Chapter Twelve: Ezra Stryker's Anxiety

@MadHop82 : I am totally in love with this book and I cannot wait for be next update! ❤️❤️

I'm glad you're in love with it ! Thanks for the sweet comment x

—•—•—•—•—

[Unedited]
AlandaRose as Alanda Torres

The woman disappeared within the crowds of North High. Her gaze was kept tightly on Zayn as he walked through the crowds towards his first class of the day. She stood in the entrance way of the office as she waited patiently to meet with the school secretary. She snapped a picture of the teen and sent it off to the only contact in her phone just as her name was called out.

"Ms. Torres?" the woman spun around on her heel and offered the secretary- Ms. Langley, a fake smile.

"Your badge has been verified. We the faculty at North High appreciate you filling in for Mr. Mitchell as he is out recovering from surgery for the remainder of the year!" Ms. Langley said as she handed Ms. Torres her badge and room key.

"It's not a problem! And please, call me Alanda," Ms. Torres- Alanda politely spoke.

"Well I'm more than happy to give you a tour of the building seeing as you have a free period at the moment," Ms. Langley smiled as she handed Alanda the school map, a list of students she had in each class, and other documents she'll need for the rest of the year.

"Actually, I was wondering if Ezra Stryker was free to give me that tour? He's an old friend of mine who works here," Alanda inquired as an unreadable yet dangerous expression danced in her eyes. She pushed up her purple rimmed glasses that were slipping down her nose.

"Ah, Ezra! He's a beloved teacher around here. Of course, just let me see if he's free at the moment," Ms. Langley disappeared back into her office only to return a few minutes later.

"It appears you're in luck! Mr. Stryker does have a free period as well. Let me walk you to his room," Ms. Langley said as she led the two of them out of the office. The two walked down the long, locker-lined corridor and paused in front of room twenty-eight. Ms. Langley knocked twice on the door before popping her head in.

Ezra looked up from his desk and smiled when he saw the school's secretary. Ms. Langley had been the first faculty member he'd spoken to and had become acquainted with.

"Ah, Ms. Langley! What can I for you?" he smiled as he stood up and walked over to her.

"We have a new teacher filling in for Mr. Mitchell and she said she was an old friend of yours and has asked for you to give her a tour around campus- that's if you're not busy of course," Ms. Langley smiled as he informed Ezra.

"An old friend?" Ezra scrunched his face in confusion as Ms. Langley pushed the door further open to reveal the woman standing behind her. Ezra felt the color drain from his face and his palms grow sweaty as he stared at the woman in front of him.

The familiar short brown hair that framed her face perfectly. Those blue eyes that highlighted her entire face and brought it to life. He couldn't miss the way her purple framed glasses stood out against any lighting and background in any situation.

He couldn't forget the woman who made his life pure hell.

"A-Alanda," he stuttered out, him not believing his eyes for a mere second. He blinked twice in hopes that this was just one twisted nightmare his brain wanted him to relive.

"Ezra!" Alanda faked her excitment as she threw herself onto him, "It's been so long! I've missed you!"

Ezra tensed up when her arms snaked around his neck. He fought back the horrid memories of the days he shared with her as his hands began to tremble against his sides. His heart began to accelerate in a dangerous pace. His mouth ran dry as Alanda kept her arms wrapped around him. He wanted nothing more than to push her off of him and lock the door. He wanted to escape his current reality now that Alanda found her way back into his life somehow.