Give Me the Meltdown

Author's note: Thanks for taking a chance on this story! Enjoy! (Although, I recommend not reading this right now as it is near the end of the story...)

Climax time kinda....

__________________________

"Yeah, it is."

The pariahs swarmed him, attempting to leech off fear from the poor widower and future victim.

However, Tomas was not budging from his spot and did not do the logical thing he would have once done-avoid conflict and run away.

His choices were either flight or fight in this situation and he decided to stand his ground for once.

Aila would not die in vain.

"What do you want?", he asked the brothers and their affiliates, eyeing them as they circled him like piranhas about to strike.

"Retribution.", one of the brothers, Anatoly, told him.

He uttered, "For what exactly? From where I'm standing, you're the ones that broke into my home tonight." Shrugging the comment off, he caught the tigers by surprise. He would play their game and get under their skin as much as he could. The most that he could do is go down fighting like his wife had done.

Cowardly Tomas was no more; this new Tomas felt the fire of fury in his belly and was gearing up for a brawl with those who had taken his wife hostage.

"That's some tough words for a walking dead guy.", Alexei replied.

"If I'm dead, why am I still talking? You had your shot back then.", Tomas answered sarcastically and grinned, showing off his pearly teeth like nothing in the world troubled him.

It was his biggest bluff yet-inside he was petrified but, he did not let it show on the outside lest the tigers pounce.

Anatoly responded with, "We can do this the easy way or the hard way, mister. Our master wants vengeance for what you did."

"Your Master?", Tomas chuckled, "There is only one Master and let me tell y'all a secret..."

The brothers gathered even closer to Tomas and he held his breath before whispering, "that Russian ain't him."

Anatoly rushed out to give him a blow, but Alexei stopped him mid-way, saying, "We have to rough him up, bro, not kill him. Already, the Master's in trouble for shooting that poor lady who got in the way."

Tomas spit in disgust and added, "Tell your 'Master' to watch himself. The Real Master is onto him and he is going to regret the day he was born."

"I thought you said you weren't part of AoE?", Alexie asked.

"A little white lie never hurt anyone. Now leave this hospital and maybe I won't call the cops and say that their most wanted fugitives are visiting their boss. Maybe.", Tomas postulated.

"You're threatening us now? We're the victims here of..."

"Of what?", Tomas interrupted, "Of being fired because of your petty actions?"

Tomas looked towards the mirror and commented, "Only thing I see in the mirror is a bunch of disgruntled pussycats playing at being gang members. Shooting a pregnant woman, that ought to get you some points in jail which is where you'll all end up after the Master is through with you...if you're lucky."

"I ain't going back to prison!", Anatoly yelled at the top of his lungs.

"That's it, mister! Vengeance is ours! For our Master!", they called out at the same time as all of them rushed at him.

Luckily, Tomas still had one last bullet of information for them to chew on before his adrenaline ran out and fear got the best of him.

"Aww. Isn't this so cute?", he stipulated, pressing his lips together and acting all innocent-like in the face of this situation, causing visible grunts of confusion to be heard from all over the men's bathroom.

"What are you talking about?", one of the other goons said and scratched his head.

"Why are you stopping? We need to give this guy the beating he deserves!", Alexei shouted.

"Your boss just killed my wife and you vagabonds burglarized my apartment. Now, are you sure that you want to add attempted assault and possible homicide to your charges? All for what? To prove to your boss, whom by the way you ran away from and ditched the minute the cops showed up, that you're worthy of being in his crew? Bring your pity party somewhere else.", Tomas stated.

"Pity...Brother, what does he mean by pity?", Alexei inquired from his brother.

"жалость, brother," Anatoly answered.

"You have no right to demean us! Our families will have no food to eat because of your...shenanigans!", Alexei shrieked.

"As if...all you criminals are the same. You'll find another dismal hole to drag yourself and your family into and steal from honest folk to survive. While you're doing that, you'll live in the projects and report zero income to the IRS while making thousands of dollars a year causing people like me to have to take on your burden. The words coming out of your mouth should be you're welcome," Tomas at this point had started ranting to cover up the fact he was slowly inching his way out of the bathroom. Maybe facing his wife's killers hadn't been such a good idea in the first place.

Like the Russian had said, guns wins against hands.

Suddenly, Tomas remembered the quote, 'The pen is mightier than the sword.'

Would brains win over brawn this time? He might as well try it and find out. If it didn't work, at least he could say he tried...if he was still alive, that is.

Anatoly commented, "Face it, you're a weak accountant against the six of us. Just give up and maybe we'll take it easy on you...maybe."

He had turned Tomas's words on him quicker than Tomas could think of a better plan.

Oh well. At least he had tried; didn't they say, "it's the effort that counts?"

Fortunately, one of the goons spoke out of turn and doomed them all.

"The only thing I regret is not having a chance to play with his wife."

Tomas's anger rose up, his fists clenched up and only one thought persisted in his brain-Die.

Out of nowhere, two puddles of red appeared in place of the Ukrainians brothers.

"Wait, what happened? Where are Anatoly and Alexei? Did they leave?", a bewildered minion asked the others present.

An eerie silence permeated the room until one screeched, "He's one of those freaks! Let's go before he tries that on us!"

They ran out of the bathroom as if a dragon was chasing them and did not stop to turn back.

Meanwhile, Tomas stared at his open palms and whispered,

"I killed them."

___________________________

Author's note: Is it just me or did it get all X-Files all of a sudden?

Welp, science-fiction aspect of the story here we come!

And no, I do not condone revenge.