Summer

A/N this chapter goes over the time of a couple of months. Just a forewarning!

Tara's POV
After that little incident I told Dumbledore to stop giving me so many assignments. Sure I could handle it all but with Sirius and James and all of my friends getting worried about me, I just couldn't risk it anymore. Plus I needed to start preparing for next year at Durmstrang. Durmstrang just wasn't as safe as Hogwarts so as soon as the guys were told we got straight to work on how to Hogwarts proof our castle. Of course it wouldn't be too hard, just a few tweaks here and there so that a wall wouldn't fall where it normally would, the ax at the entrance of the Eating Hall wouldn't attempt to kill people, random statues wouldn't suddenly attack and the pullcords would be given the helpful landing area. There were a few more modifications that we would need to make once we got there but those could wait till later. None of these modifications would be permanent of course, in fact a couple of them would be interchangeable with magic. The pullcords were one of these things. Let's just say I tended to run into the beginner's platforms which was never good for my health. Broken bones and crap like that. Not good. So we had a few meetings for that. The weeks passed so quickly. Sirius and I were better than ever. James and Lily were going strong. Tonks and Remus had finally gotten together in May and now it was the last week of school and Durmstrang had to go back home. Now I had to go back to my castle. I would be back within a month because I needed to be on Olympus for a while. The first two days of the week were strictly for testing but at the end of the week everything was free. It was for hanging out and packing up. So Sirius and I were making the most of it and were hanging out as often as possible. He and I were now sitting on a hill that overlooked the Black Lake on our last day together. A Sunday. I grinned at him as we talked about meaningless things before the sun began to set. A small house elf appeared and grinned at us before setting out the plates for dinner. Candles appeared around us so that we would be able to see. I smiled happily and leaned over to give him a soft kiss.
"Thank you for all of this Sirius," I said quietly.
He looked at me, brows furrowed," Are you okay Tara?"
I nodded softly, leaning against him.
"Tara, what's wrong?"
I looked down and slowly pulled away from him so that I could face him," It's just. A month is a long time, Sirius. I'm afraid you'll find someone else, someone better for you and- well- I just can't stand the thought of that."
He looked at me and gently grabbed my hand," Tara I will never leave you for as long as I live. I promise."
I looked up at him and for the second time ever, he saw tears in my eyes," You don't know that Sirius. What if you find a girl better than me? What if she's prettier or smarter-"
He cut me off by slamming his lips to mine then pulling away gently and pressing his forehead against mine," Tara. Listen. I will never leave you. No matter what happens. I will always be yours. I love you."
I pulled him close and smashed my lips to his. After a few seconds I pulled away.
"I love you too," I breathed.
He grinned and kissed me again. That night was the best I would have in a while.

