I'm A Walking Travesty, but I'm Smiling at Everything

Start from the beginning

"Hey, give it back," he said. I cuddled it like a teddy bear and he tried to reach it but couldn't.

"No, Alex. It's five in the morning, just let me sleep and i'll give it back. And why were you recording that anyways?"

"I've got a new blog. A video blog, to be exact," he said. "That and mTV is going to film the British tour, so I figured I'd test you out so you don't flip when they do. Now get up." I shook my head.

"Not unless you carry me, I don't wanna move," I said. He turned around, and I jumped onto his back, making him gasp. Then he carried me over to the couch and set me down next to Zack, then slumped down on the seat next to me. I rolled my eyes and stuck my feet up so they spanned from on Zack's lap to Rian's, and Rian started playing absentmindedly with the laces like a fascinated five year-old.

"Well where am I going to put my feet?" Alex asked sadly. I shrugged and he moved to the other side of the couch and did the same thing, but this time Zack  had ahold of his feet. Poor Zack, Alex's feet probably smelled really bad because they didn't look to good from the angle that I was viewing them, which was straight-on. He gave a freaked out look and took his phone out of his pocket, playing some game with weights. That boy is addicted to working out, I swear.

"You need help, Zack," I said. "Working out on your phone? That's an all new level of crazy, hun."

"For you it is. For me it's perfectly normal," he replied.

"Uh-huh, like how wearing a hoodie for Alex in the middle of summer is normal," I said sarcastically. For the rest of the day until we got to the venue we watched TV and basically lived on our phones or iPods. Then we got to the venue, where multiple genres would be performing. The lineup tonight was Paul McCartney, Green Day, the guys, NeverShoutNever, Owl City, and a couple more bands that I forgot the names of. Oh well. I pulled on a pair of Glamour Kills booty shorts and Alex's old ratty button-up over a black tank top with combat boots, then went to go set up the merch booth with Vinny. I probably looked like a slut, since the button-up went lower than the shorts and the tank was low and I hadn't brushed my hair put instead pulled it back, and instead of putting my contacts in I had on my Buddy Holly-like glasses which made me look like a pure nerd. I didn't really care, though. I was tired and hungry, and just wanted a hug.

"Well you look tired," Vinny said as he put cash from a girl in the box and threw her a rolled-up poster and t-shirt, then sat back down.

"I am. And hungry," I replied, running my hands through my bangs to push them back. He grabbed a bag of goldfish from the bag that was hanging behind his chair and handed it to me, and I started stuffing them in my mouth. "Thanks, Vinny." He nodded and I helped a few more people with their merch before we packed up and headed back to the bus, packing the boxes back under the bus in the extra storage area, then boarded it again. The guys were back, and all had fresh shirts and shorts or swears on. I plopped down on the couch and pulled a blanket over me, kicking off my shoes. The pillow, however, was very unusual.

"Well hello there," A voice said. I opened my eyes and looked up. The pillow was Alex's lap. Lovely. I took my head away and sat up.

"Sorry. I forgot you were there," I said.

"Tired, much?" Rian said as he got a beer from the cooler. I nodded.

"Yeah. I don't know why, but I'm more tired than I have been in my entire life," I said.

"Well why don't you go sleep then? That tends to help a little bit," Alex said.

"I would but I don't want to get up," I whined. Alex sighed and turned around.

"Get on my back," Alex said. I jumped up on his back and he took me to his bunk, then got in and pulled me in. "Oh great. Now I'm trapped in here too." I laughed.

"Nice going, Alex," I said. "Well, thanks for trying." He pulled the bunk shut, and shut the personal bunk lights off. Then he pulled his blankets up on us. Then I remembered how I almost lost him. "I love you, Alex," I said. "And I mean it."  He pulled me closer.

"I love you too babygirl," he said, using an old nickname. I smiled as he kissed my hair and I pulled my glasses off. I closed my eyes, and wasn't able to open them up again, but the smile on my lips remained.

*****************************************************************************************************

"Alex, can we go back now?" I asked, looking up at him. He nodded.

"I'll go see if Mike needs me to do anything else. Why don't you go get something from the vending machine while I'm there, okay?" He handed me two one dollar bills, and I walked out of the room and got a bag of M&M's and a Sprite and walked back in the room. He came back over to me after talking to Mike. "We can go back. But you have to go to bed. It's really late," he said, picking me up and carrying me to the car and making sure I was in the back seat okay. We drove back to the hotel and I saw the clock change from one to one thirty, and heard the rain pounding on the windows. When we reached the hotel, I got back out of the car, jumped down on to the ground, and joined Alex. He checked into the hotel. As we rode up the elevator, it started becoming harder to breathe. I tugged on Alex's shirt.

"What, Heather?" He asked.

"It's hard to breathe," I said. "And I feel like someone's punching my stomach." He picked me up.

"Well maybe it'll quit when we get back to the room and you have some water and some medicine, okay?" I nodded, and coughed. My heart started racing, and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I started to sweat, too, which was weird. He gave me a cup of water and a pill, which I took. I sat on the couch for a few minutes, drinking the water and watching TV. Then he suddenly came back to me and grabbed his keys, and motioned for me to go back outside. "Where are we going?" I asked as we got in the car.

"We're going to the hospital," he answered. "I think you might have asthma." I tried to breathe, and focused on letting air out, which wasn't easy like it should be. "Come on," he said, taking my hand and walking with me into the hospital. I looked around, deciding this was somewhere I didn't want to be.

"How can I help you?"

"I think my sister might have asthma,"  he said. "She's having shortness of breath, and says it's like someone's punching her stomach." The lady nodded.

"Yes, it sounds like she might be having an asthma attack. Go through those doors there and a doctor will help you. How old is she? And how old are you, because you have to be eighteen or older to admit a child to the hospital."

"She's nine, and I'm eighteen" he answered, picking me up again and taking me through the doors. A doctor came up to us, and confirmed that I had an asthma attack, and got me a room. Then they ran some tests and gave me some shots, and told me to stay there for the night. I didn't want to stay there because everything was white and it was so unfamiliar, but Alex stayed too. "I love you babygirl," he said as I was almost asleep, holding my hands.

"Why did you call me that?" I asked, laughing at the funny name.

"Because you're a girl, and you're my baby," he answered.

"Okay. I love you too Alex," I replied. He turned the light off and kissed my forehead, still holding onto my hand.

*********************************************************************************************************

Okay, so this is my last update for the week because I'm going to harp camp for the next week and this is my last chance to update unless I can after I run tomorrow. I just wanted to kind of get some cuteness in there and hope you all don't turn crazy and rebel, just hoping the cuteness works until I can update again. ^_^