When The Heartache Ends

Thanks for reading and adding it to your reading list, friend. Enjoy!

Author's note:  Cue the Wedding March!

_____________________________

"I take you, Aila MacWhillan to be my wife. I promise before God and these witnesses to be your faithful husband, to share with you in plenty and in want, in joy and in sorrow, in sickness and in health, to forgive and strengthen you, and to join with you so that together we may serve God and others as long as we both shall live."

Tomas smiled at Aila, staring into her eyes and thinking of how Aila had healed his heart and the fact he would never let her go.

It had a been a long 3 months, but it was all worth it to see Aila in all her splendor.

Lacy ruffles marked her dress, white ribbons and waves of fabric encircled his view of his precious angel. Her hair had been done up in waves and she grinned back at him with shiny pearly teeth.

Her magnificent brilliance was blinding him from anything else, but her.

"Ahem? The rings?", the priest asked.

"Oh, right. Here it is," Tomas presented a tiny silver ring with a diamond in the center. It had cost him two grand, however, it could have been 100 grand to please the sweet, kind lady of his heart.

After the reverend had blessed them, Tomas sneaked a kiss on Aila's forehead. Aila enjoyed his peck, but wished it had been on the lips instead, so as soon as the dismissal was announced, she grabbed his face and puckered up.

His kiss was as gentle as a taste of chocolate. She lost herself in the sensation and remembered to breathe when he pulled out and winked.

"I'm married!", Aila cried to all who had attended the service. Running down the aisle, she reached the church doors and thrust them open.

"Tomas!", she shouted back.

"Coming!", he answered, annoyed that they had not walked down the aisle together traditionally as husband and wife. His spouse clearly could not wait to go to the reception planned for them at a hotel not far from here.

"The limo...isn't...here...yet," he gasped, out of breath from trying to keep up with her.

"We can walk," she remarked.

"Aren't you forgetting something?", he asked.

"What?"

He pointed towards the bouquet in her hand and realizing she was meant to throw it to the crowd of single girls, pitched it towards their heads causing all of them to duck save one, a young girl called Anna.

She had been introduced as a distant cousin from Germany, the daughter of the Master by another woman. Red flames protruded from her hair and a smirk accompanied the fact that she alone had caught the flowers in her hands.

Turning away from the church, Tomas was dragged by his infamous spouse from the scene.

"The limo's arrived! Get in!", she ordered.

"Yes, ma'am," he said in jest.

After a short ride, they arrived at the hotel to a marvelous banquet laid out for them.

"Brother! You're finally here!", Alexander slapped Tomas's back.

Tomas instinctively rubbed the aching spot where his brother had touched him and greeted him.

"And now I get to call you Mr. and Mrs. Althaus Rodrigues, right?", his brother inquired.

"Around here, if someone is going to take someone's name, it will be Tomas. How does MacWhillan sound, darling?", she faced him head on and Tomas swallowed. Her gaze was impenetrable. He only hoped that he would not be this uncomfortable the rest of the night.

"Wonderful," he retorted.

"My, my. A forward thinker. I like her."

Great. His nemesis had just showed up in the nick of time. Hopefully, she would not ruin their night in revenge for what happened last time.

Accidentally spilling soda on a dress at Christmastime apparently means the start of World War 3. Who knew? He prayed to God she might leave them in peace and have mercy today of all days. Aila did not deserve the type of behavior Lauren liked to dish out on those she deemed lesser than her. He sometimes thought of her as a predator and those who disagreed with her, her prey.

"Congratulations! Aila. Tomas. I wish you the very best and hope that your marriage, like ours, is a happy one."

Wow. He did not expect that.

"Brother, sit down. I have to make the toast."

"Alright." Tomas and Aila sat down together at a table in front of the spacious room and waited until Alexander clinked his class and stood up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are here to celebrate the union of these two very extraordinary people, my brother and his wife."

The guests clapped politely and quieted down to hear the rest of the speech.

"I never thought I would be here, saying these words before my brother. He told at my wedding that I never wished to get married when I was a kid, but it was a year ago he advised to not get married. Fortunately, his countenance has changed. It all started when he met Aila. Always a recluse and last-picked for any sport, he now participates in a choir, went on daring escapades and even...", pausing for dramatic effect, "went outside willingly, I know right?"

"Growing up, I have always felt a need to protect my younger brother from the world, harsh world as it is. After our parents died, we developed two different ways of coping-I began a laid-back lifestyle while he spent time inside studying for one thing or another. Going to college, I feared he would never interact with reality 'til he met Aila. She is the yin to his yang-together they balance each other out and create harmony in the world. Their love can be seen for miles around and I know in my heart that Tomas does not need me to look out for him anymore. I wish him and Aila many joyous years of matrimony. Thank you for being the best baby brother I could ever ask for."

Tomas reached out as the crowd roared and told him, "You're welcome."

________________________________

Author's note: THE END!

Just joking, but seriously I warn you if you want fluff, this is the last chapter of fluff in the story...ever. The action finally picks up and if you keep reading, you're all in for a wild ride of feels.