Zee BoS Fest

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." _Ronald Reagan

"Jade!" I groaned, "Get her off of me!" I tried to push Iyla off. I looked at Jaden who rolled his eyes and continued to eat, I turned my head to Roxie and Layne who whispered into each other's ears, giggled, then went to their phones. I was thinking of telling Grayson, but I remembered he was with his betch girlfriend. "Iy! Get off!"

"Come on Iyla, get off your cousin," Jaden tugged on Iyla's shirt. She pouted and rolled down, got up then plopped her feet on me. Jaden laughed, "I didn't think that would actually work. I'm going to get myself a drink, you guys want anything?"

"I'll text you," Layne waved his phone.

I stood up and wobbled towards Jaden, "I want to come with." he gave me his hand and I took it.

"Jade," two messages popped up on my screen, "Layne and Roxie want water, Iy, some cok-nevermind, pretzels." Jaden picked out two cups and a pretzel bag, I looked through the cabinets getting a mug and wondered to the tea.

A book was sitting on the edge of the counter, and a string was dangling in between the pages. I opened the book to the page of the string, it came from a bookmark beautifully designed and laminated.

"This is pretty," I turned it over and there were words on the back that read "To Mom From Jaden and Dad" in bubbles letters. "That's really sweet."

Jaden smiled and picked it from my hands, "Yeah, this was the first bookmark I've ever made, probably when I was six. My dad did most of it if I remember properly the only good thing I actually did was braid the string."

"It's just too cute, I want something like this," I dropped the giant hint. Before he could answer the microwave went off, and we just had to go upstairs.

"Hey guys?" I randomly thought aloud when we entered the room.

"What?" Lane looked up at me.

"We should totally go to that BoS fair next weekend," I suggested, "You know the Beginning of Summer one."

"Sorry can't, family stuff," Layne apologized. A text popped on my screen from Iyla, "Me neither".

"You didn't have to text me, we are in the same room. Too bad you guys can't go though. Anyone else?" Two new messages arrived on my phone, an "I can go" from Jaden, and "I'm available" from Roxie. "Oh my gosh! Stop texting me!"

"Ding!" the doorbell rang. I didn't really feel like going to the door so I let my dad get it. I heard a grunt coming from my dad and I saw Cole. I still don't understand how my dad isn't fond of Cole yet.

Cole walked over to me, "Why aren't you dressed yet?" I pulled a blanket over my body to hide my messy look.

Without my parents looking at us, Cole scooped me up in his arms and started to carry me up the stairs with the blanket and all. Cole plopped me on my bed, to be honest, I didn't even know if it was my bed. I popped my head out and I was in my room.

"I need to be dressed for something?" My question made Cole sigh, he took out his phone and started to scroll through stuff. Once he found whatever he was searching for, Cole showed me his phone. There was a text from me that said, "We r gonna go to the BoS Fest, I don't take no for an answer." I stared at it for a couple of seconds, trying to figure out why he showed me an old text. "Oh my gosh! That's today!" I rushed out of my bed and into my closet, "Wait for me I'll be out soon!"

I came out, grabbed Cole's hand and rushed to the car. I hopped into the passenger seat and started to do my hair. I felt something touch my shoulder and Cole was not in the car, I screamed getting out of the car as quickly as possible. There was a ton of laughter coming from the car right when I got out.