Chapter 16: Shots

Start from the beginning

"Nah, I don't fuck with that," he says, dead of any emotion besides his gravely tone.

That's what they all say... until it happens again, my dark self scoffs.

His assertiveness is his words persuaded me to return to my calm state, however, bits of me were still skeptical and playing it safe on not to trust him fully.

Ignoring his swears, it was easy because Asher does it a lot, I pulled a hesitant small smile on my lips.

"A lot of people were drugged at my party. No doubt who was responsible for it," Noah shakes his head, his face taut and jaw set.

"Ricky Rodriguez, that disgusting waste of space," the guy displayed his scorn, speaking with disdain.

"Enough," Noah warns, running a hand through his curls.

"Maybe I should just go home. It is getting dark," I uttered, cracking the silence floating throughout the empty school's hallway.

"Nice seeing you again," the guy waves, no problem with me trying to flee away.

"No, you said you were going to hang with me and my boy," Noah stops me, reminding me of my agreement to have some fun with them.

"I don't want to intrude," I voiced out, looking at the guy with blond hair.

"I wouldn't mind," the guy shrugged and Noah smiled.

I let out a sigh, "Where are you guys trying to hang?"

"How about the bowling alley?" The guy suggested, his light green eyes switching to my face, then to Noah.

"That sounds great," I beamed, maybe this guy isn't so bad.

Noah looked down and smirked, "Alright, then let's go. Annalise you can ride with me and my friend, it'll be easier."

"Ok, but can you drop me back here after? So I can take my car home afterwards?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Ok," he agrees, taking his keys from his pocket and twirling it around his finger.

***

The green light lit the dark car, exposing the leather seats and side profile of Noah's friend with blond hair. His nose was thin and small, a bit oily, his face is slim and his jaw isn't as sharp compare to Noah or Ricky's.

Buildings and blurred lights were appearing quickly and leaving with the same speed. The window from the back of Noah's Mercedes cracked open and wind managed to find a way to comb through my hair, cool air the result of fall on full swing.

Chatter and light music shoved any awkward silence out of the car, the mood one of content.

Noah decelerated his speed as the car in front of us halted from the red light forbidding us to proceed on. His head leaned towards his friend, but those hazel eyes he had stood glued to the car in front.

"You think you got any luck with Adrianna?" Noah's humor filled voice fell upon my hearing, a slight quirk to his lips.

The guy's lips also twisted up, a deceiving smirk plastered onto them, a look he had not too long ago.