Mr. Myers

"Happy times come and go, but memories stay forever."

Monday, nothing was wrong with it, except the fact that it was right after a weekend. I started to think of Iyla, wondering how she was doing, and if I would ever see her again.

My mom called me to come down to greet some people for the party. Today was the Christmas Family Gathering and this time a couple of my cousins from out of town were moving to the other house next to mine. Also this year Grayson was coming to the party.

I went downstairs to see Grayson and his parents.

"Sweetie, say hi to Grayson and his parents," my mom instructed.

"GOLDIE!!!!" I ran all the way towards Grayson hugging him tightly, while he tried to hug back (but I gave him the Death Hug). I let go once he looked like he was going to die, and I turned to his chuckling parents. His mom looked so young for her age, black ebony eyes, tan skin, and leather black-brown hair. His dad had coal black eyes, and black liquor hair that was a bit longer than average.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Goldie's parents." They laughed again, letting the two of us go upstairs to play.

A couple minutes later, my mom called me again. When I went down, I saw two people and a kid maybe two years younger than me, which my mom told me were my aunt and uncle and cousins. My aunt was gorgeous, with shiny hazelnut eyes & silky creamy blonde hair. My uncle had dark brown eyes, but not close enough to say it looked like black, with bronde blonde hair, a chiseled face, and flashy features, which were not a mustache and beard. My cousin looked like a little version of both her parents. After the little hello's, I was supposed to play with their daughter, but I didn't see anyone but the two-year-old. I thought they had another little kid like me since I didn't see anyone, I thought they wanted me to play with their two-year-old daughter.

They called out a name and a girl with brown eyes with a tint of green, white blonde hair close to her mother's, and about my age, slowly walked out from behind her parents. I was quite surprised they had another daughter, I put out my hand to her, signaling for her to take it. The girl grabbed my hand, and I led her to my room upstairs.

"What's your name?" I asked the girl on the way to my room.

"It's Iy-la," emphasizing the Iy, and pausing before the la. "What's yours."

"Umm, mine is Ster-lli-ing," I tried to pronounce my name like how Iyla did it, but she had a bit of sass to it.

"Huh?" she looked at me like I was crazy, and in my mind, I'm wondering why she was thinking I'm crazy, I tried to pronounce it the same way she did.

"It's Sterlling,"

"Oh. Ok Li"

Now I looked at her like she was crazy, "Li?''

She crossed her arms, acting a smidge bit bossy and a whole lot sassy, "Yes Li. And you have to call me Iy. And before you ask why, it's because I said so." With that, she crossed her arms and followed me the rest of the way up.

I just shrugged and nodded, opening the door to my room. Grayson jumped from behind the door and tackled us to the ground. He started laughing like crazy, and Iyla and I joined in on the fun and started a pillow fight.

I was in biology, 5th period, right before lunch. This week, we would finally be able to get partners, although that could be a bad thing. On the first week of school, we just got a taste of the subject, and went over lab safety, as if we haven't already learned it.

Our teacher, Mrs. Jong, started to speak, "Ok, for your partners have been randomly selected. You will only have your partner until the end of the semester." She called out people, and they started to sit next to each other. "Ms. Blair and Mr. Myers, table 5."

A boy with very dark brown eyes, short black hair with brown tips and a sweet smile greeted me, "Layne, nice to meet ya."

"Sterlling, and you as well," taking his hand in return.

During science, we worked together on some questions assigned by Mrs. Jong. Homework was basically the same thing. Layne was walking with me to the cafeteria, telling me lame jokes, and I was laughing because they were so lame. Layne was so nice, and really smart, and so cute. Like he shows the side of a person where they aren't too gooey sweet, or too cocky, more like a "the boy next door" kind of guy. Of course, I'm not one who is too quick to judge someone by their cover, by a first look or meeting, I'll get to know him sooner or later. I've seen him around, but I've never really talked to him that much. Then again I barely notice anyone, I just know everyone's face and name. Not very friendly am I.

I saw Jaden in line for the cafeteria food, which I personally think is absolutely disgusting, but I eat it anyways. He's talking to some of the jocks at our school, whom will be the school football players once the season starts, which I think were Peyton, Derik, and Kaylem. Well, at least I think that's them. I have no idea; I only met them once.

"So I'll see you later then," Layne brought my attention back to him.

"Yeah. Here's my number, call me so we can finish our homework," I give him a slip of paper and leave Layne with a quick wave.

I walked over to where I usually eat, out in the back courtyard, and no, I am not going to eat the cardboard tasting pieces of food. Jaden soon came with the cardboard food, and a grin plastered across his stupid little face. Just kidding - he doesn't have a stupid face, a cute one actually; he just says a bunch of stupid things, has this dumb look on his face, but most of the time, he looks normal. Well as normal as normal could be for him.

"So, Star," he slid closer to me on the other side of the table, "who was that guy you were talking to?"

"Oh, that was Layne. He is my partner in biology, and I'm pretty sure he's in some of my other classes," I answered looking at Jaden with no expression.

"So that's why he looked so familiar. He's Layne Myers from my English class," Jaden remembered. "If he's your science partner, does that mean I'll be seeing him at your place tonight?"

A text popped up on my phone from Layne, "Should I come over or you. Or we can just call."

Jaden looked at me for a response, "See Star, even Layne wants to know the answer to my question."