Chapter 15

Few hour later.

"I'll call you all if something happens."I said as I looked at them. "Go and have rest."

"Are you sure you don't need us here right now?"Anouk asked as she bit her lip not wanting to leave.

"I'm sure, what can we do? We just have to sit here and wait."I replied as I looked at her. "And you've got lives, you can't stop it because of me."

Richard nodded. "Whatever happens, call us even the slightest thing."

"I know, don't worry about it."I said then me and Richard hugged.

I pulled away from the hug and Joel looked at me, he pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry."He whispered as he held a little longer in the hug.

He pulled away from the hug, his eyes brimmed with tears and he took a hold of my hand. "Everything is going to work out."

I nodded, I looked down at his hand for a second then looked up at him. "Thank you Joelito."

"Anytime."He said with a smile but a tear trickled down his cheek.

"We better be going now."Amal said as she looked at me. "You are going to be okay aren't you?"

"Yes."

Me and Anouk hugged then pulled away from the hug then Richard, Anouk and Joel left; before them, Maluma and Chris took Royce out to figure out what's wrong with him.

I sat down on the chair and looks up at the clock in front of me on the wall, it was now 4:50pm and the operation is going to take four hours and it was already an hour in.

Zabdiel's foot tapped against the floor as he looked down at his hands, I wanted him to hug me and comfort me where as the other half of me wanted to hit him.

But we just seen our son go under and Erick at the same time, I let out a sigh thinking about what I saw an hour ago.

He looked up and looked at me. "Amal?"

I took a deep breath in then let it out, I looked up. "Yeah?"

"Did you ever read that letter I left behind for you?"Zabdiel asked as he looked at me. "The one on Cyrus's crib?"

"What letter?"

"I left a letter the night be-before I left."He replied as he let out a sigh. "Just by Cyrus's crib."

"I don't know, I've never seen or heard about it before."

"I'm so sorry about this all, you dealing with all of this and looking after Cyrus all alone with no help."He said as he looked at me. "Just so much is going on and I can't explain it to you at all because if I do I-" He cut himself off.

"People don't live on bread nor do I live on excuses."

"Okay, I derseve that but can we just try? Another go?"Zabdiel asked, his expression on his face softened. "Just us three to be a family again?"

"Save the bones for someone else who'll take them."

"Yeah I derseve that as well, I broke you and you didn't need that."

"You derseve a lot of things don't you? More than what I'm saying?"I said as I looked at him dead in the eye. "You can't break something which is already broken."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Just go Zabdiel, after this just leave because you are going to leave again like always."

"I'll never forgive myself for that, I never will because I left something amazing for something ever so little. I missed you and Cyrus so much."Zabdiel said as he got up and walked over to me. "My heart yearns for it and it wants you and no one else, you don't know how much you mean to me."

My eyes brimmed with tears as I looked at him. "I don't know anymore what to do, I loved you but I don't anymore because how do I not know you'll walk out of that door again? Leave us?"

"I won't."

"You are saying all this now?"

"What is it? Your heart yearns for someone else? Sebastian?"Zabdiel asked as he looked at me. "I've seen the way you look at him and talk to him, you've already gave your heart away from him didn't you?"

"Well everyone has gave something away haven't they? Everyone is a whore because they've sold something haven't they? Just in my case, I sold my heart to you hoping you would piece it together but it's still left broken."

"It's a sale I regret."I whispered as a tear trickled down my face.

Zabdiel let out a sigh and sat down next to me. "I don't regret you or Cyrus because you are one of the greatest things that have happened. The only thing I regret is that I never honoured your worth."

"You did for a certain amount of time."

He took a hold of my hand and gave it a squeeze. "I still love you and want you."

I just looked at him, his touch was like sparks going off butterflies in my stomach and summersalts happening. The door flung open to see Royce stood there. He looked at me. "Amal? A word please."

I quickly got up and moved my hand away, I walked out of the room and looked at Royce. "Are you okay?"

He looked at me, he took a hold of my hand and his finger stroked against my palm. "He'll love you today but he'll hurt you tomorrow."

"I jus-st do-"

I cut myself off, my eyes brimmed with tears as I looked at him. He let out a sigh. "Don't, he hurt you once and he'll hurt you again."

"I-I won't."

-

I looked at Erick, his eyes were closed and he was hooked up two machines. I smiled as I looked at him.

The doctor walked in, with scrubs still on with a smile on his face. "Everything is going well, they are just patching up Cyrus now."

"So he gave the kidney?"Chris asked as he looked at him.

The doctor nodded. "Yeah he did, we just have to keep an eye on the both of them."

"Thank you!"

He nodded then left, I looked at Chris and we hugged. I pulled away from the hug. "They are actually going to be okay."

"I told you everything was going to be okay didn't I?"Chris said with a soft chuckle.

His eyes looked into mine, me getting lost into his eyes forgetting how it easy was to do that. His lips came a little close but I took a step back.

"We can't, I'm not going to do this."I said as I looked at him. "We are going to be friends."

Chris nodded. "Friends it is."

Amal and Chris are 'friends' now? Her and Zabdiel? Together or not?

Hope you enjoyed it

Besos x