25. Birthdays

"And here we have the lovely Hunter Tomlinson with beau Niall Horan!" Giuliana Rancic said excitedly. I gave her a hug and kiss as I walked up to the small stage she was on. Niall was right next to me, his arm slipped around my waist. "Hunter you look wonderful as always. And Niall you too."

"Aw, see?" I said to Niall. "I told you."

 ”He didn’t think he looked good?” Giuliana gasped.

 ”He’s nervous.” I giggled pinching his cheek. He blushed and rolled his eyes.

 ”Well I must say you two look wonderful together. You’re my favorite couple of the night.” I blushed this time. That’s an unbelievable compliment, especially so soon after basically the whole world watched us fucking for three hours. I thanked her and we chatted for a couple more minutes before Niall and I went back to Harry and continued floating down the carpet.

Niall grew slightly impatient with the constant stopping for pictures and decided to entertain himself by making me squirm. He’s discretely tickled me during interviews or whispered something in my ear during a picture. I let him have his fun though, no need to pop the guy’s bubble.

Harry was more comfortable milling along though. He usually went to fashion shows and things like this alone in his free time. Honestly, I thought Harry was just as lonely as Niall was which is why I was so adamant about him and Erin working out. She made him so happy, and that’s what Harry fucking Styles deserves—to be happy with someone. I was suddenly overcome with emotion for him, so I pulled him into a hug that he clearly wasn’t ready for.

He hugged me back though and a couple seconds later I pulled away and told him I loved him (obviously in a friend way). The confusion on his and Niall’s faces was captured by the millions of flashing cameras around us, but I didn’t address it before walking towards the entrance of the building. Oh, Harry.

——

A camera was shoved in mine and Niall and Harry’s faces as we sat, minding our own business during a performance. Niall said something to Harry once it moved away and they both chuckled a little. I asked what was so funny but Niall me not to worry about it.

I rolled my eyes but I secretly loved when they had their cute bromance moments. Niall threw his arm around the back of my chair, clearly forgetting we were at a high-end event and people usually didn’t do that. I didn’t stop him though, and rested my head on his shoulder. Harry chuckled and did the same on his other shoulder and Niall seemed proud to be the center of it. I poked Harry’s cheek and messed with his hair until he leaned away and I had Niall to myself.

"Well I get him on tour," he said sticking his tongue out. "Butt licker."

"You mad, or naw?" I teased. He gave a fake glare before turning back to the stage as a new announcer walked out. The album of the year nominees were being named and suddenly the camera was back, filming Niall and Harry. They clapped politely for everyone else, but when their names were called, big excited grins were flashed to me. I was so happy for them, even though it didn’t seem like a very winnable award for them—especially when it wasn’t fan voted.

"I don’t think we’re going to win." Niall said through his smile. I only shrugged and grabbed his hand, lacing our fingers together.

"You’re still the hottest one here." I said simply. "That’s all that’s important." He gave me a thankful smile for the shitty pep talk. The room went silent as there was a pause for drama. Niall’s hand was sweating and Harry was looking down at his knees in anticipation. I reached across and held his hand too as the sound of the envelope being ripped open echoed through the room.