Chapter 13

You and Dave were sitting at your house on the couch just talking; it might be your last weekend together, after all.

"Where do you think they'll take me?" You asked him.

Dave had his glasses off and his hair was a mess. "Probably to a nearby foster home. But that's only if someone wants to take you in."

"Aren't Sollux's family looking for a kid?" You looked up at Dave who suddenly seemed to have a bright idea.

"Do you think that you could live with me?" Dave smiled brightly.

Oh, Dave. "I dunno, I mean, is Dirk up for that? And even if he is... social services might not think that your house is a proper home for kids..." You trailed off and he lifted you onto his lap, straddling his hips with your legs. You laid your head on his chest, giving him a sad smile.

"We'll just have to do a little bit of cleaning. And I know that Bro would be fine with it. He doesn't really care much anyway." Dave pecked the too of your head. "Though, I will have to warn you, Bro can get a little drunk every once in a while."

You gave a small laugh. "He can't be that bad. So, I guess we get to clean today?"

"I guess so," he smiled.

---•---

You pushed the vacuum across the living room floor, giggling your ass off as Dave danced around furniture. You had turned on High School Musical 2 for some odd reason and were both singing at the top of your lungs. You'd get complaints from the neighbors tonight, no doubt. {We all know that we would gladly still watch this movie when we're home alone. 😂}

"Take my hand! Together we will celebrate!" You guys sang.

Dave jumped over the couch and held out his hands. You let go of the vacuum and took the offer. He swung you around, every once in awhile picking you up by the hips. To your surprise, Dave was a fantastic dancer. He spun you and twirled you until you literally fell on the floor due to dizziness. Dave flopped down onto the floor next to you and suddenly began laughing.

"What's so funny?" you asked him lightly, rolling over so your head was on his chest.

"You!" He laughed and you could feel his chest shake with each laugh.

"Me? Why am I so funny?" You slapped him on the arm.

"You're just so kawaii!" Dave's red eyes went wide and he blushed. "I- I mean-"

You gasped. "How do you know that word? Does Dave Strider, the king of cool, watch Anime?"

Dave looked away and pushed his shaggy platinum hair out of his face. "Well- I- uh..."

"You do!" You screamed, standing up to dance around the living room. "DAVE WATCHES ANIME! WHICH ONE'S YOUR FAVORITE? DO YOU WATCH FAIRY TAIL? OR OR GURREN LAGANN? OR KILL LA KILL? OOOH OOOH SWORD ART ONLINE? NARUTO?"

The other Strider popped his head out of the hallway. "Did I hear someone say Gurren Lagann?"

That's when you realized whose Bro's shades and hair reminded you of, who was also nicknamed 'Bro.'  {This is my own made up headcanon, but it's most likely where Hussie got the character design for Dirk.}

"DAVE YOUR BROTHER IS SO COOL! LIKE, HE'S LIKE A REAL LIFE KAMINA AND I JUST!" You threw your hands in the air and ran over to the tall man. Wrapping your arms around him, you squeezed him as hard as you could. You probably looked like a kindergartner compared to Bro.

Dave facepalmed, while Dirk gave a kiddish smile. "I approve, Dave. She's good. Don't go dumping this one."

"Bro," Dave groaned. "Not cool."

"What, you want a hug, too?" You let go of Dirk, and ran over to Dave. You jumped at him and wrapped your legs around his waist and arms around his neck. Like a koala hug. :3

"You are kawaii." Dave's comment was muffled by your arms squeezing him.

Here guys :3 Some kawaii feels. Reader-chan sure is adorable. Hope you enjoyed the happy ship feels! Thanks you so so much for reading guys!

Love,
Cookie

Prepare yourselves.
😈