fluffy four

Hey guys! Madds here. •3•
I haven't had any inspiration lately. I make time to write, and then suddenly, I don't want to write.
BUT
since I'm gonna force myself to write, it's gonna be something that
I have interest in:

shipping myself with fictional characters.

(yes, I'll get to requests after this I swear)

also, ps,  i didn't reread this chapter.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADEAU,
AUTHOR X DIRK

Maddie is nineteen, Dirk is twenty two. Maddie's college tuition was completely paid for by the government since her father was deployed for a span of time and is majoring in literature. She is taking classes online and writing her novel in spare time, all the while working at a library.

Dirk is works building robots or computers or some techy shit. He never went to college because of having to care of Dave. Other than working 4 days a week, Dirk mostly stays at home and cooks for Maddie and himself.

I was sitting on the couch with my laptop in front me. I was typing away, too busy in my college essay to hear Dirk come through the front door. Pidge, our Australian Shepherd-Collie mix, bolted over to him. I peeked over the top of the couch, noticing Dirk taking off his coat.

"Hey, girl," he cooed as he ruffled Pidge's fur.

I hopped wildly over the top of the couch and jumped into Dirk's arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist. He pushed the dog away and spun me towards the door, pushing my back up against the solid wood. We stayed silent for a few moments. I began to feel myself grow dizzy as I gazed into his gorgeous orange irises. Waves of helplessness, warmth, and nerves crashed over me. His strong arms seemed to be the only thing keeping me from keeling over.

Suddenly, his lips crashed onto mine, and every millimeter of my body seems to melt into his, dissolving like watercolor into paper. Dirk wrapped his hands underneath my thighs as if he could pull me impossibly closer. My own were tangled in his blonde hair with no intentions of moving anytime soon. His kiss seemed to take my breath away and return it at the exact same time. Every time we kissed, it was different, yet the same. It was like he found a billion new ways to press his lips to mine, but still knew exactly how to make me so weak that I could barely kiss back.

Dirk removed his mouth from my own, leaving a trail of kisses across my jaw and down my neck. I threw my head back as his mouth latched onto my bare shoulder. When I breathed out, no air escaped my lungs; I was completely breathless.

"I... m-missed... you," I managed. I wasn't even sure he could hear me.

His mouth left my skin, the cold air pricking at every spot he touched. "I was thinking at work today," Dirk said. His hot breath billowed across my neck.

"Oh, yeah?"

He smiled. "How do you feel about kids?" Dirk inquired. "I know that we've been married for just a little more than a year, but I can't wait to start a family with you."

I was shocked, completely blown away. Was I ready for kids? I've never been ready for anything, but I have Dirk, now. "I think kids would be a great idea."

Dirk beamed. "Can we name one Dirk Jr.?"

"No."

"How about Han Solo?"

"No."