A Christmas Special

Dedicated To All My Beautiful And Lovely Readers

Christmas Eve, Louis' Birthday

The family, minus Louis, gathered in the living room on a cold, bright Christmas Eve day. The day also known as Louis' birthday. Presents were lined up neatly in a row on the coffee table, right next to it was plates full of Louis' favorite breakfast foods. Everything arranging from hashbrowns to bacon to toast, and of course some tea. Louis couldn't go a day without having a cup of tea. 

"Shh," Niall quieted his family down as he heard feet hitting against the hardwood floor. Louis appeared seconds later in his pajamas, his hair disheveled, and was rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Happy birthday Louis!" the Payne family cheered, Liam rushed over to his son and pulling him into a bone crushing hug. 

"Thank you!" Louis squealed, pulling out of the hug, only to be brought into a hug by Niall. 

"My baby boy is 18, stop growing up!" Niall exclaimed, ruffling his already messed up hair.

"Dad!" Louis whined, shoving Niall off him. 

"Happy birthday man," Zayn smiled up at him, the two of them doing the handshake they made up.

"Thanks," Louis smiled.

"Happy birthday Lou!" Harry squealed, hugging him. Louis instantly hugged back.

"Well let's dig in then you can open your presents!" Liam said, gesturing over at the table that held everything. 

"My favorites!" Louis exclaimed, grabbing a plate and piling it high with almost everything on it, before sitting on the floor. He sighed in satisfaction has he took a sip of his tea and bit into a piece of bacon.

"Thank you guys," Louis smiled at them. 

"Anything for our birthday boy," Niall smiled back at him.

The family talked and ate, laughing over stories that Liam and Niall shared about Louis while he was growing up. Soon the plates were cleared and put away, the family gathered again in the living room for Louis to open presents. 

He ended up getting clothes, new music, and some cash from his parents.

Zayn got him some books Louis has been wanting along with a picture he drew for him. Zayn drew Louis as his favorite superhero, knowing it would mean a lot to him.

Lastly, Harry drew him a picture of the two of them together along with a necklace that said the world's best big brother. 

The day went on with the family doing all of Louis' favorite activities. Those activities including, singing, drawing, putting on a play, and sitting by the fire watching loads of films while indulging in lots of junk food and drinking some tea. 

By the end of the night, the whole family passed out in the living room, Louis having a big smiled on his face. He couldn't have wanted the day to go in other way, he was extremely happy. 

Christmas Day

The family woke to be greeted with blankets of soft and fluffy snow out their window. 

"It's a Christmas miracle!" Harry cheered, peering out the window at the untouched snow. In all the time they lived here, not once has it snowed on Christmas day. 

"Come, let's open presents then we can go to have some breakfast," Niall informed them, taking a seat on the couch with Liam next to him. The two shared a kiss before Liam wrapped an arm around his husband and Niall curled up against him as their sons began tearing open their Christmas gifts.

Louis received clothes, more music, some posters, tickets to see his favorite artist- James Bay, and some cash. 

Zayn received clothes, new music, tickets to see his favorite artist- Troye Sivan, a new sketch pad along with new art materials like color pencils, pens, sharpies, charcoal, oil pastels, and lastly some cash. 

Harry received new clothes, music, tickets to see his favorite artist- Hozier, new sketch pad and notebook, new materials to write and draw, and finally some cash. 

Finally, the kids all chipped in and brought their fathers world greatest dad mugs and cute other little knickknacks. 

Once all the gift giving came to an end, the family piled into the kitchen to began breakfast. Niall laid out an assortment of foods all from bacon, eggs, toast, hashbrowns, waffles, pancakes, and of course some tea and coffee. The Payne talked and ate, sharing their favorite memories from past Christmases. 

Today had been Zayn's first Christmas with the Payne's and it's been the best one yet. He rarely celebrated Christmas once he was put into the foster system but today made up for all those times he never got to celebrate. The Payne family never felt more happier and complete than they did now, celebrating Zayn's first Christmas since becoming a member of the family. 

"Let's head outside," Liam said, once everyone was fed and the dishes were cleaned. The family layered up and headed outside, a few families already outside enjoying the snow. Louis rolled a snowball and thew in the direction of Harry, it missing the younger boy and hitting Zayn. That's what started the family snowball fight. Zayn threw one back, hitting Louis square in the face. Harry joined in, then Liam, finally Niall. 

The day went on with snowman building and snow angel making. Two hours later they all piled back into the house as it began to snow again. The gathered in front of the fire, drinking hot chocolate and sharing stories about anything and everything, and watched some films. 

Halfway through the third film, Harry was the first to pass out, then Louis, then finally Zayn. Liam and Niall shared a loving look, carefully throwing blankets on each other their sons. Before heading towards the stairs.

"Today was an amazing day," Niall said, looking back at their sons. Zayn was passed out on the floor, Louis on the three-seated couch, and Harry on the love-seat.

"Yes it was, but you know," Liam smirked, wrapping his arms around his husband's waist, "the day isn't over yet. I still have yet to give you your present," Liam smirked again, pressing a soft kiss on the exposed part of Niall's neck. 

"Well then you have to give it to me now," Niall smirked back, leading him upstairs. The two went at it like they were teenagers again, even going for a second round, perfectly ending the Christmas day.

-----
A/N: Surprise ! Happy Holidays ! I know I haven't updated this book in forever but I decided why not add a Christmas surprise chapter ! I decided to keep the chapter short and simple because why not. I hope you all still enjoyed it ! I'm sorry if it's shitty, I tried my best to make it cute and shit haha. 

A new update time-  I know I haven't been posting in forever. I've just been extremely busy with school and trying to bring my grades back up( ya girl is failing Chemistry. Send help ) Not to mention my teachers decided to pile me with loads of projects and homework all due sometime in January and February. Anyways with that being said, this story, most definitely, 100 percent, will be returning sometime near the end of January or the beginning of February ! So keep a look out for that. If I don't return then, I give you all permission to slap me haha. 

Merry Christmas my loves !

Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate !

Happy Sunday to those who don't celebrate either !

As well as Happy New Year you beautiful people ! 

Have a safe and wonderful holidays and new year my loves. 

See you beautiful people next year x

All the love, Emmy x