Chapter 1

Agatha pov

"Congratulations, Agatha, you have the job" I hear through the phone. Those sweet words place an unbreakable smile on my face. "You're first placement will be in Australia with Jenna Manderset. We need you down in Melbourne by January 14. You have interviews with players and press conferences you will need to cover. We will send you all the information. Enjoy your stay in Australia!"

I'm speechless. Jaw to the basement, speechless!

I'm the newest journalist on the ATP! I get to travel the world and watch tennis. I'll watch every match and know every statistic and I will be the best journalist who actually asks decent questions and nothing that players will hate. This has been my dream since I was little.

My first thought is to call my dad, the man who got me into tennis. From the time I was born he would sit with me and watch tennis and once I get established as the writer I know I can be I can take him to tournaments to meet all the players he made me a fan of.

He's a Roger Federer fan, Im a Rafa Nadal fan, Fedal finals are heated in our family.

"Dad I got the job!" I squeal before he has a chance to say 'hello.'

"That's my girl. I knew you would. I'm so proud of you Aggie!"

"Thanks dad. I leave for Melbourne this weekend for the Open. I have to go and pack and make sure I have everything. I'll call you before I leave" I say before running to my bedroom to find my suitcase.

Everything hits me at once. This small town American girl is going to Australia to watch the Australian Open.

~Thursday~
Tuesday I went to the store to buy all the last minute things I need for the trip down under. Wednesday I went to visit my parents as I won't get to see them until February.

It's sad to leave but new chapters start and I'm a firm believer we need to take full advantage of those opportunities that life throws our way.

Today however isa travel day. I'm not excited to be on a plane for 24 hours but I'm dealing with it.

I board the plane and take my seat by the window. The entire flight is a mixture of naps and watching movies to kill the time.

The moment we land I feel all my childish giddiness bubble up. I'm in Australia and couldn't be any happier.

Going through customs and baggage claim is nothing unusual or exciting but the moment the automatic doors slide away from each other my lips crack a smile. The Australian sun on my face, brightens my tired, groggy, mood until I arrive at the hotel and sleep for the next eleven hours.

~the next morning~

Today I meet Jenna and some of the players for their pre-tournament interviews.

I make my way to the lobby of the hotel where Jenna and I plan to meet. I take a seat on the sofa, awaiting my new colleague.

"Are you Agatha Baracell?" Brings my attention away from my phone.

"Yes. Jenna?" She nods and smiles. We quickly hug and await the car that will take us to the Open venue.

On our ride we get to know each other a little bit. She is from New York City, she has two brothers and a sister, a dog named Rufus, and her favorite players are Roger Federer, Alexander Zverev, and Andy Murray. Not a bad list if I say.

I'm a fan of Rafa, Domonic Thiem, and Zverev myself.

"I think Sascha Zverev is the most attractive thing on this planet" she says.

"I would be lying if I said I disagreed" I laughed. We actually hit it off really well. I think we will be good friends by the end of this trip!

When we arrive we show workers our passes and we are guided into players lounge where interviews will take place. It overlooks the grounds and for a moment I freeze, just taking everything in.

"Jenna, you will be in here doing interviews with Milos Roanic, Sam Querry, Novak Djokovic, and David Goffin. Agatha you will be set up on the balcony for your interviews with Kei Nishikori, Marin Cilic, Jack Sock, and Alexander Zverev" we are informed. We go our separate ways and I take deep breathes trying to calm myself before meeting my idols.

Taking my seat I await Nishikori. His interview wasn't my best ever but it's my first of a new job and I was nervous. The Cilic and Sock interviews went a lot better.

Looking at my watch I notice its well passed time to start my interview with Zverev. He's a late person I see.

A door behind me opens and I spin around to see if its him. I see a towering man with long blonde hair and a is pathetic smile.

"Sorry to make you wait. Practice didn't go so well and we had to make sure my forehand is ready for my first match." He apologizes.

"That's fine. Don't worry about it" I smile.

"Are you a new interviewer? I haven't seen you around before" he furrows his eyebrows, trying to place my face somewhere.

"Yes. This is my official day. Sorry if this goes badly."

"You'll do great. I'm not a hard critic" he chuckles, taking a seat across from me. I move the camera up since he is so tall and begin the interview.

After four questions I turn the camera off and thank him for his time.

"You did very well. Are you staying the entire tournament?" He turns the interview around on me. I tell him I will. "We'll I hope I have many wins so I get to see you again" he smiles. Wow!

If a smile could kill you I think his did. My stomach flips and turns and the butterflies decide to fly around.

"I hope so too. Good luck. I'm rooting for you" I smile.

Today has been the perfect day. I'm in Australia. I'm talking to my idols... I'm living my dream!

So many of you said you want a Sascha story so here you go! I hope you enjoy and I promise you it will get a lot better! If you haven't read my imagines book please check it out. It's about tennis players and I try to update as much as possible!

Enjoy!

-Emma