The Argument

A/N: the tip for this chapter is to just keep reading and don't stop.

Tara's POV
A month later just after Easter break I walked into the Common Room, swearing with some very colorful language and holding onto my newly injured leg from my latest escapade. Ever since about the end of March, Dumbledore started sending me on trips to destroy Death Eater hideouts and so on and every other one, I came back injured. I knew that it was starting to bother James and Sirius but I convinced them that I was fine. This time, however, I could tell James wasn't going to have any of it. He stalked up to me as fast as he could without looking overly angry.
"What is this?" he asked indignantly, gesturing to my wound.
I rolled my eyes and replied," A wound James. Chill out."
He stepped in front of me before I could make my escape up to the girl's dormitory," Tara! I can't let you keep going out and returning with gashes like this. It's not good for you."
He had attracted most of the attention in the Common Room and I glared at him and hissed," Can't we discuss this later James?"
"NO! WE NEED TO DISCUSS IT RIGHT NOW!" he shouted.
I growled and bared my teeth at him a little," I'm not stopping fighting James. I haven't ever stopped before. I live at Durmstrang where there is no end to injuries."
"Well now I'm here and I think that you need to stop or you might need some serious protection because for Merlins' sake Tara you leave almost every other day for an "assignment"! And every other one of those days you come back with a serious injury. Sirius back me up here!"
Sirius glanced at James from where had been watching the fight and then back at me," He's right Tara. We're worried about you. You leave more than the Death Eaters at school here."
I growled a little louder," What?"
James glared at me," You're leaving more the Death Eaters here. Sirius and I have begun to suspect."
I raised my eyebrows," Suspect what?"
"That you might be one of You Know Who's inner circle," Sirius said.
I was lost for words," How- how dare you even-"
Sirius narrowed his eyes," But it would make sense. You disappear at Christmas and come back and none of us know what happened. James's parents are too terrified to recount what happened so we can only assume that since you started leaving more often for more "assignments" that you might be a serious Death Eater."
I stuttered," Y- you think I'm a Death Eater?" I grew louder. "YOU THINK I'M A DEATH EATER!?"
"WELL WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO THINK!? MY GIRLFRIEND KEEPS DISAPPEARING EVERY OTHER DAY AND SHE LIKES TO KILL PEOPLE! WHAT DOES THAT USUALLY MEAN??!"
"GODS DAMNIT SIRIUS YOU KNOW I'M NOT A DEATH EATER! I FIGHT FOR THE GOOD SIDE!! THAT'S WHY I'M HERE!"
"OH REALLY THEN TELL ME WHO HAS BEEN GIVING YOU THE ASSIGNMENTS?!"
My voice went down to a whisper," I can't tell you but if you think it's Voldemort who's giving me assignments then I guess we can't be together. If you can't trust me then we can't be together. Here you can have your gods damned necklace back."
The necklace wrapped itself around my wrist tightly. I cursed.
"APHRODITE I SWEAR I WILL SLIT YOUR THROAT!!"
The necklace went limp and I threw it at Sirius before turning and half running half limping out of the Common Room towards Hogsmeade.

