Chapter 28

Dave's POV

Dirk had picked me up from the school and took me back home, not daring to say a word as I climbed in the car. But, Dirk being Dirk, let me get comfortable, thinking I was going to be off the hook, then BAM!

"Explain to me why I am not at work right now. Explain to me why I had to get excused from work to come pick you up. Explain to me why I am taking you home right now." His voice was queit and muted, which isn't normal.

I sniffed. "I'm sick."

Dirk slammed on the brakes and pulled up to the curb. I swallowed and looked out then window.

"That's bullshit, Dave, and you know it." Dirk turned off the car, pulling the keys out and sliding them in his jeans pocket.

I huffed loudly.

Dirk tapped his long fingers on the steering wheel. "We're not leaving until you give me a good reason, and if you can't give me one in the next fifteen minutes, then I'm taking you back to school."

"It's (Y/N)..." I told him. I pulled off my shades and set them in the cup holder. I was crying, and I couldn't wipe them away with my glasses on- I'd scratch the lenses.

"Why are you thinking about her? It's not like she's here!" Dirk rubbed his temples in circles.

I shook my head and gulped. "N-no..."

"She's here? What the hell?" Dirk gaped. "Did she come here to meet you?"

I shook my head again. My cheeks stung from constantly wiping them with my sleeves. "T-The... H-her fost-ster parents... they l-live here."

"And you saw her at school?"

I nodded.

"What did you do? What did she do?"

I mumbled my response under my breath.

He asked again. "What happened?"

"I kissed her," I said, a little louder.

"And?"

"And nothing," I spat, filling with anger. "She doesn't want me
anymore."

Dirk was silent for awhile. He ran his right hand through his spiked hair and mumbled something under his breath. "Look, Dave, I understand where she's coming from. I mean, you were the one to call it off."

"I know."

"But I'm sorry. I'm sorry I harassed you the way I did," Dirk apologized.

"I'm sorry that I made you get out off work..." I worked my hands together as I looked out of the window.

"You're still going to have to see her tomorrow, you know." Dirk started the car again.

"I know..."

"And I know she said she didn't want to be with you, but that doesn't mean she won't in the future. You could start over." Dirk stopped at a red light.

I was silent.

Maybe we could start over.

Reader's POV

You sat in the front of Mrs. Shaw's classroom contemplating over    Dave. Your headphones were in and you were listening to Hold onto Me by Mayday Parade.

He had been the one to break up with you- or at least he had suggested it.

Had you been the one in the wrong?

No, he hadn't been honest with you...

But you didn't accept him for who he was...

And you judged him by his past...

Maybe you should give him another chance...

Maybe you should apologize.

"(Y/N)? Are you not feeling well?" Mrs. Shaw tapped her fingers on your desk.

"N-no, I'm fine," you answered, softly. "Just thinking..."

"Are you sure?" She lowered her voice and kneeled down in front of you.

"Yeah, I'm sure." You nodded your head.

Everyone else had left the classroom and you were left sitting at your desk. Mrs. Shaw was looking up at you, her kind eyes worried.

You stood up from your desk, thanked her, and left. The hall was almost empty, considering that lunch was in session and all of the other grades were in class.

You walked to lunch, but as you passed the bathroom, you stopped.
You looked at wooden push door and stared.

Pushing it open, you found that it was also empty. You went to the last stall, opened the door, and sat down on the floor. You rested your head against the white tile wall and pushed your hair out of your face.

Your stomach growled, but you were to sick to eat at the moment. You couldn't swallow any food even if you wanted to.

You had screwed up.

When the bell rang, you hauled yourself of off the floor. You exited the bathroom and lowered your head trying to draw as little attention to yourself as possible.

You went to the rest of your classes, but didn't pay very much attention. Your mind was on Dave.

When you made it home, you ate your dinner, did your homework, then went to bed.

Tomorrow, you were going to apologize to Dave.

Lazy chapter. Good chapter? Hope you enjoyed