Chapter 21 - Two Minutes to Midnight

Start from the beginning

From 5.20 - The Devils You Know: In Brady's Office, Brady leaned forward to look into the bowl of blood in front of him, opening his black eyes. "Sir, great news. The vaccine trials? The results have been..."

From 5.20 - The Devils You Know: In the lab, the Demon Janitor injected Doctor 2 in the neck with the syringe. Doctor 2 stood, his eyes bloodshot, looking murderous and rabid like a Croat. Croat!Doctor lunged toward Doctor 1, pulling him away from the door. Blood splattered onto the glass door.

Brady: (voice over from 5.20 - The Devils You Know) "Really quite grotesque. I think you'll be pleased."

From 5.10 - Abandon All Hope...: At William Jasper's Farm's Field, something rose from underneath the ground, unseen.

Lucifer smiled. "Oh, hello, Death."

From 5.20 - The Devils You Know: In the abandoned house, Brady was tied underneath the Devil's Trap with the burlap sack over his head, speaking it through it. "Ness Singer." Ness crossed her arms over her chest. "Mm, even after Lucifer and Death warned you, used your mother against you, you're jumping back in to help your friends." He chuckled. "So fearless. So brave. So stupid."

Ness rolled her eyes.

From 5.20 - The Devils You Know: In the Singer House, Zane looked at Bobby. "We can give you anything you want, Bobby. Up to and including Death's coordinates. All we need is..."

"My soul," Bobby finished.

From 5.20 - The Devils You Know: In the abandoned house, Ness and Sam were sitting across from each other at the table in front of the fireplace.

"Say we can open the cage," Sam told her. But then what? What if you guys lead the Devil to the edge and I jump in It'd be just like when Bobby turned the knife around on himself."

Ness stood, seeming anxious and exasperated, yet calm at the same time, pacing, holding her head. "Son of a bitch."

Sam stood, turning to Ness. "One action. Just one leap."

Ness stopped where she was, lowering her arms to her side, looking at Sam in exasperation. "Are you four trying to kill me?"

From 5.20 - The Devils You Know: In Catty's Mustang, Ness was driving. Sam was in the passenger seat.

"This would be the hardest thing that you would have to do," Ness told him. "You're trying to control Satan himself. But how are you gonna control the Devil when you can't control yourself?" Sam didn't answer. "I hate this idea, Sam. I think it's gonna be the death of you, and I don't want you to go through with it. I know sure as hell that Scar, Dean and Catty wouldn't want you to go through with it. But it's not really up to us, though, is it?"

Sam thought for a moment. "I'll only do it if we all agree, Ness."

NOW

§

Davenport, Iowa

Flash Forward

Night - Serenity Valley Convalescent Nursing Home - Patient Room

A woman was lying in bed, looking toward the door. "Dr. Green, how was your trip?"

Pestilence was the one walking closer, looking completely healthy. "Oh, very productive." He sat next to the woman. "And how are we tonight, Celeste, my favorite patient? The nurse says you can't sleep."