Chapter Three: New Friends and First Dates

@Halo_elfm : Feel like one of these stories which I could completely just read chapter atfer chapter after chapter!

—•—•—•—•—

[Unedited]

Dylan O'Brien as Jace
Ian Harding as Ezra

1 Year Ago

"I'm heading out," Zayn called out, grabbing his sweater and shrugging it on.

"Wait! Hold on! Where are you headed?" Niall asked, running out the kitchen and drying his hands on a hand towel.

"Just out. Thought I'd explore a little," Zayn said, shrugging a bit.

"Well alright then. Just be back before dinner and have your phone on you. Answer if Liam or I call," Niall said, heading back into the kitchen as Zayn headed out the door. He walked passed rows and rows of endless houses, admiring each other of them, how they held their own unique structure and families. Zayn looked up as he walked down the sidewalk, the sky was painted a bright blue, white clouds scattered around. He didn't know where he was going, he headed on this walk to not only explore but clear his mind. He thought about Ezra and his date. Did he really want to go on it? Of course he did, but was he ready is the real question. He thought back to his first actual date, that took place just a little over a year ago.

It was with his first boyfriend. Zayn was a nervous wreck considering he had never been on an actual date before. The guy showed up right on time, flowers in his hand. The date wasn't planned, they ventured out, taking it one step at a time. They first walked around, stumbling across a forest. They walked through it, discovering all sorts of things, including a small lake that became their special place after awhile. After that, they headed over to the local diner to grab a bite to eat. They talked about pointless things that was going on in their lives and what they wanted to do in the future. Once they finished eating, they headed to a field to watch the stars and talk some more, ending the perfect night with a perfect first kiss.

Zayn smiled at the memory, it was one of the few good ones he remembered from his past. Although he practically hated the guy now, he would always be grateful for their first date. Zayn continued thinking about Ezra, mentally preparing himself for Friday. Since Zayn wasn't paying attention to where he was going and was too caught up in his own thoughts, his body collided with another. Fortunately for the both of them, they only stumbled a bit backwards, neither of them hitting the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" Zayn exclaimed, staring up at a pair of hazel eyes that reminded him of his own. He panicked, hoping the stranger wasn't going to be an unpleasant person and start screaming at him.

"It's alright," a male voice calmly spoke. The calmness in his voice causing Zayn to relax a bit.

"You alright?" the guy asked, noticing Zayn looked a bit uneasy. Zayn nodded in reply, not trusting his voice a bit.

"Are you new here? I haven't seen you before," he asked, curiosity flickering in his eyes. The town was quite small, living here for a while, Jace had known almost who everyone is.

"Yeah," Zayn replied, sticking his hands into his sweater pockets.

"Well I'm Jace," the stranger- Jace introduced himself.

"I'm Zayn, nice to meet you," Zayn said, mustering a small smile.

"Nice to meet you too. Are you attending North High?" Jace questioned.