Different Than Usual

I walked into Lily's room willingly the next morning, flashing a mischievous grin at Sirius as he passed by me in the hall. He grinned at me and winked before walking down the stairs. The minute I walked into Lily's room the air seemed to change to one of urgency and I quickly shut the door behind me as Marlene ran past me to the vanity that had been placed in Lily's room. Originally, it had been mine but my parents soon learned that I was using it to hide small weapons in and quickly had it moved to the guest room Lily was now staying in. The girls had stayed in the other guest room overnight, all for some reason believing that they needed to get ready extremely early. I mean seriously, it was eleven thirty in the morning! We still had something like ten hours or something ridiculous like that. And yet these five girls were hustling around like their lives depended on it.
"Oh! Good, Tara you're here! You're on breakfast duty! We got a late start today and didn't have time too eat! Grab us some food please," Lily ordered, handing me a tray that she pulled out of no where.
If it was any other time or any other person, I might've beat them up for giving me such a lame order but for now, I would have extra time to stay out of the hell-room and hang out with the guys. I nodded at Lily and ran down the stairs quickly, without hesitation and began cooking eggs. Cooking was something I was not fabulous at but I could at least cook eggs and pancakes. In a minute, I had my wand up and running everything I needed in the kitchen. I grinned as Sirius walked in and walked up to him.
"Hey, love. Whatcha making?" he asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist.
I looked around and noticed we were alone," Pancakes and eggs. Where are the others?"
"You want to see them more than you want to see me?" he fake pouted.
I laughed at his expression," Of course not. It's just a little weird to see you without James attached to your hip."
Sirius grinned at me," They're out suit shopping for Remus."
"And you stayed home?"
"I volunteered to hold down the fort, which in other words means, not let Tara burn down the kitchen. Apparently, somebody's a bad cook," he said teasingly.
I sighed," Okay just for clarification's sake, I only burnt down the kitchen three times and all of those were the food's fault."
"I don't recall learning that food could get up and burn down a kitchen," he teased.
"That's my story and I'm sticking to it," I said.
"You know," he bent slightly and buried his face in my neck, his arms loosely hung around my waist," I could teach you how to cook."
I pulled away, in slight shock," You know how to cook."
My pancakes flipped themselves as he hummed," Mm hm."
"How did you learn, given all your life, you've had house elves cook for you?"
"When I first came here, I asked your mother to teach me how to cook, just in case I ever needed to do so myself, you know, in case my wife was pathetic at it," he pulled back with a playful glare.
I pursed my lips at the remark," Please, like you could ever convince me to marry you. Plus, I doubt we'll even have a kitchen given I'll always be out killing people and you'll always be enjoying Lily's amazing cooking instead of my burnt steaks."
He grinned," I'll convince you to marry me. I guarantee it."
I hummed and leaned forward to peck him on the nose," Keep telling yourself that, babe."
I pulled away and walked over to the eggs and stacked pancakes and set them on the tray with some extra plates for the girls. Sirius took it from me before I could pick it up. I rolled my eyes as he turned and made his way up the stairs with the tray in his arms, me close behind him.
I opened the door for him and Lily raced forward and almost ferociously ripped the tray out of his hands and began to push him out.
"Hey!" he said as I walked in and Lily continued to push him out. "Can't I spend sometime with my girlfriend before she disappears for a while?"
I smirked an began to help Lily push him out," We're still not dating Sirius."
His face fell into a pout," Why not?"
I grinned," Because you haven't convinced me to."
He face rose into a grin," I will Tara, I will soon."
I laughed," Soon isn't now!"
He finally let himself be pushed out and Lily took the food over to the small table that she had placed in the center of the room," Breakfast!"
I swear, the second that word was spoken, the girls flew out of their places and to the table, scarfing down everything they could, as quickly as possible. Lily told me to take everything back down and grab my dress on my way back in. I happily left the frantic room once again and walked down the stairs, to be greeted by Sirius once again.
"So Tara, are we still meeting at the dance or am I taking you there?" he asked casually.
I grinned," We're still not dating Sirius. I will meet you at the dance."
He sighed," How do I convince you?"
I smiled and booped his nose," Figure it out yourself. Or maybe ask James, he somehow managed to get Lily after all these years."
Sirius looked after me with a slightly annoyed, slightly amused look on his face as I sashayed my way out of the room to put the dishes in the sink. I flicked him in the cheek on my way back up the stairs. Three hours later and I was seriously sitting on my bed and singing "Ninety Nine Bottles of Firewhiskey On the Wall" for the fifth time as loud as I could.
Well, I was until Lily slammed her fist into my stomach and screamed," SHUT UP TARA!!!!!"
I covered my sensitive ears," Ow ow ow ow ow! Liiiiilllllllllyyyyy that huuuuuuuuuuuurt!"
She snarled at me," Deal with it."
My eyebrows rose and I crossed my arms, furrowing my brows at her in anger before spitting," Geesh take a chill pill."
She growled at me and I growled back, louder before she pointed to the door," You are no help! Leave until I call you back here!"
I smirked at her," Yes sir. Thank you for the relief of this boredom."
Her eyes widened as she realized her mistake," Um... Wait don't go! Uh..."
She knew if I left, I wouldn't come back and she knew that she needed me for makeup," Maybe you could just leave for like an hour and bring back snacks when you come back? You know get a little break in from this."
