Chapter 12

"I promise you it's going to be okay."Maluma said as he looked at me.

"Please don't promise things that you can't keep."

Maluma squeezed my thumb and looked into my eyes. "Have I ever broken a promise to you?"

"N-No you haven't."

"Then I promise you on this that he's going to be okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

The ambulance stopped, the doors flung open to see one of the paramedics there and grabbed a hold of one end of the stretcher and the other one grabbed the other end.

Then they pushed it out and quickly rushed into the hospital, me and Maluma running beside them then stopped at the two doors.

The nurse looked at me. "You can't go in there."

"B-But I have to, he's needs his m-mum in there with him."

She threw a look to Maluma, he wrapped his arms around my waist as I looked at the nurse. She looked at me then walked away.

I turned around to Maluma and looked at him, tears streamed down my face. "This is all my fault."

"No it isn't."He said as he pulled me into a hug. "You didn't do anything wrong did you?"

"I did, I'm his mother. I should of kept an eye on him."

"You did, you had the monitor and everything."Maluma said as he looked at me. "There's only so much you can do and these things just happen."

"I can't do this anymore, it's always me haven't you seen it?"

"When people leave, it means you are destined for something more then them."

"Mal, just don't leave me."I said as I looked at him. "Please don't."

"And I'll never will."

He wiped my tears away with his thumbs then we hugged again, we were told to go and wait in the waiting room.

I sat down on the chair and looked at all the things around me, so much thoughts filling up in my mind.

I should of done something more, I should of kept more of an eye on him.

Anouk ran into the waiting room and she looked at me for a few seconds then walked over to me and threw her arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug.

She pulled away from the hug after a few seconds and looked at me. "I'm so sorry."She said as her eyes brimmed with tears.

I looked at her, my lip trembled then the door opened to see Royce stood there he looked at me for a brief second then looked at Maluma.

Maluma looked at me. "I'll be back." Then him and Royce left the waiting room.

Anouk sat down by me, she took a hold of my hand and gave it a little squeeze. "Whatever it is, I'm here for you and him."

I looked at Anouk. "It's all my fault, Anouk I'm the worse mother ever."

Anouk let out a sigh and looked at me. "Me and you both know it isn't your fault so stop blaming yourself."

"It is, if I did something more li-"

Anouk cut me off and looked at me. "What more could of you done eh? Tell me please because I don't see anything nor do Maluma or Royce or even the doctors."Anouk said as she looked at me. "So don't blame yourself for something you haven't done."

"I want my baby boy back."I said as I looked at her, tears coming down my face like Niagara Falls.

Anouk wrapped her arm around me and pulled me closer to her, she let out a sniff. "Whatever happens, he'll always be your baby boy."

"I can't lose him, I've already lost too much."

"You won't."

Maluma walked back in with Royce behind him. Maluma looked at me. "Doctors haven't come in yet have they?"

"No they haven't."Anouk replied as she looked at him with a look.

He nodded at her then looked at me. "Do you want me to tell Sebastian to come down here?"

"Y-Yeah."

"I'll go give him a call now."Royce said with a nod then left the waiting room leaving us three in there.

-

Sebastian looked at me, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. It was different to the others, it felt more.

He pulled away from the hug, his hand rested on the side of my head. "He's going to be alright."He said as he looked at me. "Because he has your blood running through him."

"Thank you for everything these past month."I said as I looked Sebastian, tears trickled down my face. "It means a lot."

"I'm here for you and him always."He said as he looked at me. "You don't need to thank me for it."

"Why don't you have something to eat at least?"Maluma asked as he handed me a sandwich.

Sebastian took a step back and looked at me. "What good are you going to be to him if you don't look after yourself?"

I looked at the sandwich and let out a sigh, I sat down on the chair and opened its package as Sebastian sat down next to me.

I took a bite out of my sandwich, it was just me, Anouk, Maluma and Sebastian in the room. For some weird reason, Royce couldn't bring himself to sit down with us in the room.

"It's been two hours now."Anouk said as she let out a sigh. "You would think they would have some sort of news."

Then the doctor walked in, he looked at us and let out a sigh. "Here for Cyrus Alec de Jesus?"

"Yeah."Sebastian answered for us all.

He looked at the clipboard in front of him then looked at us. "He's in need of a kidney transplant, he's on the machine at the moment and its vital that he has it less than 48 hours."He explained as he looked at us. "He had a clot in his stomach as well, we managed to get that out but without the kidney we don't know if he's going to make it."

My sandwich dropped to the floor, I looked at the doctor my eyes brimmed with more tears. "A k-kidney transplant?"

He nodded. "I'd advise you to call the family to get to test for it."

"Y-Yeah we will b-but isn't there a t-transplant list?"Anouk asked as she looked at him.

"Yeah there is, as we are speaking he's going to be put at the top."The doctor said with a nod.

"Well can we see him?"Sebastian asked as he looked at the doctor.

"Yeah you can."The doctor replied. "But not many people at a time."

I nodded, then me and Sebastian got up and followed the doctor to the room. I walked in to see my baby hooked up to machines, his eyes closed.

"He's attached to a breathing machine too."The doctor said with a sigh. "He needs the kidney as fast as it can be."

I was going to fall onto the floor but Sebastian wrapped his arms around my torso to keep me balanced.

I didn't know what to do or say, I looked at Sebastian he moved his arms away and I walked out of the room and stood outside.

Tears streamed down my face, this is all my fault.

"Amal?"