The next day the Durmstrang kids got up early to get ready to go. I sat in the Gryffindor Common Room looking at my hands and smiling as I remembered all of the good times I had here this year. A tired looking Sirius suddenly stumbled out of the boys dorm and walked over to me with his puppy dog eyes coming on.
"Do you have to go?" he whined.
"Yes Sirius, I do," I whispered.
He sighed and I scooted over and rested my head on his chest as he wrapped his arm around my waist. I nuzzled his neck a little bit before sighing myself.
"Is there any way I can visit this Olympus?" he asked.
I chuckled and shook my head," I wish, but mortals aren't really allowed on it."
He groaned and buried his face in my hair," Whyyyyyyyyyy?"
I grinned and gave him a small kiss on the collar bone," Because silly. You would most likely be incinerated. And I don't want that to happen."
He sighed again," What time do you have to go?"
I looked up at him," What time is it now?"
He rubbed his eyes," Like... seven in the morning."
"Then in about half an hour."
He whined a little," Nooooo."
I turned and gave him a small kiss on the lips this time," Let's go get breakfast."
We slowly walked down to the kitchens to get breakfast hand in hand. We finished quickly and began to walk down to the lake where I would be taking off. Tide walked over with loud stomps five minutes before we left. My Durmstrang friends were all saying good bye to new girlfriends with kisses and hugs and promises to write. I turned to Sirius and gave him a long kiss.
"I love you Sirius," I said.
"I love you more. I'll see you soon," he replied.
I gave him one more kiss before turning and climbing onto Tide. I saw from here that Lily, James, Remus, and Tonks were waving at me from the entrance of Hogwarts. I raised an arm and waved back before looking down at Sirius as Tide began flapping his wings.
"I love you!" I shouted.
"I love you too!" I read off his lips and Tide gained more and more elevation.
And we flew, me looking back at him before facing forward as he turned into a speck in my vision.
The last week of Durmstrang was quick and passed by without a failure. Everyone was happy to be back at our castle but there was a tinge of sadness to the happiness. It sounded like as soon as school ended, most of the guys would be going back to England to visit their girlfriends. Soon I was on my way to America on Tide's back and landing on Mt. Olympus. I had felt the difference in my actions and soon it was clear that the gods were being very put down by my unhappy attitude. I spent a lot of time in the training area as I usually did but at the same time more than usual. I had a picture of me and Sirius everywhere I went and we were constantly owling each other back and forth. Three weeks after I had got to Olympus and several injuries later the gods called me to meet with them. I didn't know why but I grabbed my weapons anyway and went. After settling down in my throne the meeting began as the gods began to come.
Grandfather started," Tara it has come to our attention that you are not as happy as you usually are. As princess of Olympus, this depression puts a damper on all of us. Even Apollo's sun has dimmed slightly and the mortals are beginning to comment on their coolest summer ever. Due to this we will allow you to leave tomorrow to return to your friends and I assume boyfriend and all of us will be a whole lot happier again."
I blinked and then grinned widely and the mood in the room seemed to become happy suddenly as I basically jumped out of my seat and leaped around flapping my arms around wildly," YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU GRANDFATHER!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!"
I danced out of the room.

James POV
Sirius had been depressing this summer. He was always down, hardly slept, hardly ate and never pranked. It was just sad and it was bringing me down. He always walked around in these boring depressing clothes. I had been owling my sister and from what I had gotten from her, she was in the same condition just more... violent. Suddenly I heard a shout of pure joy from Sirius where he had been sitting in the living room. I ran to the room to find him.

Tara's POV
I could hardly wait as I danced around the next day. I hadn't gotten any sleep the night before much like the other nights of the summer. I was going to surprise Sirius. And my brother of course. But mostly Sirius. My grandfather finally nodded to me and I practically leaped into the fireplace and shouted," POTTER MANSION!!!"
I was sucked away quickly and spit out in the living room of my home. I saw him and my vision tunneled. He was in grey sweatpants and a gray sweatshirt and was lounging on the couch. His head snapped up as I tumbled onto the ground, not even bothering to catch myself as I scrambled back up and launched myself at him. He recognized me immediately and let out a shout of joy before I landed on him and, straddling his waist and grabbing the back of his head before slamming my lips to his as his arms snaked around my waist and held me to him firmly. His lips matched my frantic pace as he slipped his tongue into my mouth quickly, sitting up slightly as he pulled me closer to him. I heard someone enter then exit the room but ignored it as I wrapped my legs tightly around his waist. He sat against the arm of the couch and brought me closer to him holding me tightly to him. I tangled my hands in his long hair and squeezed him tighter with my legs, desperate to make sure we wouldn't be separated again. And make sure he felt the same way. His grip around my waist tightened and his hand crept under my shirt to my scar. He brushed his thumb over it and my grip tightened in his hair. We finally parted for lack of air and breathing hard we sat there, me on his lap.
"Thought... A... Month," he gasped out.
"They... Let me go... Early," I said sucking in deep breaths. "Apparently... I was dampening their... Good moods."
We paused for a moment, gulping air.
"So I'm guessing you haven't been getting much sleep either?" I asked.
He shook his head," I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat."
I nodded," Same."
He looked at me as he pressed his forehead against mine," I love you."
I pulled him close and kissed him again before pulling away and breathing," I love you too."

A/N sorry it's a bit short this time. Hope you enjoyed!