Chapter 34

10 years later
Aggie POV

I sit in the box of the Us Open. "Come on Sasch!" I clap.

Sasch is once again in aim to win a grand slam. However this one is different. This time it's for the career slam. In the last ten years he has managed to win 9 grand slams. None of them have been here in New York though.

Currently it is tied with two sets a piece. His opponent; Denis Shapovalov.

Denis dominated the forth set and has all the momentum at the moment. I don't have good feelings going into this fifth set but I have to stay positive for Sascha's sake.

Looking down I fix the ring on my finger so it's straight. 10 years and I still don't get sick of watching his tennis matches every week.

"Mr. Zverev is taking a medical break" we hear. I begin to worry. It doesn't look to serious but you never know. He gets his thigh wrapped. The crowd applauds once he walks to the base line, leisurely. He doesn't even look nervous in such a big moment.

Once he's back he holds serve stressfully. He had to fight off a few early break points. Then Denis holds at love, putting the pressure right back on Sascha. He still carries the momentum.

The next few games, Denis holds with ease and Sascha makes us all stress when he serves. He isn't making many first serves at the moment. However, he gets the score to 5-4, Shapo is serving to stay in the championship.

They guys exchange and epic rally which goes Sascha's way. Then Denis hits an ace. 15-15. I watch as Sascha's return barely misses the tape and Shapovalov buries it into the net miserably. I'm sure he is angry at the point. He shouldn't have lost it. He had better control of the point rather than Sascha.

He steps up to the line again but this time double faults due to pressure. It gives Sascha two championship points. Our box stands up and cheers before sitting back down, feeling all the excitement.

The exchange back hands and cross court rallies and Sascha goes for it with the winner but it sails long. He challenges just to make sure but it's no use. He lost the point.

He still has championship point though!

A serve out wide and Sascha returns it to the middle of the court. Denis looks like he's easily going to take control of the point and strikes the ball. It goes wide and the crowd erupts. We watch the last minute challenge and erupt a second time when we realize Sascha just won the US Open.

Everyone hugs each other and we watch as Sascha celebrates himself.

The trophy presentation goes by the same as usual and I make my way to the locker room once it's over. I see my mother-in-law, Irina sitting on a sofa.

We hug each other and wait until Sascha comes into the room. The rest of the team has already gathered. His parents, Hugo, Jez, Mischa, Eve, Addie, and their second child, Vivian who is 6, as well as my own children.

The door opens and in walks our champion.

"DADDY!" Our two oldest yell and run up to hug him. He scoops them both into his arms and kisses their heads. I walk over to him and kiss his lips, our youngest on my hip, who also gets a winning kiss on the head.

Life has been good to us over the past ten years. We were married for five years before having our oldest, Bradley. We did a lot of traveling to tournaments before having our daughter, Kinsley, two years later. Finally, five months ago we had our youngest son, Mason.

"You won daddy!" Brad cheers.

"I did. I got the big trophy." Sascha grins.

We all giggle at their excitement. My favorite thing use to be watching Sascha win matches and trophies but I've come to love the simpler things, like watching him with our children even more. I always knew he was a strong fighter but having kids has made him and even bigger lover.

After some press, interviews, and photos, we make our way to the hotel where we all celebrate with a delicious meal in the restaurant beside the lobby.

Chatting, we stuff ourselves full before going up the our rooms. Sascha, the kids and I hang out in the living room area

We sit on the floor and I put a puzzle together with my oldest, it's so hard to believe my little Bradley is already five. He's so smart and already loves following daddy around. He got all of Sascha's features as well, the blonde hair, the eyes, and he is already very tall. Luckily, he is a mama's boy.

Sascha sits with Kinsley as she decides she's gonna play restaurant and serve him dinner. She hands him toy cups and plates and he plays along, complimenting all the food he's pretending to eat. She is our little three year old princess. She also looks more like Sascha but she has my dark hair. Everything else is her dad's though. She's had Sasch wrapped around her finger since the day she was born.

"Is no one giving you attention, Mase?" Sascha giggles picking up our five month old as he starts whimpering. Sasch pretends to feed him the cookies Kinsley is pretending to bake. She is overjoyed that her little brother is eating them.

Mason is mischievous and always getting into something, just like his father. He is our only child that looks more like me than their dad. He has my dark hair and my nose and mouth. He is always so giggly just like me.

Holding Mason above his head, Sascha kisses his small nose.

"This has been one of my favorite days. Winning a Grand Slam and just spending time with my kids" Sasch, kisses Bradley, Kinsley, and Mason's chubby little cheeks.

I admire my handsome husband and our children. I will never be able to thank the ATP for giving me a journalist job that brought me to my soulmate. That job gave me a husband, children, friends, and memories I could never forget.

Our secret love has turned into a fairytale where I got the prince and the happily ever after...

All I can say is thank you for reading and showing this story love for the past 13 months!

I'm sad to see it go because I loved this story so much but it's time to let a good thing go and start a new Sascha story. If you haven't started reading it, please go check it out. It's called The Coach's Daughter.

I hope you enjoyed this story.

Let me know what your favorite moment(s) we're in this story.

Secret Love (August 2, 2017- September 16, 2018)
-Emma