65

The week had gone by in a flash, and today was Friday, which also meant it was the day of the school dance

Prior to the event as Somi had promised, she helped Yuna find a dress. It was a long dark blue dress with silver accents. Yuna felt as if the dress was made for her because it fit so perfectly.

The two girls were currently both at Yuna's house getting ready for prom. They had both done their hair, nails and makeup specially for the event. Yuna had just finished her makeup, and walked into her room looking at Somi for approval.

"OH MY GOD! YUNA YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL! Wow! JIHOON IS GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN HE SEES YOU!"

Yuna felt her face heat up a little at Somi's words. Part of her was actually hoping Jihoon would have a heart attack, or at least be impressed when he saw her.

"It's all thanks to you! You look beautiful as well" Yuna said humbly. She wasn't lying. Somi looked amazing as always. She was wearing a pretty pink dress with white heels. Her hair was done perfectly as usual, and her makeup was the same.

She looked so perfect that Yuna couldn't help but stare enviously, but her gaze diverted when she heard the doorbell ring.

"Oh that must be Samuel!" Somi yelled excitedly while getting up from her seat on the bed. "Do you want to leave with us or are you waiting on Jihoon?" Somi asked as she began to make her way out of the room.

"Thanks for offering, but jihoon said he would pick me up here. So I guess I'm waiting" Yuna answered with a smile as she followed Somi downstairs.

"Okay, don't be too late" Somi turned back at Yuna with a smile and Yuna whispered a quiet "I won't" in reply.

"And Somi have fun but not too much fun" Yuna joked with a playful wink. Somi looked disgusted, and quickly turned around to open the door.

"You're gross!" She yelled playfully before taking a step outside. Samuel was there to greet her with a single rose. Yuna found herself smiling brightly as Somi took the rose from him. Somi looked back towards Yuna and waved one last time before closing the door behind her.

Yuna was hoping Jihoon would do something like that for her as well. The thought of him showing up with flowers or a corsage made her heart melt.

After Somi left, Yuna took a seat on the couch, and decided to waste some time by watching a drama. About 30 minutes had past, and Jihoon still hadn't arrived to pick her up, so Yuna decided to text him to see where he was.

Yuna:
Hey where are you?

Yuna:
Are you almost here???

Jihoon didn't reply instantly like he usually did, so she guessed he was probably just on his way.

"He'll be here soon" she told herself as she turned her attention back to the tv.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Yuna, honey" Yuna opened her eyes to see that she was laying on the couch.  She assumed she must have just fallen asleep. Her mom was standing in front of her, with a confused look on her face.

"Honey what are you still doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at the dance?" her mother asked.

"He hasn't come yet" Yuna answered referring to Jihoon. She thought maybe he was just running a little late and he would show up in a few minutes.

"Sweetie look at the time, it started three hours ago." Yuna picked up her phone from beside her and looked at the time. To her surprise it was already 10:30 and the dance had started at 7.

"Oh" she found herself saying with a sigh. She instantly began to assumed that he didn't want to go with her anymore. In fact he never really wanted to go to prom in the first place, so she thought he probably decided to just stay home. She wished he would have told her instead of just not showing up.

The more she thought about it, the angrier she became. She had wasted her time and Somi's time finding a dress and doing her hair and makeup just to get stood up and not even go to the event. She wasn't just angry, she was sad. Once again she had gotten her hopes up thinking about what she could have experienced with Jihoon but never got the chance to.

Coincidently the doorbell began to ring and she had a feeling she knew who it was. Her intuition was right because when she opened the door Jihoon was standing there with an apologetic look.

"Yuna I'm so sorry I-" he began to speak frantically but she quickly cut him off by saying "Whatever".

She was annoyed and didn't care about his apology. He continued to tell her how sorry he was, but Yuna simply walked away in annoyance.

"You're not angry are you?" He said as he followed her into the living room. His hand was tightly wrapped around her wrist, and he had turned her so she was facing him.

She laughed a little at his question. Of course she was angry. It should have been evident from the look on her face and how hostile she was being towards him.

"Yes I'm angry! If you didn't want to go then you shouldn't have agreed to be my date! Do you know how long it took me and Somi to find a dress and do my hair and makeup! And I waited for over three hours for you to come!" She finally snapped at him.

"Yuna something came up. There was a last minute schedule and I wish I could've gotten out of it sooner but I couldn't. You can ask any of the other guys if you don't believe me. I really wanted to go to the dance with you".

"Oh" was all she could say. She always forgot that Jihoon was an idol and he had other obligations. It didn't cross her mind that something could have came up in his schedule.

"Please don't be sad...I'm really sorry" he says as he quickly pulled her into a hug. She was suddenly filled with guilt. She felt bad for yelling at him and being rude when he had no control over his schedule.

"I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions...I should have known it had something to do with your work" she said before moving away from him and showing him an apologetic look.

"It's fine. Let me make it up to you...let's go get some ice cream or something" he suggested. She was confused as to why he was the one making it up to her, when it should have been the other way around however she couldn't say no to the ice cream.

"Okay" she agreed and the two made their way outside.

Authors note:
Only 10 chapters left ☹️
The next chapter is the one we've all been waiting for 😉