Chapter 17

Reader-chan's POV

You woke up with Dave beside you, his breathing slow and steady as he slept. You looked up at where his deep red eyes hid. After all of this blows by, you're going to make sure that you draw him with those red eyes. You've only previously done black and white sketches because when you color in your magnificent sketches, they always end up looking crappy because of the stupid colored pencils and markers.

You got up, knowing it was Sunday. You're not going to go to the detention- Kanaya said that it'd only make it worse. So really, you won't be able to go back to school. Maybe I should just turn myself it.

But what about Dave? You'll probably be forced to travel half way across the country, and then you'll be in a stupid new school and have to find stupid new friends. In fact, the only friend you had was Dave, and then you had acquaintances, all whom you met through Dave. So really, you would rather not find any friends at all.

You gently rolled out of bed, doing your best not to disturb Davey-poo. He stirred, but only threw his arm over his head and rolled onto his side.

You smelled muffins and cookies downstairs. As you stepped down the carpet steps, you realized that it was neither muffins not cookies, but rather Muffies. You loved muffies- especially breakfast muffies. They had a squished down center that was filled with cool whip and any fruit you wanted. {My own making, originally done with pancake-cupcakes.}

"Good morning, (Y/N), dear, can I interest you in-"

"YESSSSSSSSS!" You jumped down the last few steps, causing a startled sounding 'IMUP! IMUP!' from Dave upstairs. You snatched a plate from Kanaya and began to fill it with different Muffies- some apple pie filling, some raspberry, some kiwi. They were all very good.

You shoved them into your mouth.

"Didn't I go over house rules?" Kanaya asked thoughtfully as she bit into a mandarin orange muffie.

You nodded.

"And so you know that while you are staying here, Dave is not allowed over for late night sleepovers?"

You almost threw up. "Kanaya! No! I mean yes I know that,
but no! We didn't! I promise!"

"Mhmm, well I expect it to not happen again," she said, rather pointedly. "And if it never does, make sure you use protection."

You almost threw up. Again. A good amount of muffies were still on your plate, so you sat there for a bit, waiting for the trash can to rise from his sleep. When he didn't come down, you cleared your throat. "DAVE ELIZABETH STRIDER GET YOUR DAMN FUCKING ASS DOWN HERE!"

That got him moving. He came hurtling down the stairs, blonde hair sticking up every which way. His shades were on crooked, and his shirt was pulled up high on his waist. You huffed and stood up, walking over to the mess of a Dave. You fixed him up, then pointed to the plate of muffies.

"Eat them!" You ordered sternly. "They shall not go to waste!"

"A lot of that happened last night, I'm sure." Kanaya was red faced and laughing, trying to keep her motherly tone in her voice.

"What happened last night?" Dave asked looking between me and Kanaya.

You were shaking your head when there was a knock on the door. It was insistent, and clearly impatient, judging by the large number of knocks.

"Are you two expecting anyone?" Kanaya questioned the two of us.

We both shook our heads. The mystery peoples knocked again. Kanaya ran to open the door. She opened the door. Behind it were the men and women that had been outside of your frick frackin fucking house.

You stood so fucking still, that you were probably not breathing. How did they find you? You reached backwards for something steady and found Dave's hand. He gave it a squeeze and raised one arm up to his mouth. He held a finger against his lips, telling you to be silent. Too late for that, you shitty ass. You already are.

You took a step towards the space behind the wall on your left. Unfortunately, the fucking shitty floorboard creaked and you grimaced. One of the women poked her head into the door and shouted, "She's here! She's here! Right there!"

You didn't move and neither did Dave. Both of you knew that it would only look bad in court if you ran.

"Dave-"

"I love you," he said feebly as they all came in and made sure that you were still in one piece as if you'd have fallen apart during these past 3 years.

"I love you, too." You were ushered away, but you didn't want Dave to leave your side. And he didn't want to leave your side either. His hand was outstretched as was yours. Fingertips brushed, but that's all you could muster. Curse your fucking shitty short arms.

Curse this fucking shitty life.

And curse this fucking shitty world.

Yay! CLIMAX HAS BEEN REACHED AND THE END IS NEAR! Do not worry though, my bbs. I shall begin writing another, and I already have some of the plot thought out. YOURE WELCOME BBS I LOVE YOU ALL SU MUCH AND GOG BLESS YOU ALL.