Conversations and Missions

Tara's POV

When we all sat down at the table again, for the first time in a long time, it was tense. We had not seen each other in far too long to immediately be able to talk again. And then I looked up and met Molly's eyes, and then Lily's, and then Tonks's and found a fire there that I hadn't seen in a long time. That fire that reminded me of when we used to fight together before. When we were practically unstoppable. When 'girl's night' almost always turned into a street fight with Death Eaters. I smirked and looked around at them again and nodded. They matched my smirk and nodded back. It was time for us to rise up again. Rise up and fight. We had been in hiding for too long.

Suddenly, there was a call from the living room. I held my hand up and shook my head, telling them I'd go and see what it was. There was a face in the fireplace.

"Albus," I said shortly.

"I trust you arrived safely, Tara?"

"I think you can figure that for yourself, Albus."

"I have a mission for you."

"Of course you do. You couldn't give me one night to reunite with everyone, could you?"

"You get your night, Tara. I promise. The mission is tomorrow at nine o'clock. I will send a parchment to you tomorrow morning with information."

I stood, refusing to wish him goodnight or anything of the sort. I got myself back under control when I was sure he was gone and walked back into the kitchen.

"Who was it?" Molly asked.

I waved her off, "It was Albus."

"And what did he want?" Lily asked.

I sighed and gritted my teeth, shaking my head, "I have a mission tomorrow night."

"That's... soon," James said.

I gave him a look.

"Any specific information?" Sirius asked from where he sat beside me.

I shook my head, "I'll get it tomorrow morning."

He looked at me, "That usually means it's gonna be bad, right?"

"In the past, yes."

"You'll tell us what happens... right?" James asked, suddenly uncertain. "Or at least, the plan for what is supposed to happen?"

I nodded, "Of course. I would no longer ever keep anything from any of you unless it were to keep you from harm."

"Good," Molly said lowly. "Good."

The rest of the dinner was even more tense. The children still appeared to be extraordinarily confused, looking from adult to adult from time to time before shaking their heads and returning to their dinner. Every few minutes, I would look around before shaking my head and going back to my food.

Then, suddenly, through all the tenseness, Tonks got annoyed and blurted, "Can we stop glaring at each other and just go back to being friends again!"

Everyone looked around, completely silent, before bursting out laughing. Suddenly, the table erupted into conversation- everyone was laughing with each other, talking. It was just like the old days. We caught up on all the things that had happened in the past years. We talked about Frank and Alice who were currently insane in the mental ward of St. Mungos.

"Do you think..." Molly started, cocking her head. "Do you think maybe you could heal them, Tara? We could use them in this war."

I hummed, and nodded a little, "I would have to talk to Augusta and their son, Neville. I want to make sure that they would want them to be back, and have time to think about it. It would change their lives, not to mention, Frank and Alice would have nearly fifteen years unaccounted for. I don't know that they would want to come back."