Chapter 20

-- made an edit guys, sorry if it gives you double notificaions if you already read this chapter --
Happy Birthday to Dave! Love you bb!

You skipped every other stair. The carpet tickled the bottom of your bare feet, making you smile and giggle a bit.

Gog this house is affecting you already. Or maybe it's the dress... Or you could also just be happy from talking to Dave.

You turned to your left and found yourself in the dining room. The plates were set, and wonderful smelling food was scattered among the platters. Your mouth began to water.

"Oh, dear." Condie walked into the dining room, her heels clicking against the floor. Damn you hated that noise. CLICK CLICK CLICKITY GOD KILL ME CLICKITY NOW. "Chin up! Shoulders back! Eyes forward, never down!"

As if she was controlling you, you did all those things immediately.

"Much better." Condie- no, she's mom now.

wait

nope

there aint no way in hell

that this woman will ever be

your mother

"The meal looks wonderful," you offered politely.

"Thank you, dear, I cooked it myself," she beamed.

I doubt that.

Just then, Dooley arrived and sat at the head of the table. "Thanks, Condie, honey. It smells exquisite."

I'm not sure that the word was used correctly...

You sat down in one of the seats to the left. You knew that normally a wife sits to the left hand of her husband when he's at the head of a table.

Wait. How did you know that?

You didn't really care, but just wanted to stuff your face full of food. You were so hungry. Your stomach grumbled as you served yourself a bowl of sticky rice with sweet orange ginger chicken and crunchy water chesnuts. To complement the ensemble, Condie had steamed corn kernels and green beans which were mixed throughout the sticky rice.

You gingerly took a small spoonful and almost cried when it reached your mouth. Gog, it was like heaven in your mouth. The orange ginger sauce on the chicken was the best part, and you found yourself asking Condie for more.

"So, (Y/N), first things first: ice breaker questions. Favorite color, favorite number, favorite food, favorite school subject." Condie folded her hands over the table.

You answered easily. "(f/c), (favorite number), (favorite food- obviously apple juice right), and art." [I need art for the subject for the plot, but comment your other answers if you please] You felt your phone buzz in your boot. Dave must be texting you. You told him you had to eat dinner, so why is he texting you still?

"Would you rather learn at a private school, public school, or with a tutor?" This question was multiple choice! Yay!

You contemplated for a moment. "Tutor." This meant that you didn't have to be social and could learn at your own pace.

"Do you have any previous relationships or friendships?"

You nodded right away. They'd find out eventually. "A boyfriend. He lives back in (old state home)."

Condie almost looked apologetic. "What makes happiest in the world?"

"My boyfriend." The words rolled right off of your tongue. It was instinct, an automatic answer. Your phone buzzed multiple times in a row, then stopped.

Condie and Dooley smiled. Maybe they weren't so bad after all.

DAVE'S POV

My fingers fumbled over the screen on my phone as I tried to get ahold of (Y/N). She wasn't answering her phone! I mean, I know she's at dinner, but seriously, I've texted her at least 20 times.

Dirk was a mess. He was drunk again, and not doing well. His girlfriend had broken up with him. Smashed beer bottles littered the floor.

"Dirk! Stop it!" I yelled as he smashed yet another bottle, this one on the kitchen table.

I certainly wasn't going to call the cops. I wouldn't live with myself after. I couldn't be offensive, because then Dirk might hurt himself- or me.

(Y/N) might have known what to do, but I couldn't get her to answer.

"Bro, just take a nap."

"I don't wanna take a nap!" He screamed. I wasn't going to call the police but the neighbors might.

"Stop with the beer. You've had at least seven by now, and have wasted the other thirteen. We also have to drive tomorrow."

"Why don't you drive? Go pick up (Y/N) or something!"

That left a whole in my heart. I missed her so bad. "Well if I could, I would!"

I went and locked myself in my room, watching my phone. It didn't turn on, didn't vibrate. It was still. Silent.

Come on, (Y/N).

The Dirk thing is an excuse.

I want to see you.

I want to talk.

I know we just did talk but I miss you already.

I miss you.

-
Yay! Happy birthday to all of you with birthdays in December! I know that 0DaveyStrider0 is one of them! Luv u all! Have a great 123! Dave loves you too! (But he loves me more. If you say otherwise I will cancel the book here and now.)