Chapter 18

Three weeks later.

Amal's P.O.V

My phone started to ring, I let out a yawn and picked it up from the table. I looked down at my phone to see who it was.

Zabdiel's mum. I let out another sigh and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Amal, I'm ringing to check up on how Cyrus is today."She spoke over the phone. "How is he mija?"

I looked at Cyrus. "He's doing well, things have improved very well. He's coming home today."

"Aw carino, I'm so happy that he's improved very well."She said with a soft chuckle."Our prayers are still with him."

"Yeah, I'm just really glad that things are working out."

"And they should, how are you? Have you been eating right?"She asked over the phone, Chris and Royce walked in with a subway bag and sat down on the chairs on the right side of Cyrus.

They grinned at me as they unfolded their subways and left mine on the table. I pulled a look at them telling them that I didn't want to eat. "Yeah I'm fine, I'm eating well."

"That's a big fat lie!"Chris yelled for Naomi to here.

"Is that Chris? Have you not been eating well?"

"The doctor has come now and I've gotta go."I quickly said as I glared at Chris. "I'll talk to you later."

"We are going to talk about this."Naomi said over the phone. "Give him a kiss from me bye."

I quickly hung up and looked at Chris. "Seriously?"

"But it's true, you haven't been eating properly at all."Chris said as he looked at me. "You haven't been looking after yourself."

I let out a groan of frustration. "I know you mean well but please don't do all of that right now."

"Why do you always do this for?"Royce asked as he raised his eyebrow. "Always shut us down when we care?"

"She's done it from a young age to be honest."Chris added as he looked at Royce. "It's always been that."

"You do know I'm standing right here don't you?"I asked as I put my hands on my hip. "Don't hold anything back."

Royce let out a sigh and looked at me. "We care that's why, if we didn't care so you think we would be like this?"

I chose to ignore that and started to fold up Cyrus's clothes and put them away in the duffle bag. I packed everything else away in the other duffle bag.

Royce and Chris were muttering things, to be honest I didn't bother to listen in because for some weird reason I just stopped caring.

Richard walked in with a smile plastered on his face with the car seat holding with his hand. "Are we ready to take him home?"

I nodded. "Yeah we are."

Richard looked at the subway on the table and looked at the simse twins talking and eating away then looked at me. "Why haven't you ate your food?"

"I'll eat when I get home."I said as I looked at Richard. "I just want to get home right now."

"If you don't Amal, I will shove the food down your throat."Richard said sternly as he looked at me.

"Yeah I know."I said as I rolled my eyes then looked at him. "Where's your friend?"

"He's with Joel, he's coming."Richard said as he looked at me. "He isn't going to stay at the house is he?"