Chapter 3

You pulled out your water colors and went at it. The brush in your hand felt natural and meaningful. It fit perfectly in your grip as you guided the tip across the page. Soon enough, there was a beautiful picture of Dave at his turntables that he had described to you over pesterchum.

Your computer beeped at you, letting you know someone was pestering you.

--turntechGodhead [TG] began pestering chumHandle [CH] at 17:04

TG: sup

CH: working on your painting

TG: cool beans bought your phone

CH: done

TG: should I come over???

CH: wow, way to invite yourself over

CH: yeah, here's da address...

You gave him your address and he left.

--turntechGodhead [TG] ceased pestering chumHandle [CH] at 17:34

You put the finishing touches and details on your painting then realized you should probably change. You were wearing your paint covered t-shirt and pajama shorts.

Knock knock.

Too late. You ran to the door and opened it, to find Dave holding an iPhone 6 box.

"You didn't-" you started.

"I did," Dave insisted. "Fair trade: a beautiful painting for a phone."

You blushed. "Come in," you insisted.

Your house wasn't much, but with the money left over from your mom being an author and your dad a scientist, you bought a small home. The rooms were nicely put together and laid out. Everything was either gray, white, (F/C), (F/C2), and (F/C3). Those were your favorite colors, and they all went well together.

"Wow, this is a nice place," Dave breathed and ran his hands through his platinum hair.

"Well, I guess," you mumbled. "Come on, now. The painting is in my room."
•------•
Le time skip brought to you by Aradia, Maid of Time. ;)
•------•

"I guess I'm 'a fucking cool DJ', huh." Dave studied the painting.

"What?" You eyed him oddly.

"I asked for a 'fucking cool DJ'. You painted me." Dave's voice was gentle and soft.

"I guess I did." You felt yourself blushing again.

"Anyway, here's your phone," He said, handing you a box.

"Thanks, Dave."

"Anytime, (Y/N.)"

Sorry shortish chapter. Been scrambling for plot before the romance finally breaks loose. Thanks for reading!