Together Until the End

3rd Person

Perhaps it was the marching crowds of students that brought on the dreary feeling to the air. Their visitors sat and watched in a bit of awe and a bit of fear. The paper had come to them the day before, from Britain. Three people ran out of the Eating Room while several others simply stared in shock. The visit wasn't as cheerful anymore, and all the Bulgarians could do was prepare for the coming war that was gradually appearing on their horizon. The Hogwarts students would be sent home early, soon, by Portkey, as a way to protect them from the harshness of the coming months. It was necessary, said their Captain. They had to go home, for the Durmstrang castle was far more dangerous than that of Hogwarts. Not to mention, they had their own problems at home to deal with. Seven Hogwarts students had already left, due to the urging of their families to come home to where it was safe.

The Captain and, therefore, Durmstrang, had declared war on their attackers, and now, it was time to prepare for it.

Tara's POV

Sirius had been walking beside me for the past few minutes.

"So you're making us go home?"

"I have to. There's no other choice. I can't allow you guys to stay here with the high chance that an attack could kill any of you."

"We can defend ourselves you know."

I stopped walking and turned towards him," Sirius, you have your own problems back in Britain. Don't make our problems yours when you already have to bear with grief at home. I have to prepare the kids here for when I'm gone. Once I leave, they won't have me or their headmaster and already we have risked so much training for you. Normally, A student here, would have to dodge arrows on his way to his next class, or fight a statue or armor. The first years have to be trained. Once this year is over, I will be coming back to Britain for good, I promise. But I have to this first because we are all in danger from what is coming. You must return to protect your school and your home as well."

His head hung a little," Okay. Just... don't get yourself killed okay?"

I smiled at him softly," Same to you."

He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, before trotting away to the Portkey James and Lily and Remus were surrounding.

He looked back at me as he touched his finger to the Portkey and grinned at me. I waved at them, just before they disappeared.

The months passed by quickly. Once again, the hallways were constantly guarded, and now the first years were getting their proper training. Three more attacks happened in course of that time as we moved closer and closer to the graduation of the seventh years. Two more had been killed. Leo had yet to show himself to reassure the school. I had taken his place at the head table. The teachers now reported to me for disciplinary activities and such. Finally, after some consideration, the teachers and I had found a satisfactory replacement for the seemingly missing headmaster and had placed him in the position. That was in the last week of school. I would be leaving soon after for Britain.

Our graduation ceremony was shorter than usual and the others promised me that if I needed them for help that they would come and assist me in the coming war against Voldemort. Until then, most of them would go into hiding. I went back to Britain the day after. I joined the Order. The others were with me. We all began to stay at the mansion for a while before most of us decided to rent a small house. Most of us being me, Sirius, James, Lily, Remus, Tonks and even Peter for a time. We had a few excursions and went to a couple of muggle concerts for fun but were limited in what we were allowed to do. I was sent on missions with everybody else. These missions showed the amount of cooperation our group was actually capable of. James, Sirius, and Remus worked together like a well oiled machine, having developed techniques for fighting with James's left handedness. I generally fought alone, mostly because nobody could actually get close enough to watch my back. Lily and Molly and Dorcas and Marlene were vicious, shocking the guys several times with the way they fought. But nobody could keep up with me. Granted, they didn't have the freedom to kill like I did.

On one of these particular missions, we were sent to ambush a large group of Death Eaters. I accidentally slipped and my wand ended up being ripped out of my grasp. The Death Eaters ended up surrounding me. I remember the desperate way everybody began fighting, trying to get to me. But I just glared around at the group that surrounded me. Two spells were thrown at me that sliced open my shoulder and my leg. This was the first arrival of my other side, the side that was controlled purely by the lioness in me. My canines lengthened and I glared around with golden eyes. I watched as Sirius got hit by a spell and was momentarily stunned. That was when I roared. I lunged forward and ripped a throat out with my claws, which had replaced my nails. I wrenched my daggers out of their sheathes and spun in an instant. Death Eaters jumped backwards. I deflected their spells with my daggers quicker than they could process. I ran forward and sliced through the first line, killing easily. The Death Eaters began to run. I roared again and this time ended up ripping someone's throat out with my teeth. I spat out blood and pursued the enemy. 

No one could calm me down. Everyone was dead except my friends. Finally, Sirius pinned me to the wall and told me to calm down. I growled back at him. He pressed his lips to mine. It was instantly clearer what I had done. I was even shocked at myself. That didn't happen very often. I licked my lips to find them red with blood. I had to scrub my mouth that night multiple times. Everyone was a bit uneasy around me after that for a while. Remus understood. Things were going somewhat well. Injuries happened every once in a while. 

And then, one evening, I received an urgent call from Olympus. What I was told there would change everyone's lives. And the war would progress.

Alright guys sorry it's so short, I'm trying to keep updating but I'm having issues keeping it going, but I really will do my best to update more frequently. I hope you guys don't mind. I do plan on doing a sequel fairly soon, taking place in Harry's fifth year so there will likely be two or three more chapters before the new one is published. It will be better written as well, I promise. ANyway, since I'm just rambling now, I'll publish as soon as possible. Love you guys! Bye!