Chapter 18

Reader's POV

"How did you find me?" You asked them. For like, the one millionth time.

"You know what? Fine. We'll tell you," said the tall man that was driving. He must've been in charge.

"Really?" *internal fist pump celebration*

"No."

Damn.

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"No!"

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

"Shut up, you little nuisance!" He threw a hand back in your direction. Fortunately, you ducked. "All you've done is make my job a living hell!"

You stayed quiet, looking out the tinted windows.

Dave would've stuck up for you. He would've punched the man. You just didn't have the energy. You just wanted to sleep.

And sleep you did.

WAKE UP YOU SLEEPY ASS! GET UP!

Yo.

You're awake now.

Okay.

You woke up when the car hit a bump. Causing you to hit your head on the window.

"Where are we?" You mumbled sleepily. "Where are we going?"

The woman that was in the passenger's seat spoke this time. The man just gave her a glare. "We're taking you to your new foster home."

You let that sink in. Foster home.

You thought about possible parents.

Possible parents:
Scientists
Teachers
Newlyweds
...

Nah you're too lazy.

Out the window, again you looked. You were in a city, maybeh Chicago? No. Too small for that, but definitely big enough for that area. Madison? Possibly.

You spotted a neon glowy sign. It read, Milwaukee Beer Brewer's Company.

Man you're good.

Milwaukee is a city in Wisconsin. You knew that much.

Man. You just overestimated yourself there.

Rawr.

Okay back to the story.

You looked for anymore signs. You gathered the words: Racine, Oak, Wisconsin, Rhinelander, Creek, Kenosha, Milwaukee.

And at last- a green sign with white lettering:

Welcome to Oak Creek, Wisconsin.
Population: 35,008

...

+1

...

You were so far away from <state>. You must've driven forever! {Okay, guys, I know it's not ethical to drive like 10,000 miles in 3-4 hours, but just pretend you lived in Illinois or Minnesota or something before.}

And Dave!

Oh, damn.

How long would a long distance relationship last?

He'd probably just find another no one and make her feel like someone.

No. Dave's not like that.

He wouldn't ever leave you for another girl...

Would he?

No.

...

After entering Oak Creek, it only took a few minutes to arrive at your new house. It was on maybe 3 or 4 acres of land. When you saw it, you didn't really believe your eyes.

It was huge. Two stories, gigantic garage, long and wide frame. You already knew two possible family options:

Rich family type a-
-always working
-doesn't care much for their children
-pushovers

rich family type B-
-mostly always working
-adores their children
-fantasizes over their children
-pushovers

Your future certainly looked bright.

*cries*

Dave's POV

I watched as (Y/N) was torn away from me. They placed her in the car, the tinted windows hiding her beautiful face from me. There was nothing I could do.

They rolled the car away, but I wasn't really sure where they were going to take her. The police station? A temporary foster home? An orphanage? I felt Kanaya's hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered.

I just nodded in response.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" Kanaya offered.

"Nah. I'll call Bro."

...

Ten minutes later, Bro arrived at Kanaya's house in the red Corvette that we had both saved up years for. On the outside, it was beautiful. On the inside, not so much. I often had problems with it and it broke down every now and then.

Bro was silent as we drove, which I found kind of nagging. Come on, Dirk, I need a distraction.

As if he had heard my message, Bro said, "So."

"So, what?" I mumbled.

"I got a job offer."

I huffed.

"We're moving."

"Well, I'd have been upset, but now I can't be, because (Y/N)'s gone," I mumbled.

Good gog. Now he and (Y/N) were going to be even further apart.

"We're moving..."
...

CLIFFHANGAHHHHHH
And im too lazy and tired right now to even remotely care about grammar or spelling or punctuation or word count. im done.

here.

and yes.

i know that my craft and writing is not up to the notch it normally is

but its emotional this way

more heartbreaking

and im done

so

tired