Chapter 14

Agatha pov

The grass season was fun but now is my favorite time. This week is the Citi Open in Washington DC. My dad has a week off and is spending the week with me. He is even going to meet Sascha!

I haven't had anytime off since I got this job in January. It is now August. That is eight months since I was last home.

Luckily, I found a new family that happily took me in and included me in everything they do. Sascha and his family have been so kind to me in these last few months. Sascha especially. I turned him down and ditched half way through a date and he still likes being with me.

Looking at my phone I see the time and I soon get to go to the hotel. Time goes so slow when you are anticipating something.

"You look happy" Sascha says as he comes in for his pre-tournament interview.

"So do you" Jenna butts in. "I thought you would be upset since you just left Sophie back in Germany"

After Sascha's loss in Wimbledon he went to Germany for a few days before coming to D.C. I still can't believe Jenna believes Sasch is dating Sophie.

"My dad comes in tonight. I haven't seen him since before the Australian Open. Being a tennis writer is lonelier than being a tennis player. Jenna and I don't have a team and close friends around us unlike you guys. I've missed having someone to talk to and go to dinner with" I explain as if I don't talk to him everyday.

"Aww. Is he staying all week?" Alex questions. We haven't talked about my dad coming to visit. This is genuine curiosity from him.

"Yeah. He's driving down from Pennsylvania as we speak. Now, is this my interview or yours?" I laugh. We finish our questions and conversation and he walks out.

Jenna and I have a quick chat while we clean up the equipment and I text Sascha, asking if he is doing anything tonight.

I take all my things to the taxi that takes me to my hotel. On the car ride I text Sascha.

(S- Sascha : A- Agatha)

A- Are you doing anything tonight?
S- No. I just dinner in the hotel if you'd like to join Lövík and I!
A- OR... You can come to dinner with my dad and I! He is really excited to meet you. He wants to get to know the man I'm spending all my time with haha
S- That sounds fun. Let me know when you get to your hotel and I'll come over.
A- Will do. See you soon

As soon as I get back I do as told and Alex comes over. He's in a grey and white striped sweater and some jeans.

He pecks my lips and sits on my bed. I've texted my dad what room number I was so he can come right up.

About 40 minutes later I hear a knock on the door and run to get it.

"Ags!" Dad grins.

"I've missed you!" I shriek, hugging him, rocking back and fourth while I have the biggest smile on my face.

We let go of each other and I remember Sasch is standing behind me.

"Dad, this is Alexander Zverev. Just call him Sascha. Sasch, this is my dad!" I'm so excited they are finally meeting.

"So, you're treating my girl right?" My dad does the stereotypical dad greeting.

"I couldn't imagine doing her wrong" Sasch shakes my dads hand.

The three of us go out to dinner and talk and eat the night away.

We get back to the hotel around 11 and my dad is tired from the drive and goes to his room, down the hall. Sascha comes back to my room and I'm excited to hear what he thinks of dad.

"He is funny. I see where you get it from. Is there a reason only he came?" This is the question I have been dreading.

"Yeah. Umm... My sister moved to Europe and never talked to us again. We don't even know if she's alive or where she ended up. She left when I was eleven and never contacted us again. She just gave a letter that said she was going to find herself in Europe." I explain.

"Wow. I'm sorry. What about your mom?"

"That's not much better." I sigh trying to fight off the emotions. "She didn't take my sister leaving well and went kind of insane. She did some messed up things and has been in prison since I was twelve. She doesn't contact us either. I guess she wants to start fresh since her oldest daughter left. I don't really consider them family anymore. They just left my dad and I for ourselves. I was always a daddy's girl."

"Aggie, I'm so sorry. I wouldn't have asked-"

"Don't worry. I don't consider them family, like I said. My dad is the only family I have in my eyes. I think that's why I like being with you and you family who constantly travel and do everything together. It gives me a sense of family which I haven't had since I was little." I become more and more vulnerable. Sascha makes me feel comfortable.

We talk for a while and he learns more than he ever thought he would about me. "I've learned to earn what I want. This is my dream job. I wouldn't trade it for the world and it feels even better since I got it based off my skill and hard work."

Sascha kisses my temple and pulls me close, just sitting there listening to each other breathe as I let a tear slip, thinking of what my life would be like with my mom and sister around.

I like this chapter. I wanted to give you a better look into Agatha's life. I hope you enjoy learning something more about her.

I'm excited about the next chapter because it is very personal for me and I hope you all love it as much as I do.

Please favorite and comment. I work better with feedback!

Thanks for reading!

-Emma