Give me my belt

"Hey!" Leo cried as his precious tool belt was snatched out of his waist. He turned around and saw the daughter of Ares, Clarisse La Rue, holding the belt with a mischievous grin on her face. Oh, he did not like the look on her face. "Give it back!"

"Nuh-uh." Clarisse stretched her arm upward, bringing the belt higher. "You've got to get it to have it back." She chuckled.

Leo stood up from his chair and reached for the belt. Unfortunately, Clarisse was taller than him, giving her an advantage. Oh, how he wanted to just create something to scare the pig off.

Clarisse laughed harder at Leo's futile attempts to retrieve the belt.

Frustrated, Leo shouted. "Why won't you just give it to me?" He could feel his hands starting to heat, which was never a good thing but he couldn't bring himself to care at the moment.

"Oooooh..." Clarisse cooed, a devilish grin still etched on her face. "Do you want a fight, huh, Valdez?"

Leo shifted his weight as he glared at the daughter of Ares. Oh, if looks could only kill... things would've been much easier. "Just. Give. Me. My. Belt. Back."

Clarisse put a hand on her waist as she held the belt on the other, examining it. "What if I don't want to?" She turned to Leo.

Leo could feel a bit of spark of fire starting from his clenched fists and Clarisse noticed it. He knew she noticed it. And if you thought the girl would've been alarmed by now, well, you're wrong. Instead, the grin on her face grew larger.

They stood there in silence until a shout reached their eardrums.

"Valdez!" If it had been any other person's voice, he wouldn't have turned. But it was his voice. Nico's. "Put that fire away." Nico stomped towards them, clearly annoyed at the two. "And you!" He shouted as he reached the spot between Leo and Clarisse. "La Rue! Why don't you just hand the belt over?"

Finally, the grin was wiped from her face. "No."

"La Rue..." He warned as he glared at the girl. "Don't wait until..." He didn't need to finish his sentence, Nico's presence, alone, creeped the hell out of Clarisse. Annoyed, Clarisse through the belt towards his feet and stomped off.

- - -