Chapter 3 - Free to Be You and Me

Start from the beginning

From 5.02 - Good God, Y'All!: In Bobby's hospital room, Ness, Catty, Scarlett, Angelos, Dean, Castiel, Bobby, Sam and Octavia stood together.

Octavia didn't show a reaction. "I have to find God."

"The Angels want you to find God to prove your loyalty because they know that you won't be able to do it," Catty told her. "They're jerking you around. Please tel me that you know that, Ava."

Octavia stepped closer to Catty. "Angels have been killed repeatedly since the day you got out of Hell. I considered disobedience. I let you, Los and Cas go, Catty, which is nearly rebelling in some eyes, and I went into the convent to save you and ended up dying for my trouble only to be revived. And the Angels thought that I went into the convent following orders to keep the three of you safe, but honestly, doing what the Angels told me was at the back of my mind. And they think that God revived me because I'm still loyal. Now I have to prove that I am still with them, or I will be put to death. Again. And I did it, all of it, to try to help you stop the beginning of the end, and you failed. You, Scar and Sam destroyed the world." Sam and Scarlett looked down. "And everything is going to end, for nothing. So keep your opinions to yourself." Octavia realized just how rude she was being, sighing in regret. "Catty, Sam, Scar, I'm sorry. I am, okay? I just..."

"You're freaking out because the Angels could kill you again if you don't do what they say, if you fail them again," Sam finished. "You're worried that they could hurt us, too. We get it. And you're right, Ava."

From 5.02 - Good God, Y'All!: In the church's basement, Dean and Ness were leaning against the wall.

"Literally, every time that I needed help, or, hell, just someone to talk to, or to give me advice, you were the one that was there," Dean told her. "I can't repay the favor?"

From 5.02 - Good God, Y'All!: At the mountain rest area, Dean looked at Ness. "How you doing, Ness?"

"Would you believe me if I told you I was okay?" Ness asked. "I mean, it kind of feels... surreal."

From 5.02 - Good God, Y'All!: In Bobby's hospital room, Bobby was in a wheelchair next to the window, wearing a hospital robe and a baseball cap. Ness was leaning against the wall nearby, looking at Bobby in slight guilt, fiddling with her necklace.

Ness: (voice over from 5.02 - Good God, Y'All!) "The only thing I'm not okay with is that my Dad is stuck in a death trap for the rest of his life."

From 5.01 - Sympathy for the Devil: In the motel room, Bobby/Demon's eyes returned to normal. Bobby took control, taking Catty's Knife away from Ness, stabbing himself in the stomach with a non-fatal wound, killing the Demon inside of him, making himself fall to the floor.

Ness: (voice over from 5.02 - Good God, Y'All!) "Because he made another sacrifice to save me."

From 5.02 - Good God, Y'All!: At the mountain rest area, Ness looked at Dean. "I was just sort of reminded that the Apocalypse is only just getting started. If I feel something, I act on it."

Ness pulled Dean into a long, passionate kiss for a long moment. Dean responded instantly, only slightly surprised. Dean watched as Ness' Car drove away, leaving. At their picnic table, Sam, Scarlett and Catty were still sitting across from each other. Dean sat next to Catty.

"I'm in no shape to be hunting," Sam told them. "Neither is Scar. We need to step back, 'cause we're dangerous."

Scarlett looked between Dean and Catty. "And all the two of you do is fight anymore, especially when it's over me and Sammy. Mostly because Dean's being a dick and Catty's trying to stick up for me and Sam."