The Dove; Part 1

It all really started with complaining about girls.

"I've just about had it with Piper," Jason grumbled, rubbing his eyes, entering Posiedon's cabin. "I never know where we stand. She's so hyper aware of every single relationship move that we go through, it's exhausting."

They were all gathered in Percy's empty cabin. Leo was fiddling with a few spare scraps that Tyson had left. Frank had covered his face with a pillow, Nico was sitting by the new fountain, eerily swirling the water without touching the surface of the pond. Percy was lying on his bed, flipping through a comic book without really reading it. When Jason walked in complaining, everyone looked up at him.

"Do not get me started about girls," Frank muffled a groan from beneath his pillow. "Hazel is my everything, but if I have to hear the phrase 'the way things were' one more freakin' time--"

Leo dropped his tools dramatically, feigning a heart attack.

"Frank! Frank, your language, please!" Leo's voice was high pitched, obviously trying to mock Hazel. Frank threw the pillow at Leo who caught it. "Don't complain so much, at least you have here with you." Leo tucked his chin under the pillow and leaned against the fountain, looking at Nico in the reflection who was still concentrated on moving the shadows in the pool.

"You still haven't found her yet?" Jason said, sitting up. Percy perked up at this, looking around the room. Leo didn't look up from Nico's reflection when he shook his head.

"But I don't want to talk about that," Leo sighed.

"What, Calypso, or girls in general?" Percy said, throwing the comic aside and sitting up.

"I don't want to talk about girls at all," Jason groaned.

"Yeah." Frank sighed. "it seems like you're the only one who's not heartsick, Nico."

Nico stopped swirling the shadows in the fountain and looked up at Frank. A small, sad smile appeared on his face.

"Nope." He leaned against the foot of the bed that Jason was lying on. "Ache free."

"I have a crazy idea." Percy said, his eyes lighting up. Everyone turned to look at him.

"Percy, all your ideas are crazy. You don't have to add that unnecessary adjective." Leo said, flicking a washer at Percy. Percy swatted it away easily but still pressed on.

"Let's have a boy's night out."

The entire cabin groaned. The boys had often tried to have group activities that one of them coordinated, but usually the coordinator was the only one having any fun. Leo tried to convince everyone that working on the Argo II would be a great way to bond. Percy wanted to surf in Florida, but most everyone fell off their boards. Frank was really into renaissance faires for some reason, and only Nico seemed to be the only other person to show any form of interest. Jason took them all to an Broadway play. Leo could barely sit through to the intermission, he was so restless. Nico had refused to pull anything together to forgo the inevitable disinterest.

"I'm still healing from Leo's thing," Frank grumbled, raising his arm to show the stitches that one of the automatons carved into Frank when his guard was down.

"Yeah, and Frodo is in a billion pieces because of you!" Leo bit. Frank had retaliated by slicing the automaton until it stopped moving or having any recognizable shape whatsoever.

Frank shrugged sheepishly. "Go on and tell us your crazy idea, then."

"It's a way to forget about girls." Percy nodded. "Hear me out. I know this guy in New York, Son of Aphrodite. He owns a club. He lets me in sometimes, manipulates the mist so I can get as many free drinks as I want. I dance, I get wasted. It's a great time!"