Confessions

Apparently, when the two walked out, lips bruised, hair messed up and sporting all of the clear signs of sex, none of those who had trapped them in there had expected that they wouldn't just talk. So when the two walked out and Sirius winked at Tara as Tara gave him a nod and a mischievous smile before they both walked off in the opposite directions, James looked at Lily and the only thing he could think to say was," I don't know why I didn't expect that."
Lily nodded in agreement as she stared after the two. While walking back to the dorms she noticed that some of the Durmstrang guys were posting colorful pieces of paper around the halls of Durmstrang.

CHRISTMAS DANCE
FORMAL ATTIRE
(BRING SOBERING POTIONS)
FIRST SUNDAY OF THE BREAK

Lily hoped that they were joking about the sobering potions, but from Tara's drinking habits, she knew it was most likely true that sobering potions would be needed. That, however wasn't going to stop her from going. She would just be the responsible one and not drink while making sure her friends had their potions. Then she started to freak out a little. James looked at her with an eyebrow raised, a silent question as her hands started flapping around like little birds in panic.
"They only gave me four days notice! I have to go shopping and tie Tara up! And- Gah! Why would they give us such late notice!" she said loudly.
James chuckled," You'll look beautiful whether you have time or not."

Tara's POV

I was happier than I had been in a while. I had finally sort of talked to Sirius. Now it was time to shock him at the dance. So on Saturday after we got home, I stunned Lily by walking up to her and asking her to go shopping for dresses, before she asked me.
"Um... Right now?" she asked.
I nodded, a grin on my face," Let's go. I already have the other girls out in the sitting room waiting for you."
A grin came onto her face," Sounds good! Let me just grab some galleons. Nice to see you getting into the typical before dance spirit!"
I smiled as she disappeared back into the guest room she was spending the next two nights in at the Potter mansion. She came out a few seconds later and we walked down the staircase and we met up with Molly, Marlene, Tonks and Alice outside. We hurried down the busy streets of Diagon Alley until we came upon a reasonable dress shop. About midway through the third hour of being there, I started regretting bringing the others to shop with me. We were going to be here all day if we didn't hurry up. Molly found her dress first, a pretty navy blue dress that flowed to the floor gracefully with small silvery jewels at the top. Marlene's was next, hers being a stunning gold, mid thigh length dress that really only she would be able to pull off. Tonks picked a gorgeous high low red dress that had a small gathering of gems at her right hip. Her short black hair went with it perfectly. Lily found hers next, a beautiful deep purple with small white gems and she had jumped around with excitement after trying it on.. Finally, an hour and twenty dresses later, I was sent to the back by both the girls and the assistant. After I was alone it was pretty easy for me to select the dress I wanted. It was black with a large leg slit on both sides, it was very low cut in the front and had small gems along the waist. I walked out with it over my arm and chuckled as they all begged me to try it on.
I shook my head," Nope, waiting for the dance to try it on. At least you know approximately what it looks like, unlike the boys."
They looked pretty put down so I quickly paid for the dress and then grinned at them," Want to go the the coffee shop? It's on me."
They all grinned an nodded at me before tying the bags shut so that nothing wet could get in before wading through the snow to get the shop. I was in my typical winter outfit. Jeans and a tee shirt. It just wasn't cold here. Well, it was but not Bulgaria cold. We all sat down in the coffee shop and laughed and joked about the guys and many other things.
And then that question came up from Lily of course," So Tara are you going to the dance with Sirius?"
I swallowed a large gulp of my frappaccino, almost choking in the process before speaking," No. Not really. We're going alone but together at the same time, if that makes any sense."
"It doesn't ," Lily said bluntly," please explain."
I nodded," Well the thing is, as you would understand, I don't feel like I can trust him yet. So therefore, we both decided that we would go alone and meet there at the dance instead. So, technically we're not going together but we're still there, together. I believe that to go to a dance and to get picked up by your date they have to officially ask you and you have to officially say yes. So, yes, he did ask me, but I said no and explained why. This is what I suggested to him and he seemed to understand it fine. I honestly don't know why you are all looking at me like that. Are you confused."
