Chapter 5

Agatha p o v

All good things must pass. It's a quote I try not to live by but constantly do. I want the good to last forever but this is another reason why it doesn't.

"Sascha, this is your first match after the bye in the first round. How does it feel to come into a Masters 1000 Tournament as the number eighteenth seed? Does it add pressure to your game or does it motivate you more?" I question, trying to not look up from my paper. I can't bring myself to look at him.

"It's great to be back. I love the tournament and it is always so great to its players. It is always very hot which is a challenge but I think everything together is motivating. I always try to play my best wherever I am but a Masters 1000 is special. No matter what I'm thrilled to be coming into this as the eighteenth seed."

"We all remember that volley on match point against Rafa Nadal last year, luckily you didn't make any mistakes like that this match. Your volleys have been improving. Has that been an important factor of your game for you to improve?" I cringe at the question.

My editor demanded I put in the match point volley against Rafa.

I zone out thinking about that last encounter between us. I've never felt so awful than having to interview him after his semi-final win and his Final match against Richard Gasquet. We tried to be professional but you could see he didn't want to be near me after that denial of a date.

"Congratulations Sascha. Good luck against Nick Kyrgios."

As usual I turn the camera off and turn to my computer to upload the interview.

"Congratula-" I turn around, assuming he will be here like he always is but he isn't. He has to know I didn't mean it. A sigh escapes my lips.

I interview the rest of the players and go to the restaurant near the stadium. I order a coffee. Sitting down at a table I upload the files and edit clips together. When I am finally satisfied with sound bites and footage I send the final product to my advisor to get approval for the site. As soon as I get the clear from Greg, my advisor, I upload the videos to the ATP site.

By this point it is close to midnight and time for me to go.

*one week later*

"Well Sascha, I'm happy to see you got through to the next round of Miami. I really want to make everything up to you" I say outside my hotel room door. Thankfully I ran into him in the hall and could try to explain. "I really was busy. Darcy was assigned somewhere else and left for a flight and that day I was the only one scheduled for coverage for the site. I had so much to do. How about I explain this over dinner?" I ask hopeful.

He seems a bit hesitant which makes my gut sink.

"Yeah, that sounds like a plan! I'll pick you up here around seven?" He smiles. Without realizing it a huge smile appears on my face.

He quickly returns it.

"Sounds great. I'll see you at seven for a fun dinner" I bite my lip.

We turn our separate ways and I watch him walk down the hall as I stop at my door, holding the doorknob. I turn my head quickly when he turns his head back with a grin. I run inside and smile like a child.

Are Sascha and I actually going out after all this time?

I smile to myself and text Darcy.

Quickly I prep for tomorrow's agenda since I will be with Sascha tonight. I can't stop repeating that thought in my head. "I'll be with Sascha tonight!"

This can't be happening...

Sorry it is super short but the next chapter will be the date. I will try to not take so long to update but midterms are coming up. Many tests and essays and projects. College is fun... Hope you enjoy the chapter and don't forget to give feedback! Maybe I will try to update again today- Emma

P.s. the picture is one of my favorites of Sascha!