighed and looked at Niall helplessly. Maybe this will just be a phase for Lucy. We can’t have herand both dogs running to our room every time there’s a thunderstorm. And Lucy can barely run yet.

"Lucy, love, come out to Mummy." Niall said gently, rubbing his hand down Fuzz’s back. "It’s okay." He pulled the cover down so her face was exposed, absolute terror all over her little face. His eyes met mine again.

“Daddy I think you play a song for her…”

“Aw, Hunter,” he groaned.

“Please?”

He sighed, and I already knew I had him. “Fine.” I gave him a smile before he scooped Fuzz up and carried him as he went to get his guitar. When he can back Lucy’s tears had stopped as all her attention was on ‘daddy’ as he situated Fuzz and himself on the bed again.

“Any requests my dears?”

I rested my head on his shoulder, “Just play something.”

“Yes ma’am,” he smirked. His fingers plucked along the strings, playing nothing in particular, but filling the room with strums and chords. It only took minutes for Lucy to fall asleep. It even seemed like the sound hypnotized the dogs into forgetting about the rain outside, which was thankfully lightening up. As the pattering rain and guitar started to put me to sleep, I noticed Niall started playing I recognisable song.

“I really love that song,” I mumbled.

“Open?” I nodded. “I like it too.” I felt Niall kiss the top of my head right before my eyes closed.

——

——

@NiallOfficial: seducing my queen ;)

I shook my head at my phone. Niall definitely thought our costumes were the best thing since sliced bread, probably because it was all his idea and everything. I will admit though, the prince and princess thing was pretty cute. But of course he had to get people on twitter hyped up by calling me his queen. He’d recently been posting a lot of pictures on twitter and Instagram—mostly of Lucy—because ‘pictures are worth a thousand words’. So I guess a picture of him dipping me and staring into my face was no exception.

But now we’re headed home and I couldn’t wait to sleep off this mini-buzz. Niall’s hand left the wheel and moved to mine. "Tired, babe?" I nodded. "I hope Jinx put Luce to bed already."

"She usually does." I yawn. His hand moved to the back of my neck gently rubbing his thumb in circles. Oh, it felt good.

Before I knew it we were home and hushing Fuzz from his usual loud greeting. “Jinx?” Niall called. She popped her head over the railing as she was making her way down. A wash cloth was held in her hands and the knees of her jeans were wet.

"She had a little spill upstairs on the carpet. I got most of it out.”

"Oh, okay," I said putting my coat in the closet. "Was she alright?"

"Yeah, we had an incident with the toilet paper." She shot a look at Dasher before looking back to me. "Everything was fine though."

"Good," Niall said. "Thanks for watching her." She said it was no problem, before we kissed her goodbye and she left.