Chapter Four: A New School

@TheRealCam : I lovvvvveeeee your book. Glad you updated... and I'm from California 

—•—•—•—•—

[Unedited]

1 Year Ago

For as long as he could remember, Zayn always despised school. He hated everything that came with school. The stuck-up people who thought they were better than him, the stares he would get for being different, the teachers who couldn't give a single crap about him, and the pointless work was too much for him to handle.

School is what Zayn imagined a prison would be like. Each place had a bell that directed them to where to go and at what time. They're were security guards walking around, making sure people stayed out of trouble. They're were detained if they got caught doing something wrong. In much cases, Zayn didn't refer to school as one but much more of a prison. The upside of it all was that after enduring seven hours of complete bullshit, he actually gets to leave the shitty place.

Since he began his school career, Zayn has been to a total of eight different schools. With the moving around a lot, changing families, and locations, Zayn was bound to end up at many different schools.

Around his fourth school, he was just starting the sixth grade, Zayn began to distance himself from his peers rather than striking up conversations with them and creating new friendships. He figured what was the point in having friends if he was bound to leave again and start the process all over again.

However, that quickly changed when he met Jace. Zayn wanted to get to know the boy and become friends with him. He felt like an entirely different person around Jace. A person that Zayn desperately wanted to be but was too afraid to be.

—————

"Zayn, buddy. It's time to wake up," the teen heard Liam's soft voice echoed out in the quiet room. Zayn silently groaned, taking a minute before slowly opening his eyes. He flinched at the bright light that invaded his room. He slowly sat up, groaning as stretched out his aching muscles.

"Good morning buddy. It's time to get ready for school. Breakfast is already on the table," Liam softly informed the teen with a small smile on his face. Zayn gave a weak smile back.

A wave of anxiety hit Zayn as he remember that today is in fact his first day at his new school. The smile on Zayn's face quickly vanished as Liam exited the room. The teen threw the blanket off him and made a run towards the bathroom.

He stared at his reflection in the mirror, hands shaking wildly. He ran a shaky hand through his unkempt raven colored hair, taking in a few deep breaths.

"You got this Zayn," he muttered to himself, turning the faucet on.

"Pull yourself together," he muttered again, he cupped his hands under the faucet, letting the cool water flow into them. He leaned down a bit, splashing the cold water onto his face, refreshing him a bit. He repeated that a few times until he felt better.

He quickly continued his usual morning routine that involved using the bathroom, brushing his teeth, and fixing his hair to look at least a bit presentable. Once he finished his routine, he exited the bathroom and walked over to the suitcase laying on the floor.

Zayn rummaged through it a bit before pulling out a solid maroon shirt and his usual ripped black skinny jeans. He quickly threw his night clothes off and pulled on his outfit. He wandered over to the full length mirror in the bathroom and gave himself a look over. Once he thought he looked decent enough, he walked back out the bathroom, grabbing his backpack and Ezra's sweater before heading downstairs.