Marlene dragged a hand down her face, Tonks groaned in exasperation, tossing her head back, Alice ran a hand through her hair, shaking her head ad then Lily was smacking herself on the forehead over and over again.
I looked at them, now confused myself," What?"
Marlene spoke up," Okay. Tara. I can completely understand that you don't trust Sirius anymore, but it is so clear that he's very sorry and very sad about what he did. Plus it doesn't sound like he did it entirely on purpose. I mean, Marissa had a huge part to play in it, she had been trying to seduce him the whole time while you were spending your weeks as an animagus. I mea, he tried really hard, Tara but he learns. He learns better than most and he learned never to betray you and never to hurt you. He doesn't ever want to hurt you again. He's the most sorry he;s ever been. If I were you, I'd forgive. He did basically come back to you on his knees begging for you to take him back."
I rolled my eyes," That sounds like you can't live without him and it makes you sound kind of weak. No offense of course. Plus wasn't that girls name Miranda or something?"
Lily sighed," The point is Tar is that he really cares about you, and he would never let you go if you just gave him another chance."
"Chances are earned not given," I said, crossing my arms. "He needs to know that there will not be another chance after this."
Alice protested," But he knows that already. He already thinks that he doesn't deserve you but the thing is, he can't live without you and you can't live without him. You know you can't. Forgive him, you'll be much happier and you'll be able to live for real again."
"I was just fine when I was alone before," I said.
"Yes but you hadn't met him yet," Marlene pointed out.
Tonks, who had been abnormally quiet the entire time spoke up finally," Do what you want Tara, we know we can't stop you, but please consider forgiving him, he needs it more than you think. You need it more than you think."
I sighed, their points had been good ones, unfortunately," I'll consider it, but forgiving and forgetting is not easy for me."
"It's not easy for anyone Tara, but you need to eventually do it. And do what you need to to help yourself do it."
I nodded thoughtfully my train of thought switching to that bitch who tried to take my man and a smirk came onto my face as I imagined some very bad things.
"I don't like the look on her face," I heard Lily whisper.
"Oh god, what have we done?" Alice whispered.
I calmly looked up at them and put an innocent look on my face," Let's go back to the house, yeah?"
They nodded hesitantly and we walked back quickly. I ignored everyone as I walked past the guys and up to my room. When I got there I set down my stuff then ran to my training room after changing real quick.
I was out by the stairway long enough to hear James say," Okay what did you guys do?"
Then I disappeared into my training room. Unfortunately my parents didn't allow large weapons in the house so I had needed to hide those, though I kept most of them outside in the small house I had fixed up. I walked over to my punching bag and waved my wand, a non verbal spell I had invented flashing through my mind, causing the bag to shake a bit then open. Inside were two of my most prized possessions. My twin katanas and my sniper rifle. Man I loved my sniper rifle. But this was a job for my katanas. I put the harness on and turned the katanas invisible and gave them the ability to be passed through by anything. When I reached back specifically for them, they would appear as I pulled them out. I did so right then and as I did so, one of the targets came to life and started to attack me. I grinned and spun around, hair flying around my face, slicing it's belly open only to have another come up from behind me. I moved as if it was a dance because to me, this was dancing. I sliced both of my katanas through a dummies' head and then spun around and sliced a dummy down the middle. Finally, I flipped over and and drove both blades through another's' heart, landing in a kneeling position.
"Um... I take it this is a bad time?" I heard Sirius's voice say from the door.
"Hey you're not supposed to have those in the house!" My brother said loudly.
I rolled my eyes and put the blades backwards and stabbed them back as two dummies came to attack me simultaneously as I spoke," First, James, I know. And second, yes this is a perfect time, just don't move, I might mistake you for a target."
"Um... Okay. What exactly are you doing?"
"Practicing," I grunted out as I was suddenly disarmed." Oops."
I punched the dummy and it went flying back it into the wall. I followed it carefully stepping over pieces of dummy until I drove my blade through its chest before standing up and clapping my hands. All of the dummies quickly put them selves back together and went back to their places. I picked up my other katana and cradled it in my arms smiling at it.
