40

Jihoon's POV

It was Friday afternoon and we had just gotten released from school. As soon as I got out, I practically ran to Yunas house. Yuna skipped school today and according to Woojin she had left the school crying yesterday. I had spent the whole day worrying about wether she was okay or not, and who I would have to fight for hurting her.

When I arrived at her house, I rang the bell and eagerly waited for it to open. After waiting for a few seconds, Yunas mom had came and opened the door.

"Oh good afternoon mam" I said with an awkward bow. I was expecting to see Yuna at the door but I guess it did kind of make sense for her mom to answer since she wasn't feeling well.

"Park Jihoon?" She questioned as she looked me up and down and I nodded in response. I had met Yuna's mom was during the first year of middle school. She was  really nice and she always made it her duty to overfeed me. She claimed "I looked better chubby", and whenever Yuna and I would hang out she'd invite me to their family dinners.

"I didn't know you and Yuna were still friends" she exclaimed as she invited me into the house.

"Oh we started hanging out again recently" I explained as I gazed around the house looking for Yuna however she didn't appear to be downstairs.

Yunas mom must have noticed because she said "Well she's upstairs, she hasn't left her room all day. I went up there and she just started crying...maybe you can get through to her". I quickly thanked her before running upstairs and opening the door to her room.

Yuna was laying on her bed, her eyes tightly shut and I was able to tell that she was sleeping. I didn't want to wake her, so I guess I would just have to come back another time. I turned around an quietly began to exit her room, when I heard her softly calling out to me.

"Jihoon?"

I quickly turned around to now see that she was trying to sit up. "Yuna, sorry I woke you" I said with an apologetic frown.

"Oh it's fine...what are you doing here?"

"I heard you left crying yesterday and I just wanted to make sure you were okay" I explained.

As soon as I finished my sentence she had erupted into tears. I was a bit taken aback due to the fact that I'd never seen Yuna cry, and it had just happened so suddenly.

I walked over to her and sat on her bed,before pulling her into a tight hug. "It's okay" I cooed as I gently began to pat her back. She buried her face into my grey sweater and loud muffled sobs began to fill the room. "It's not okay, Jihoon" I heard her say as her body began to tremble lightly and she clung to me even tighter.

"What happened...what is it?" I asked gently but she didn't answer she just began to cry even more.

We had spent over two hours like that. I had just held her tightly in my arms but she wouldn't stop crying. I got the idea that maybe singing to her might calm her down so I started singing the first thing that came to my head, which happened to be "The Manual" by Eddy Kim. To my surprise it did help, and she somehow regained her composure. She then suddenly moved away from me just a little and began to wipe away her tears.

"Do you think I'm pretty?" she asked with a low monotoned voice as she looked directly at me. That was probably the last thing I expected her to say.

"W-what? Why would you ask that?" I asked honestly shocked by her sudden question.

"I overheard Somi calling me ugly and fake yesterday, and I believe her. There's also this guy, I like him, and I know he thinks I'm ugly as well. I mean he's said it so many times and yet... " she said slowly as a few tears began to roll down her cheeks again.