I smiled a little," Will do Lils I'll bring you a chill pill too. I wasn't lying about that, you really need one."
She ran a hand through her hair," Yeah I know. It's just you guys gave us three days notice before the dance. How is anybody supposed to be prepared for that in that kind of time?"
I shrugged," That's just how we Durmstrang kids do things. Fast and unexpected. Makes life interesting."
She sighed," Well could you give me a little bit more forewarning next time."
I smirked," Now where's the fun in that?"
I walked out of the room and into mine where I quickly changed and called Sirius into my workout room. Time for some more training. He took his time to get there but didn't hesitate to throw off his jacket and shirt, ready to practice. I showed him some more moves, but he seemed to be picking it up pretty easily. So I moved him up a level. Time to incorporate some knives into the mix. I knew that I was training him quickly but with the dancing lessons he had probably been forced into as a kid, it would be extremely easy to teach him how to handle swords and other types of blades. So I picked up the blade I had learned with. A nice simple two foot long, balanced sword. I tossed it back and forth between my hands then tossed it to him easily. He threw his hand out to catch it, quickly grasping it in both hands and looking at me with a frightened look on his face. I reached to my side where my sword was and pulled it out making it visible. And I taught him the same way I had learned. I attacked. He blocked my sword. Barely.
"TARA!" he yelled as he backed away from me in my attacking position," WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING!"
I snarled at him as he backed into the wall," I'm teaching you Sirius. This is how I was taught. This is how you will learn."
I lunged toward him again and he brought the sword up to block mine. I spun around in the other direction quickly and halted the sword directly next to his neck. He stiffened up and his Adam's Apple bobbed as he swallowed nervously. I pulled my sword away and breathed out carefully as he let out a gasp of air.
"Sirius," I said calmly," swordfighting is like dancing, now, attack me."
He held the sword loosely in his hand and took a deep breath before launching himself at me. I easily stepped to the side and hit his sword perfectly, making it drop out of his hands, right before he ran into the wall.
"Dancing. Sirius. Dancing. Not attempting to fly. Be more graceful this time. Be flexible."
He got up and grabbed the sword again before finally slowing down and bending his knees slightly and carefully approaching me, before launching his new attack. He sent an unskilled stab at my left side and I deflected it easily, apparently a bit too hard because it sent the blade flying out of his hand. We carried on for a bit longer before Lily screamed down the stairs that she was hungry and if I made her get the food she was going to tie my hands and feet together and toss me down the stairs. So I quickly left Sirius with his new sword and ran downstairs to get the much needed food. I walked carefully back up the stairs and kicked the door open before sidling my way into the room. After lunch, the torture for me began. Shower, perfume, makeup, hair, dress, shoes, accessories, next girl. I did everybody's makeup and although most of them seemed hesitant to trust me with the makeup stick thingie, they all seemed mildly satisfied with the work I did. I, naturally was last and yet still, somehow finished faster than everyone else. I slipped into my dress then grabbed my dance knife and we walked out the door.
James, Lily, Sirius, Remus and the rest of the girls went by Portkey, while I remained behind so that Sirius, for one, couldn't see my dress, and for two, so that I could grab my twin katanas. Not because I was actually going to kill what's her face but because I had a bad feeling about tonight. Something was going to happen and it's always good to be prepared for those situations. After performing a few spells on them I walked out into the living room and apparated away to the Durmstrang castle, right outside the Eating Hall where the dance was going on. In a swift movement, I opened the doors and walked in. All eyes turned towards me as they usually did. I made eye contact with Sirius and chuckled when I saw his eyes scan my body and the dress I was wearing. I walked down the stairs to shift through the crowd as people started dancing once again, finally content with letting me be. After a while, Sirius finally found me and sat down next to where I was at the punch table.
He waited a few songs before it finally reached a song that I remembered very well. The same song we had first danced to. 
He turned to me and grinned mischievously before taking my hand," Dance with me?"
I grinned and nodded. And so we danced. And we danced some more. And some more. Until that feeling I had been getting the entire dance became extremely strong. And that was when the doors burst open, revealing the most hideous thing ever.
My sort of boyfriend's sort of ex.

A/N Oh my goodness sorry that this took so long! I've been super busy with school and sports that I don't even know what to do anymore. 

Anyways, I got tagged and I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do cuz I got tagged like three weeks ago and I don't remember. So I'm just going to write ten things about me:

1) I play cross country, soccer, ski, and more soccer.

2) I have one cat and one huge dog.

3) I love dances.

4) I have long brown hair.

5) I have green eyes.

6) I don't know how people do this.

7) I really want to stop here

8) Okay, how about this. You guys can ask some questions about me and in my next chapter, I'll answer some of them. It'd be easier for me and then you'd get the answers to the questions you wanted.

Hope you enjoyed this. And since I'm already changing the rules on this whole "tagging" thing I'm only going to tag one person because I love to annoy her effasophie. Love you guys!