Sirius's POV
I felt tears come to my eyes as I bent down to pick her necklace up before pocketing it and walking out the door behind Tara. I started stalking to the Room of Requirement and within thirty minutes I was there having been stopped by Slughorn for a few minutes. I walked in the door to find the room already set on something. The roof had been taken off and there was Tide curled around a sofa that Tara was sitting on. Three bottles of Firewhiskey already surrounded her and she was halfway through her fourth. Her wound was bleeding onto the couch since she hadn't been able to cure it without going to the girl's dorm. Tide growled at me as she drained about half of what was left in the bottle in one gulp. She glanced over at me and laughed.
"Hey look Tide! It's my ex!" she slurred. "Thought I was a Death Eater. He did."
I sighed and my shoulders slumped as I walked over to her and grabbed a bottle of Firewhiskey on the way before opening it up and taking a huge swig.
"So... Here to drink your problems away too, eh, Black?" she asked.
"What's it to you Potter?"
"Well. I'd like to know why put the idea into your head that I was a Death Eater."
"I don't know it just happened that that was what I was thinking at the time. I don't know why but I felt the need to blurt it out."
She leaned forward," Were there any of your exes in there? That wanted you so desperately they wanted to break us up. Cuz it totally worked."
She gestured to the bottles of Firewhiskey and mimed drinking one. I handed her one. She popped it open and gulped half of it down. I popped open my second one and gulped it down.
"Come to think of it," I gestured to her with my bottle," there was a girl there that was determined to break us up."
We discussed this a little more but didn't go much further on the subject. The bleeding from her wound was still coming steadily but we dismissed it as a simple spillage from the Firewhiskey not remembering what it actually was. It was about four in the morning when we both passed out from the alcohol, me having had seven bottles and her at a total of ten, though we didn't remember at that point in the night. I didn't even realize her wound was still bleeding steadily.
I woke up that morning with a raging headache and quickly turned to the table where there was bottles of hangover potions instead of Firewhiskey. I took a few drops of the strongest one and was immediately better. I looked around and almost missed Tara. She was still asleep. But there was something wrong for sure. She was pale as a sheet. I saw the damp cushion that she had been sitting on last night and discovered it was damp with blood not Firewhiskey. She was hardly breathing. That's when I remembered that last night when she had come back from her adventure, she had been injured and James hadn't let her up into the girl's dorm to get her stuff to heal it. Apparently it had been worse than she assumed. I scooped her up and felt that she was limp before tearing out the door. I ran faster than I ever had before. I needed to save her. I loved her and she thought that I didn't trust her. She thought that I thought that she was a Death Eater. I ran into the Hospital Wing and cried out.
"POPPY!!!"
She came bustling around the corner and gasped when she saw the near dead witch in my arms. I couldn't help but feel guilty and feel as though it were my fault that she was like this. Most of the time when she was near death she would have died knowing I loved her but this time she might die thinking that I thought she was a Death Eater. Poppy healed the wound quicker than a flash and then gave Tara the most powerful blood replenishing potion she knew of. Tara's color came rapidly back to her face. I sighed in relief and held onto her hand.
Suddenly a voice squealed," Oh my goodness Siri- poo! Why are you in here you poor thing! Are you hurt?"
A girl who was literally wearing less than a bathing suit ran in and began hugging me and attempting to tear my shirt open.
"I saw you in here Siri and I just knew that you'd need me. Why are you in here with her anyway? Remember she's the killer who just broke up with you. She's evil!"
I turned to her," My girlfriend is not evil Melinda and what the hell do you think you're doing? Trying to strip me?"
"It's Marissa and of course she's evil, remember how many people she's killed?" She whimpered. "And you used to like this kind of stuff."
"Well Melinda I don't like that kind of stuff anymore only if it's from my girlfriend not from some sl*t. Also it doesn't matter how many people she has killed at least she hasn't used an Unforgivable Curse like you did on me and James yesterday. You wanted us to say that stuff just so you could attempt to break me and Tara up. I can't believe you would even try something that could put yourself in Azkaban with the dementors."
She narrowed her eyes," I was desperate. You've never fallen for any girl like this and you know that you don't want that kind of relationship. It's not right for you. I figured I could remind how you used to be before you became this little bitch's boy toy. It would've been for the best and it would've been worth it for me too."
I narrowed my eyes and opened my mouth to say something but a weak voice cut me off," Honestly, Melinda-"
"Marissa!"
"Whatever," Tara said," though it took me some time I did recognize that they were showing symptoms of the Imperious Curse but that was last night and I was way too drunk to do anything about it. In case you're wondering, Sirius was with me. Now it would be nice if you could leave."
"You did it last night?"
Tara smirked," Now I didn't say that. But if you decide to tell anyone that juicy piece of information just know that I will come after you and hunt you to the grave now. Leave."
The girl stomped her foot but didn't leave or say anything.
Tara looked at me and held out her hand," Sirius, can I have Pathes back?"
I handed her the necklace," It was always yours to begin with."
The moment it touched her hand it transformed into a knife and she wrenched herself into a sitting position and raised her arm as if preparing to throw the knife. Right at Melinda. She turned and ran, smart girl. As soon as she was gone I turned to Tara and gave a quick gentle kiss.
"I really am sorry Tara. I would've fought it if I had known."
"Hey it's okay. I understand."
"No! I couldn't've dealt with it if you had died without knowing that I loved you."
A soft smile came onto her face," I knew Sirius. I promise I knew and I love you too. Okay? I love you too."
I grinned and leaned forward to give her a kiss.
"Now," she said," you mind helping me sneak out of this place. I get bored here really easily. And it's too bright for a place where people almost die."
I laughed and helped her up, put her arm around my shoulders and snuck her out.

A/N here you guys go sorry if you got your heart wrenched out. I certainly did.