Chapter One: New Home, The Mall, And Cute Strangers?

: WHY YOU NO UPDATE IM CRYING THIS BOOK IS AMAZING

—•—•—•—•—

[Unedited]

1 Year Ago

"And this your room," Niall said, concluding the house tour he was giving Zayn. They entered the quite large room, larger than any room Zayn had stayed in.

"It's a bit plain but you can add your touches to it," Niall said. Zayn nodded, taking a look around. The walls were a plain white color, a bed sat in the middle of the room, a closet on the other side, a dresser next to it, a desk next to the wall, and a bookshelf next to it. It looked like a normal guest bedroom, which would be later turned into Zayn's room. Zayn was impressed with it and he knew he would enjoy staying in this room, not that he would ever admit it out loud. He didn't know how long he would be staying here, he gives it a month. A month has been the longest time Zayn has stayed with a family before they tossed him out. 

"Mine and Liam's room is just right down the hall, last down to your left. Harry's room is downstairs and Louis' room is right across from Harry's," Niall explained. Zayn nodded, placing his items on the king sized bed.

"I'll let you start unpacking. If you need anything just let me know. We'll be leaving in like 20 minutes. I promised the boys I would take them to the mall," Niall said, Zayn nodded again and watched him leave the room. Zayn let out a small sigh as he moved his suitcase off the bed and placed it next to the bed on the ground. He ran a hand through his hair, messing it up a bit, as he walked over to the window. He unlocked it before pulling it open, poking his head out. He took in a deep breath, exhaling into the fresh air. 

It hasn't even been an hour yet and Zayn felt himself getting attached to this room. He loves this room, no questions asked. He knew he would love spending the rest of his years here in this house. The town is perfect, the house his perfect, his room is perfect. It was all perfect. Maybe a little too perfect. 

Zayn was driving himself crazy with these thoughts. He had a small habit of getting attached easily, but to things and places, never people. He was never one of those kids who got attached to people, he would rather distance himself from them to avoid that from happening. He knows he needs to start trusting someone soon if he ever wants to be in love or have someone he could count on to be there for him. He knows the issue of not trusting someone and not letting anyone in would lead to complications in the near future. But he could never bring himself to do it. He would rather be alone than to have someone come into his life just to walk out of it. 

A gentle knock on the door brought Zayn out of the daze he was in. He turned his head towards the door only to see Liam standing there with a smile on his face.

"Hey, we're leaving now," Liam informed the teen before leaving the room. Zayn nodded, running a hand through his hair once more before exiting the room. He ran down the steps and into the family room where everyone was waiting for him. 

"Ready to go?" Niall asked, slightly fixing Harry's messy hair. Harry swatted his father's hands away, not liking when people touched his hair. He only allowed one person to play with his hair and that was Louis. 

Zayn nodded, following his new family out the door and into the car. Zayn sat behind the Liam who was driving, Harry sat in the middle, and Louis sat behind Niall who was in the passenger seat. As the family set off towards the mall, instantly Louis and Harry began a conversation on a random topic while Zayn looked out the window and put in his headphones, letting the soft melody of Troye Sivan's Talk Me Down take him away to somewhere he was truly happy.