Chapter Five: Shattered Hope

@mosi007 : Omg... I'm so addicted to this book, it's Soooooo good!!

—•—•—•—•—

IMPORTANT:  I just want to state that it's purely coincidental that my Ezra character matches the one in Pretty Little Liar. I've never even seen the show. Please don't comment about PLL and how Ezra is inspired by that character. I will change the character's name or actor if I need to due to the fact that the comments are getting a bit annoying(sorry if that sounded harsh but it's the truth). Thank you x 

———————————————

[Unedited]

1 Year Ago

Previously on Forgotten...

"Zayn? Zayn Payne?" the teacher called out, his eyes roaming around the class as he looked for the new student that would be joining his class today.

"Zayn! Is Zayn here?" he called out a little louder.

Zayn mumbled a few words as he slowly awoke from his nap.

"Last call, is Zayn Payne here?" the teacher called out once more. 

"Here," Zayn mumbled loudly, lifting his gaze up to see his teacher.

A light gasp escaped through his lips as he was met with a familiar pair of bright, intelligent cerulean eyes. 

—————

Zayn's leg bounced anxiously underneath his desk as his eyes were glued to the man in front of him. 

He blinked twice, making sure his eyes weren't deceiving him as he stared at the figure in front of him. 

This had to be some sick, twisted joke that the universe was playing on him. This couldn't be real. He refused to believe that it was. 

His eyes glanced over at the clock, two minutes until the end of the day. His hazel eyes remained on the clock that was slowly ticking, him refusing to the meet the gaze of his teacher. 

A minute to go.

Zayn was more than ready to make a run towards the exit. As dramatic as it sounded, he was ready to ask his counselor to switch classes. 

Twenty seconds to go.

Zayn was all packed up and ready to leave.

"Alright guys! We'll pick up this lesson next class. Please remember to do you reading on the Ottoman Empire. There will be a short quiz next class as well. Have a nice rest of the day!" Zayn's World History teacher announced just as the bell rang. The teen quickly got up and slung his backpack over his shoulder, accidentally shoving into some people as he ran towards the door.

"Zayn!" his teacher's voice stopped him in his tracks, "please stay behind. I want to speak with you," 

Zayn bit his bottom lip as he watched his classmates walk out the door. A minute later the last student walked out as his teacher closed the door behind them.

"Zayn," his teacher's voice called out, Zayn refusing to meet his gaze. The teen kept his gaze on the floor, too afraid to make any moves. He heard footsteps approach him and felt the body heat radiating off his teacher's body. A mere second later he felt a soft finger underneath his chin and his head being lifted up. His eyes being met with a pair of bright blue ones that he grew to be deeply infatuated with.