Chapter 15

Agatha pov

"I can't believe it!" I squeal and hug my dad. We watch on as Sascha waves to the crowd. He just won his first ATP500!

My dad looks at me with a slight smile, not moving or saying a word.

"Dad? Are you okay?" I become puzzled.

"Everything is amazing. I'm just a proud father right now" he smiles.

I chuckle. "Dad, you just met him over the weekend. You already consider Sascha a son?"

I laughs at my confusion. "No. I got you into tennis when you were a little girl. This was our sport and now you are traveling the world writing about the sport we love and bonded over. We are watching a top ten player who I can see you love. I'm so proud of everything you have become Agatha. I love you" he pulls me into a side hug and kisses the top of my head.

Dad is right. I never realized that this is a special moment for us. I was so caught up in Sascha having to play a final that I forgot how much this sport meant to my dad and I. "I love you dad. Who knows what my life would be like if you didn't instill a love for this sport in me."

We watch on as Sascha is all smiles and they call him up for his trophy. I listen to his speech. It's one of the best I've heard all season. He takes longer than normal but that's okay. It's sweet. He thanks his parents and his new coach, Ferrero. Not a bad start to that partnership. He even thanks Lövík who comes out with Irina to show their love.

Next is a WTA final between Gorges and Makarova. As exciting as that sounds I have to go tell Sasch, how proud I am of his performance.

I walk into the locker room but he isn't here.his parents are as well as Jez.

"Congratulations team!" I say before heading to the press room. I was hoping to see him before all his interviews but I didn't get a chance.

Instead I text him.

"I'm so proud of you. Hurry up so I can kiss your beautiful, winning, face!"

Placing my phone in my lap I wait for a responds.

"I just did an interview with the tennis channel table. I'm in the locker room changing out of match clothes now. Be there soon babe"

He walks into the room filled with reporters and we all ask questions, recording the answers for the videos or reports we are writing up about the match.

When we are done I have an alone interview with him.

I go into the room they reserved for us and set up. He walks in and I smile. This time is different than any other interview though. He has a security man with him.

"Congratulations on the win Alex" I stick a hand out. He shakes it and takes a seat, thanking me in the process.

Ugh! I guess that kiss has to wait. My man is so good, security has to follow him now. Thata boy, Sasch!

I finish the interview, reviewing some of the points and getting his opinion on them as well as other aspects of his game.

We say our goodbyes and later that night we meet up at the hotel.

"I'm so happy for you today. I've never seen you smile wider" I say as I intertwine our legs as we cuddle in the bed, not paying much attention to the tv.

"I hope one day I can start including you into my speeches. You play a big part for me. Thanks for always keeping me level headed. I love you" he looks down. I pull my head a two inches off his chest and look up, kissing his lips.

"What was up with security following you into the interview? They do realize its safe there right?" I sit up, a bit puzzled.

He sighs. "You can never be too careful in this day and age." He's right. Guns and attacks are getting out of hand. I'm happier that he is safe rather than I get to kiss him.

"Well, hopefully, next week will be just as kind to you" I rub my nose against his with a smile and go back to watching our movie.

So this is actually my favorite chapter so far because it holds a special place in my heart. An hour after he won Citi Open I met him and it was one of the happiest days for me. (The picture for the chapter!!!) He was all smiles and I'm still so happy whenever I think of that day! He and Marcelo Melo came right up to me as I talked to one of the security guards!!!

Anyway, I hope you also enjoyed the chapter. The next one will start adding some drama and rev the story up a bit.

Please comment and leave feedback as well as liking the chapter!

-Emma