Transformation

The class was exceptionally quiet today and rightly so. Today was the day we transformed. It had been a month since our first class and since I had last talked to James. I knew that I couldn't avoid him for long but I would be sure to make it last as long as possible. Sirius had... mostly forgiven James but was still refusing to sleep in their dorm. We slept either in the room or in my dorm for the past few weeks. James had come up to me several times in attempts to apologize and even though I knew he was truly sorry I was still angry.
"Alright guys! Time to become your animaguses! Don't be scared! Step right up to the front of the class and bring your potion! Don't take your mandrake leaf out of your mouth yet Chase! Alright I got extra time for this class so that you can adjust to your new form! And also! Relish in your last night of being human because for the next two weeks we will also be staying in those new forms so we can practice living in those forms! I convinced the potions professor to not do class for those weeks as well so no potions and the exercising class will now be solely dedicated to figuring out your new body.
"Okay! Now I need a volunteer for the first one!"
A couple people shuffled backwards but Weston stepped forward.
He walked up to the front of the class easily and turned to me," I trust you Tara. That's the only reason I'm coming up here first."
I nodded to him appreciatively before he spit out his mandrake leaf in the waste basket I had put next to him. He quickly downed the potion next then cast his Patronus which flowed gracefully out of his wand and disappeared into his body.
"Now Weston I want you to become the animal in mind and spirit and then you will become your animagus," I said in my best instructors voice.
His brow furrowed and suddenly his image seemed to ripple and change before there was suddenly a huge ass polar bear sitting in front of me. Carefully I draped a cloak over him so that he could change back so that he knew how to transform back to his human form. He did so and as usual the first transformation left him with no clothes. Then he changed back to polar bear form and walked to the edge of the classroom with only a few stumbles as he adjusted to his new form. One by one the class slowly became animaguses and one by one they lined up against the wall. After they all lined up finally I transformed. Slowly I stalked forward taking in each of their scents then flicked my tail before leaping onto a desk. I sat down carefully then transformed back to me then waved my hand, making all of the desks save the one I was sitting on disappear. The classroom became longer to the size of a warehouse and I jumped off the desk making that one disappear too.
"Let's start with running. After running you should have an easier time walking."
I transformed back into my lioness form and roared making them leap into action, some of them, for instance Weston and Max, adjusting to their new bodies quickly and breaking into a full on sprint whereas some such as Killian, the elephant, tripped and fell over their new bodies. I whipped around and sprung forward making my way into a fast sprint that was only rivaled by the other wild cats and the wolf. Just before I hit the wall I skidded to a stop while the rest either slammed into the wall or at least ran into it somewhat gently. Killian was last as he finally adjusted to his huge new body and was actually making decent time in running towards us. Then we all scrambled to the side as he found himself unable to stop. After a few more runs back and forth they seemed to get the hang of it and we began to attempt other things such as climbing stairs, I didn't make Killian do that, walking on beams of wood, which I did make Killian do once I conjured a plank that would actually hold his weight. Later in the week we would be focusing on fighting in these forms but for the moment just adjusting to the bodies would be good enough.
Soon the bell rang and our free period began and the class began accioing their clothes while I went to go meet Sirius outside of his classroom. He grinned when he saw me and soon there were the others following him out my brother in the lead. When James saw me his head hung low and he didn't even try to approach me. That was how I decided that this had gone on long enough. I gave Sirius a quick kiss before walking past him and to my brother.
"James," I sighed as he started to walk away," James listen to me."
He looked up at me and I cringed inside as his big Bambi like eyes seemed to fill with tears. I shook my head and opened my arms. His lip quivered like a little kids and he walked over to me carefully before throwing his arms around my shoulders bending over to try to bury his face in my shoulder.
"James," I chuckled softly," you're too tall to do that now."
"I'm sorry, Tara," he whimpered.
"I know James. I'm sorry too."
We just stayed like that for a few seconds before I pulled away and grinned at him," Come on James let's all go outside."
He smiled down at me almost all traces of his near cry gone. Lily walked up to me and looped her arm through mine and we began to walk down the hall.
"Hey Lily!" Sirius hollered after her," That's my girlfriend!"
"Not anymore!" Lily called back," she's mine now!"
"Fine! Then I'm taking James!"
They skipped by, arm in arm, huge grins on their faces. Lily and I took one look at each other and burst out laughing before charging after them, Marlene, Remus, Tonks, and Molly and Arthur close behind.
We quickly made it outside where a chilly breeze blew over us as we started to walk casually down the stair to the Durmstrang Lake. Suddenly I had an idea.
"Hey guys! Come on follow me!" I said as I began to trot away. They followed quickly and a few minutes later I brushed away the damp willow branches that hung around the clearing. Then the clear, steaming pools reflected the glistening drops of water that hung off the leaves of the willows. Gasps of awe came from the others behind me as they walked into the sheltered area. Crystal clear water reflected the blue sky and the sun. I dipped my toe in as I had walked out of the castle barefoot(those soft carpets are amazing) and let out a quiet sigh as the hot spring enveloped my foot. The others were dipping their fingers in and were looking at each other in shock as the warm water embraced their cold hands.
"How is it warm?" my brother asked incredulously.
I shrugged," Naturally. Something to do with geothermal stuff. I come down here every once in a while."
Too soon the ringing of the bell brought us back to the school but not before we decided to meet there that evening to swim.
So after the last potions class for two weeks I calmly walked down to the pool in my bathing suit with a towel wrapped around my waist and six trays of food floating in the air in front of me.  The others were already there and helped me with the trays. I was about to jump into the water when Sirius picked me up bridal style and took a running jump into the warm pool causing me to shriek with laughter as we flew through the air. I popped up out of the water still laughing while Sirius swam around me and grabbed me around the waist from behind, laughing. We heard splashing and suddenly everybody else was in the pool splashing about as the stars shone overhead. After a while we all drifted off to separate areas of the large pool and began to eat. Sirius pulled me onto his lap as we sat down on a step I had created a while ago. The willow branches draped down covering us from the others.
"For the next two weeks I'm going to be staying in my animagus form. The class I'm teaching has to adjust to their's so I figured I'd join them."
He nuzzled my neck," When does that start?"
"Tomorrow," I said quietly.
He looked at me a flash of sadness going through his eyes," But Tara..."
I hummed," I know but if everybody else has to go through then I should have to go through it too."
He let out a whine," Even at night?"
I nodded softly," I'll give them one break in the middle of the two weeks but that's it."
He sighed and buried his face in the crook of my neck. I heard splashing as the others climbed out of the pool, leaving us there alone soon after. Muffled goodnights drifted through the trees as they left. I grabbed my wand and flicked it carefully causing the pool to suddenly light up as the glass I had put at the bottom of the pool long ago reflected the light that now flickered beneath it. Carefully I detached myself from Sirius's hands and ducked under the water swimming around a bit until I swam back over to him and climbed back into his lap pressing my now wet forehead to his dry one. My arms encircled his neck and his hands gently grabbed my waist.
"Two weeks," I whispered," that's all."
Our lips met.
We parted a few seconds later for him to say," Two weeks... I can do that."