War

The funeral for the boy was held the next day. We had seen his parents walk into the hall but we only heard the occasional bang from the room they had just dedicated to this sort of thing. The whole group jumped back as the doors slammed open and the Durmstrang guys marched by, Tara at the head of the line. In an instant, she flung her arms out and catapulted into the air as arrows flew from the walls. She was chanting in Bulgarian. We followed the procession quietly as Tara continued to float through the air, chanting. When she drifted to the ground, she rolled then stood up and made eye contact with me. Her eyes were hard, emotionless. A short dagger of black shadows rose in front of her before it slammed into the earth with such impact that it shook the ground beneath me. A figure with huge wings rose from the ground.

"Thanatos. He is yours," she spoke coldly.

The figure bowed to her and the boy, who had not been put in a coffin suddenly stood from the platform he had been carried out on. He looked to his father and nodded, a solemn frown on his face before stepping forward to embrace his wailing mother. Then, he turned and, nodding to Thanatos, disappeared. 

Thanatos looked at Tara expectantly and she flipped him a gold coin," Make sure to see he is well tended to. I do not intend to find him anywhere but Elysium."

Thanatos nodded to her, slipped the coin into his coat pocket and turned to me suddenly," Trust your heart, boy, it will help you survive."

He sank to one knee and leaned forward to whisper something in Tara's ear, to which she nodded slowly, before he stood and walked into the pit of darkness. The people began to leave, trailing back to the castle, but Tara stayed where she was, before reaching into her pocket and finding herself another coin, which she flipped before, spraying the air with mist, creating rainbows and tossing it into one of the rainbows, murmuring something I didn't quite catch.

It shocked me when a face appeared in the rainbow. It was a young man who was breathing hard as if he had just stopped running.

He looked a little annoyed, but gave a cheerful expression," Tara, I was in the middle of an instant delivery, what do you need?"

Tara smiled a little," I need to talk to you, Hermes. I have a message to deliver. And it needs to be done quickly."

"Can't we do it over the IM? I've gotta keep going. Don't really have time to stop. George and Martha have been getting emails all day."

"I just need a favor. You'll stop by right?"

Hermes sighed," Yeah, I'll be there in two minutes, I just gotta make a stop by Portugal real quick, Dionysus is partying over there and I have to get a message to him."

"Okay."

She turned to me and I asked the million galleon question," Who was that?"

She raised a brow and smirked a bit," My side bitch. Why do you ask?"

I rolled my eyes," Who was it really?"

"Fine, fine. He's the messenger god, I need him to take a message for me."

"What message?"

"Can't tell you that. It's a tiny bit secretive. Gotta get it to the other gods before it gets out."

I nodded," Okay. I'll wait for you inside."

She breathed a sigh of relief," Good, I thought you were going to be stubborn and tell me you were going to wait until I was forced to knock you out and send you back to the castle."

I smiled," Oh, I'm not letting you off the hook. I still want to know."

She chuckled," Good luck, babe. See you in a bit."

Tara's POV

A minute after Sirius left, a huffing Hermes appeared beside me, bending over so that he could breathe easier.

I rolled my eyes," Hermes, I've told you countless times to just work out with me. You wouldn't be breathing this hard if you did."

"Sorry... Tara. But... I'm... good."

I scoffed," Clearly."

A couple seconds later, he caught his breath and stood up, suddenly fine," Alright, Tara. Watcha got for me?"

"Top Secret from Hades himself. Sent a message up with Thanatos. Tartarus is restless. It's anticipating something. Something huge that is on the way. Hades needs a bit more support in containing it. Some of the major monsters have been escaping and killing souls. A couple of Titans have gotten out and tried to take over the Underworld. Something big is coming, and whatever it is... well... it intends to wipe out as much as possible. Tell the Council to gather and call me if needed. I have a feeling it's related to the disturbance going on up here. Magical disturbance."

His face went serious," Tartarus hasn't stirred in millennia. How is it possible that it stirs now because of one very evil magical being?"

I held a finger up and pointed it at him," You just answered your own question. Voldemort can be killed, but when he goes to the Underworld, well, we'll need to keep an eye on him. He's willing to do anything to gain more power, even if it means getting help from somebody more powerful than him."

"So you're afraid that when he gets killed, he might be able to come back?"

"Oh he'll already be able to come back, but he will have a long enough visit to the Underworld for him to find the power he's looking for. And that power happens to be in Tartarus. We can't let him get to that power. If he gets a hold of that power... I don't think even Zeus will be able to stop him."

Hermes looked at me with wide eyes," He'd die to get more power?"

I shrugged," Unfortunately, it wouldn't surprise me. Now go. I need to organize my school since the Headmaster can't do it himself. I need to prepare for battle."

"Good luck, Tara."

He disappeared in a cloud of dust. I walked away, stalking into the castle and into the weapons room. A knife into the wall opened the secret passage. And down the spiral stairs I went, into the catacombs the school was built upon.

3rd Person

The students of Hogwarts watched as the Durmstrang students marched through the halls, wands out. They marched in such an orderly fashion that it shook the castle. They reached the Eating Hall and each table was taken into the ground by a trapdoor system of sorts. Then, as one, the students dropped to one knee, shaking the ground. They thrust their wands into the air, and each one released a gold spark. 

In an instant, the wands were away and knives were out. A chant rang out from one of them, followed by another and another and another until they were all chanting. The knives turned white and the gold sparks traveled back down, hitting the metal and disintegrating the knives in one blow. 

Directly underneath them, chanting erupted from the girl in the catacombs, a glow coming from her in a color that could not be described as anything except brightness. The sparks hit the knives and her knife went into a diamond shaped hole in the wall. Light flew out of the cracks of the catacombs and the girl turned and walked away, calmly. 

She entered the Eating Hall next and went to the head of the Durmstrang students who stared at her with piercing gazes as she produced the last knife and, kneeling, drove it into the diamond hole in ground. Enveloped in light, one word could be heard, in Bulgarian.

"WAR!"

The cry echoed for miles around.

A/N Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long, I've been trying to get inspiration for this story while writing several others that I haven't published yet. I'll try to update more often! Love you guys!