I looked up when Sirius walked in front of me and I put on a charming grin and looked up at him," Yes?"
He looked at me with a small smile on his face. I noticed James had left the room, muttering something about not wanting to see what happened next. I walked away from him and put my katanas back in the punching bag which he looked at with a thoughtful face.
He turned to me," Would you teach me how to fight?"
I looked at him and shrugged," Sure. Right now?"
He nodded and I spoke again," You might want to take your jacket off. Training isn't easy."
He took the jacket off and threw it to the side. I flicked my wand and my punching bag turned back to normal.
"Alright show me your basic punch. You know the one I hope."
He nodded and punched the punching bag causing it to sway slightly.
I nodded," Okay let me show you my basic punch."
I nudged him out of the way and in a quick motion sent my fist flying at the bag. And the bag flew off the chain.
"Damn it!" I said loudly before pulling my wand and levitating the bag back to the chain and repairing it.
Sirius was staring at me with his mouth wide open.
"Okay so Sirius come back over here. Now do your punch in slow motion."
He nodded mutely and walked over and began. Quickly I went forward and unfolded his hand took his thumb out of his fist then folded his fist back up with the thumb on the outside. His position was very upright which was decent position but I needed him to be able to follow through with the punch. I pulled one of his legs back a bit so he adjusted into a relatively easy attacking position. Soon we were on a roll and I was teaching him certain kicks and things. I looked up at the clock and my eyes widened. We had been practicing for two hours. I had him stop practicing the roundhouse kick I had been trying to show him.
"Alright, last thing before we're done for today. We're going to fight."
He looked at me," I don't want to hit you."
I smiled," Don't worry you won't and even if you managed to so early in your training, believe me, I can take a hit."
He nodded hesitantly and held his fists up in the way I had taught him but didn't advance like I wanted him to. Also he was mostly on his heels. I darted forward and dodging around him, poking him in the back.
"On your toes!" I yelled playfully.
He swung at me and I ducked quickly, a grin on my face as I poked him in the ribs," C'mon slowpoke! Move a little faster!"
He whipped around and managed to catch me off guard with a quick punch to the stomach. The air left me and I bent over, wheezing. He immediately relaxed and walked over to me a worried look on his face. Without letting him talk I dove forward and took him down to the ground laughing. Soon he was laughing too as I straddled his waist poking him in the ribs again and again. I stopped and smiled at him as his hands reached forward and rested on my waist. I leaned forward as he frowned.
"What's wrong?" I whispered.
He shook his head and sat up, cupping my cheeks in his palms and pressing his forehead against mine.
"I just..." he took a deep breath," I wish I had never done such a stupid thing. I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from doing all of that stuff that I did before I met you. I don't deserve to be with you, I don't deserve to have you sitting here, I don't deserve you at all. I'm broken. You deserve someone whole who won't make stupid mistakes. I'm not that person. And you're much more powerful and pure than I ever will be. You deserve someone to match you and I'm not that person."
He looked down when he was done until I gently put a finger under his chin and lifted his face to look at me," Sirius. You match me more than you think. In fact you deserve someone who isn't me. Sirius, I'm a killer. I can deal with a few dumb mistakes. I'm sorry that it's been so hard for you and I hate how bad it has been for me. I'm not used to showing any emotion other than happiness. I've never felt such a powerful emotion before and to be honest it terrifies me because I don't know how to stop it. I don't know how to control it. There's a reason why I had such a hard time dealing with you and her. I didn't know what to do with such a strong emotion. I couldn't handle it calmly as I usually would've. And I'm sorry for that-"
He cut me off with a kiss that was so tender I thought my heart would explode.
When he pulled away he looked at me and softly breathed," We can work through it."
I nodded and kissed him again before pulling away and yanking him up with a grin on my face.
"Come on! I want to show you something!"

A/N Hey guys! So I was wondering how I can access the What's Hot List. Can somebody tell me what to search? Thanks guys! Love you all!❤️