Officially a tutor

"Never regret anything that made you smile." _Mark Twain

With his new car, Jaden drove Iyla, Grayson, and me to school. Lucky for me, I got to show Grayson around the school, although he is a senior and I'm a junior. As for Iyla, she gets to have Roxie as her guide. Since it's a new semester, Layne and I have two more classes with each other, some with Roxie, only one with Jaden, three with Iyla, and I have no classes with Grayson because he is a senior.

Even though I was supposed to show Grayson around, we spent our time catching up with the quick, "This is the (some random subject) room" every now and then. So much of the day was spent with Grayson, and throughout all of it, I wished it would never end. Yet, of course, it would end eventually and I wished that time would never come.

Melenie strutted down the hall where we were walking, "Well, well, the Princess is here. Who's the one next to you?" She linked her arms with Grayson, looking smitten into his eyes.

Grayson tried to push Melenie off without forcing any pain onto her, "I'm Grayson White, and you are?"

"Aww, Sterlling, you didn't tell him about me," Melenie pouted, "Well, that can be arranged; I'm Melenie Gabel. One of the most popular people in this school." She put her hand on her heart, obviously proud of her popularity. I didn't want to break the truth to her that the only reason she was famous amongst the people of this school is that she was best friends with Nadene.

Grayson tried to walk away, but Melanie clung to his arm like a muscle, "That's nice."

"Ooh, we should totally hang out sometime, just the two of us," Melanie slipped a piece of paper into Grayson's hand, winked at him, then finally left.

"Sorry about Melenie, Goldie." He discarded the paper into the nearest trash can. "I don't know why she randomly has her phone number written down. She is also too naive to figure out when a guy doesn't like her."

"Or maybe it was because she might have seen me and was like, 'Omg he is like so freakin hot! I should give him my number!'" Grayson started imitating a valley girl voice.

I giggled, "Haha, very funny, Goldie."

He winked at me, "Only for you Silver." Then started to walk ahead of me, as if he knew where he was going.

The bell obnoxiously cut into Mr. Oakley's lecture during math. "You have been dismissed. Ms. Blair, I would like you to see me before your next class."

I nodded and swallowed my saliva; I've now been called in after class, and I have certainly never done anything wrong. Iyla and Roxie were in the same class as me, but they quickly left; the last I saw of them were thumbs up from outside the classroom.

There was so much going on in my mind, an explosion might have happened before I reached Mr Oakley's desk, "You wanted to see me."

Instead of looking at me, he looked up at the clock, "Yes, yes. Now, where is that boy!"

Only a minute later, the door slowly opened and a boy, who I've never seen in any of my classes, but did seem very familiar, popped into the room, "Yes, Mr. Oakley?"

"You are finally here," Mr. Oakley picked up a folder off the top his desk. "Mr. Kent, this has been your last test." The Mr. Kent guy gritted his teeth when he saw the results of the test. "You need to raise your score if you want to graduate and continue to play football." Now I remember, who Mr. Oakley calls Mr. Kent, was the star quarterback of our school's winning football team, Cole Kent, a senior.

Cole looked so worried; it was obvious football would be his life, "What could I do? Should I get a tutor?"

Mr. Oakley got up from his seat and started to walk around the room, "Yes, Mr. Kent, I have assigned you a tutor." He pointed to me, and Cole finally realized I was also in the same room as him. "The next test is in two weeks. If you can get higher than a D, you can go back to being the quarterback." Mr. Oakley left the room, leaving the two of us.

"You're Sterlling Blair, right?" Cole asked me.

I wanted to be sure of his name, "Cole Kent, right?" He nodded. 

To be honest, I didn't want to talk to him anymore, "Why don't we meet up after school? My next class is going to start any moment." Like Mr. Oakley, I was the one that left Cole in the room, alone.

Throughout the entire day, Iyla and Roxie have been asking me what happened with Mr. Oakley. I couldn't really say that he told me I was in trouble since what happened was more between Cole and Mr. Oakley. Plus, this has all been a surprise to me. Sure I take a lot of AP classes, I never thought that it would be taking more than a senior. I only have a year before I become a senior.

As fast as time normally flies, today has been one of the quickest. Right away it was time to meet up with Cole. Cole was sitting on the steps of the entrance waiting for me. Once he saw me he waved for me to come over. At that moment, Roxie and Iyla were walking with me and they began to tease me.

"Hey! Sterlling!" Cole called out and started to run towards me. "You want to go to the library?" I nodded. "You don't have a car, do you? I wouldn't want to leave the car at the school."

I smiled, "No I carpool, but thank you." 

Cole opened the passenger door of the car. I never thought that he would be this sweet, especially to a person a year younger than him helping him with math.

The car ride was really awkward, there was nothing really to talk about. Only until we reached the library the tension died down. Helping him with math wasn't as hard as I thought, it was actually kind of fun. He made a cute little face whenever he understood a concept, and he has this big smile on once he answered something right that made me smile.

We completed one section and decided to go out to eat afterward. From that dinner with him, I learned that he actually wanted to be a pro football player, but also wants to study African history. He sort of ranted to me about how he might not be the best on the team, he certainly tries his hardest to become a wonderful athlete. He's been interested in African history since his grandfather brought him to Africa when he was little. Going to various of places in the sub-Sahara. Cole said only half a year later his Grandfather died of a heart attack.

I personally thought that I was the only one who listens well, but it seems I wasn't. Cole actually remembered that I told him I didn't have a car with me he took me home. Cole was way sweeter than what I expected. Rumors say that he is really aggressive, doesn't even smile, and that he wants to be the quarterback so badly, that he threatened the last one. Of course, the last rumor isn't true, the QB was a great friend of mine. He just graduated and Cole became the next QB. The not smiling part is just too fake, but the aggressiveness is something unsolved.

Of course, when I got home, my mom was very suspicious. The only thing I told her though was that I was officially a tutor.