fluffy seven (part one)

Star Wars AU

Dave held the training saber firmly in his hands, a proud grin nestled between his cheeks. (Y/N) stood next to him, and Force, was she stunning today.

Her hair was pulled back in an elaborate system of braids and twists and plaits, all meeting in a formal bun on the crown of her head. She was in a brand new set of robes just as Dave was. He couldn't help but glance over every few seconds, noticing every time her new glow of pride and accomplishment.

Luke Skywalker was facing them silently. Two sheathed lightsabers hung from his belt. Dave and (Y/N) had designed and built them just a few weeks ago, each one of them finding a crystal color suited quite well to them. (Y/N)'s was a dark, hauntingly beautiful blue, while Dave's was a rarer, eviler color.

When hunting for crystals, Dave had been drawn by the Force to a naturally red crystal. Usually, red crystals were synthetically manufactured to symbolize power and fear- the Dark side, but Dave had found one of maybe a handful scattered around the universe. At first, Luke had been terrified, going so far as to forbid him from practicing the Force for nearly two months. (Y/N) had argued on Dave's behalf, and was the key reason Luke let go of all suspicions and saw the expanse of endless Light within Dave.

Luke presented Dave with his straight, contemporary lightsaber. It was a simple design of straight unblemished silver with only a necessary hand guard and leathery black grip. Dave took it gladly, trading Luke his Padawan saber.

Next, Luke moved over to stand in front of (Y/N). He looked at her the way all fathers look at their daughters: loving, protective, and fearful. (Y/N) was finally a powerful Jedi with Skywalker blood, all grown up and ready to take on the world.
He finally passed over her ornate, lightweight lightsaber after moments of silent conversation between the two.

(Y/N) took the carved gold handle in her hands so gently as if she thought it would break. There was a calming, swirling pattern of leaves and flowers engraved into the surface. She tensed as she turned it upright, preparing to unsheathe the deadly blade.

It lit with such burning intensity that Dave had to take a step away. The dark blue cast a harrowing glow over (Y/N)'s face, instilling a stronger fear in Dave than he had every felt before. His best friend looked... Dark.

(Y/N) dismissed the sparkling plasma almost as quickly a it had erupted. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, and doubled over, clutching at her head.

"Dad?" (Y/N) cried, but Luke was already at her side. He pulled her swiftly into his lap and tilted her head backwards.

Dave stood by, frozen, as her father brushed the hair out of her face to check her eyes. Her usual (e/c) glittering irises were storming in a wild rage. Her pupils were void of Light, as if the once pure, infinite bounds of it had been stripped away, leaving only the Dark.

"(Y/N)?" Dave let out a strained whisper.

She turned to look at him, a spark of Light   erupting as she saw him.

"Dave?"

And then Dave was at her side, and Luke transferred (Y/N) to Dave. The Jedi Master saw his daughter look up at his student, and he knew that she was no longer a child he could protect; she was in love with him.

"(Y/N), talk to me. Tell me what's wrong," Dave insisted. His red eyes darted along her body to make sure she wasn't physically injured, and they finally reached her (e/c) ones.

"I'm just cold," she whispered quietly, closing her eyes. Dave frowned, knowing she was lying.

Instead of bugging her, Dave heaved her upright in his arms and held on tight. He shot a hidden glance over at Luke with such panic in his eyes that Luke had to recompose himself.

But, Luke had gotten the message.

(Y/N) was lying.

FIRST OF ALL IF YOU LIKED THIS FLUFF PLEASE VOTE AND/OR COMMENT.

please read all the words:
there will be a few more parts to this one, because i like it, and because i love star wars so much it makes me want to keep writing.

i've hit a bump, like i've said before.  either i can't get the right words out of my head, or everything i write feels not good enough. so here it is, i hope you enjoyed.

maddie

ps ya'll the guy i like liked me too so we're dating now! follow your dreams, face your fears, and love unconditionally, love you all