Help Me?

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem." _Albert Einstein

I was walking down the school halls with Jaden by my side, and around the corner was Roxie Fay, probably texting someone. She and I have a lot in common; she introduces people to this school. When I say she introduces people to the school, I mean that she also helps out the people in the office along with me, although she is in the other homeroom. She has ash blonde hair, piercing electric blue eyes, and a pair of cat-eyed glasses - a rectangular shape matched with a dark gray color. She didn't look like the nerdy type, she just wore glasses, but she was a complete study freak. 

"Hey Roxie," I called out. "Ready to get out of this prison?"

I think Roxie was nervous, or something because she seemed like she wanted to hide behind her phone, but she hid it quickly. "Totally, can't wait to exit this hell hole. Hey Jaden."

"Hi Roxie," Jaden responded.

"You two know each other?" I quickly thought about how the two would know each other. It took me a while to figure it out, but I got it eventually. Same homeroom.

Jaden and I waved to Roxie and she waved back before we left. Jaden looked at Roxie one more time. When he turned around, Jaden had this confused look on his face.

"Hey, Sterlling!" Layne called out to me on my way out to the exit.

"Yes?" I questioned.

"Can you do me a favor?" I looked at him waiting to be told what to do. "Do you mind going on a date with me tomorrow night?" Layne looked at me expectantly but then waved his hands in front of his face. "You don't have to decide right now, you can make your decision later then tell me." At this moment in time, this was the shyest I've seen Layne.

I giggled at his cuteness, "You don't have to worry, I already have my answer," there was a slight emotion of worry in his eyes once I said that. "It's a yes," I smiled at him. I turned around, and waved, "Pick me up at five."

Twenty seconds later I get a text from Layne, How about a lunch date instead?

I didn't mind, Sure :), I responded and smiled.

Jaden was about to get off the bus, but I pulled the collar of his shirt so he wouldn't leave.

He scoffed when he turned towards me, "Hey! What was that for?"

"We aren't getting off at this stop, we're getting off on the one closer to your house," I patted his head as if he were a little kid.

The bus ride was only five more minutes, but it seemed forever since Jaden kept trying to annoy me for the whole ride. Once we got off, we walked for a minute which slowly a minute turned into torture because of the guy I call my friend! Jaden opened the door to his house and pulled me inside. Jaden went away for awhile for god knows what reason. On a shelf nearby, there was a photo of a woman, a younger version of Jaden, and a guy that looked like an older version of him with a similar silver chain around his neck.

I heard footsteps coming closer and who I thought to be Jaden happened to be the principal, "Mrs. Beckett!"

She smiled, "That's his father, the other one in the photo you were holding. He died when Jaden was young, around the age of 10, although I'll still consider Jaden as my little boy as long as he lives." Mrs. Beckett shook her head, "Enough about him, so you are the one Jaden has been telling me about, Ms. Blair?"

So the one in the picture was his father, I knew I shouldn't talk about it, I laughed, "Mrs. Beckett, you make it sound like he likes me, we are just friends."