Home Sweet Home

Tara's POV
I charged through the hallways on the train screaming muggle Christmas carols, listening to hear people who knew them all join along as I went. I was actually running around for a reason. I was almost to the point of claustrophobia. Or as my brother and the Durmstrang boys would call it: ADHD attack. I slammed into a door suddenly when attempting to do a spin but luckily it was only the Marauders compartment. Sirius suddenly leaped out grabbed me by the waist and placed a gentle hand over my mouth effectively shutting me up. He put his lips to my ear and began whispering.
"Tara you need to calm down okay. If we need to we can send you outside and let you ride Riptide and you can be with the sky."
I nodded and he smiled. He picked me up and carried me into the compartment. My brother glared a little but I sent him a smirk.
"Open the window," Sirius said.
James looked at him quizzically but did what he said. Sirius lifted me up to the window and I grinned at my brother who started to yell at Sirius. I let out a piercing whistle before nodding at Sirius. He threw me out the window and my brother tried to dive after me and grab me. Tide got me first as I fell through the air. I could have used my powers to fly but oh well. He grabbed me and we took off as I whooped in pure joy.
That was a risky take off Tara.
"Oh well Tide it doesn't matter. I'm fine."
He snorted and rolled his large eyes before flying faster and in a different direction as the train to make it to King's Cross faster. We made it there in no time at all and five minutes later the Hogwarts Express arrived. Tide flew off quickly after double checking I would meet him at Potter Mansion. James tore off the train with the others close behind and collided with me in a giant hug.
"You can't do that to me Tara. I thought you were going to die."
I smirked," Aw little brother you do love me."
He pushed away from suddenly and I turned to see my mother and father.
"MUM!!! DAD!!!" I yelled as I leaped at them.
I crashed into them at full velocity and they barely caught me in a huge hug. They laughed at how excited I was to see them and started to squish me in between them in a hug. I wriggled myself out of it somehow because they were starting to suffocate me. My mother had tears in her eyes and clearly was trying not to cry but failing miserably. Eventually she gave all together and threw her arms around me sobbing. I wasn't quite sure what to do. Most of my time was spent with rowdy boys, so I didn't know how to deal with this. I sent James and pleading look as I awkwardly patted her on the back.
James finally saved me," Come on guys. She gets all attention? Your only son is here as well. And he wants to introduce you to someone."
I rolled my eyes. My brother definitely was not the sharpest tool in the shed. I was released and I immediately began dramatically swaying as though I was getting a rush of oxygen and put my hand to my chest as my mother swooped over to James to give him a hug along with Sirius. She then stopped at Lily.
"Mum, this is Lily, Lily Evans."
She was swooped into a hug as well by my mother. And my father just chuckled.
"You sure know how to pick 'em son."
Both Lily and James turned bright red at that. Soon we were asked to grab one of their arms and seeing as there was not enough arms for all of us I grabbed Sirius and told them that I would take him. They looked a bit confused but nodded and on the count of three, we all apparated away. Sirius and I landed right on the doorstep of Potter Mansion while the others landed a bit further back. I waited for my parents to unlock the door instead of breaking in(I had discovered people didn't appreciate this either). I then walked into my home. I smelled the air. It smelled like cinnamon and vanilla. And I grinned widely. I sprinted up the stairs and burst into my room, Lily close behind me. In my room I happily threw my stuff onto the floor before I took my wand and cast a quick spell. I suddenly remembered Lily was in the room with me as my stuff began flying around and into my drawers and closet. I tackled Lily as a shoe nearly nailed her in the back of the head. I held her there for a little while before the things stopped flying around. I rolled off of her and then as she set her stuff down ran to the stairwell where I slid down the downstairs launched off of them, flew for a little bit and landed right on Sirius on the couch. He let out a shout of surprise as I made myself comfortable in his lap as he began to chuckle. He wrapped his arms around my waist and put his chin on my shoulder humming. I grinned before adjusting my position so I was lying down with my head on his lap. He began playing with my hair.
"I have an idea for tomorrow," I said.
He looked at me with an eyebrow raised.
"We're gonna decorate the house with Christmas lights!" I said excitedly throwing my hands in the air and accidentally hitting him in the face.
He wrinkled his nose and I looked at the fire that had started in the fireplace. He grinned down at me and I looked up and grinned back.

James's POV
Lily pulled me back to my room from where we had been watching my sister and Sirius. She sat on my floor and looked up at me before patting the ground in front of me indicating I should sit down. I did so quickly.
Her eyes were wide with mischievousness and the next thing she said she said with such excitement that I almost jumped.
"We have to get those two together!"
I sat there for a second astonished before:
"But... That's my sister."
She rolled her eyes," No duh genius but did you see how happy she was with him there? You want her to be happy right? Then we need to get them together."
I got a little excited and nodded," They would look good together."
She squealed," Oh my gosh! They so would!"
I chuckled but sobered up quickly and slowly looked up into her eyes.
"Lily. I.. um... Would you maybe... um... Maybe... Go to the dance with me?" I said hesitantly.
She grinned and grabbed my hands," For the first time James. Yes."
I looked down without processing what she said," Oh... Well. Wait WHAT!! Seriously!?"
She smirked and nodded," Yes James Potter I will go with you to the dance."
"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PADFOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE SAID YES!!!!!!!!"
Sirius's head snapped up as I tripped and fell down the stairs on my way down. Lily was leaning against the banister and rolling her eyes.
"Padfoot come do a victory lap with me!"
He chuckled," I would mate but your sister... kind of fell asleep."
I shrugged," Be back soon then."
And I took off whooping the whole time.

Sirius's POV
I laughed as James left but quickly shut up as Tara mumbled in her sleep and turned and buried her face in my thigh a little too close to my happy place. I blinked gently at her before shifting so I could pick her up easily bridal style. I stood up with her in my arms. She was surprisingly light for her strength. She rolled over a little and buried her head in my chest with a little sigh. I smiled softly as I carried her up the stairs to her room. She was so cute when she slept. Her small fist grabbed onto my shirt as I began to set her down on her red and gold bed. And she wasn't letting go. I sighed and laid down next to her on my side. Within an instant she had snuggled up to me her head in the crook of my neck. Glad I had closed the door I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer. I shifted slowly into a more comfortable position. Her hand still gripped my shirt and her other hand pressed against my chest. I leaned forward and gently kissed her on the forehead before slowly falling asleep.

A/N: K guys. Here you go. Hope you enjoyed the mostly mushy chapter. ❤️❤️❤️☺️